• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Las Vegas Challenge PDGA NT

It did look like the afternoon got worse for players.

I am SURE Jomez is looking forward to filming that lead card tomorrow. Good thing no one else was allowed to do any post produced coverage. #ThrowGrenadeAndRun
:wall:

I saw that Dutch posted that CCDG was covering his card, 3rd card. I was too under the impression that no one but Jomez would be out there. I guess we will see, I know Jomez was the only one's listed so maybe it was a last minute decision?

It did look like the afternoon got worse for players.

I am SURE Jomez is looking forward to filming that lead card tomorrow. Good thing no one else was allowed to do any post produced coverage. #ThrowGrenadeAndRun
:wall:

Jomez is all you really need though....

Jomez is all you really need though....

Can't wait until next off season when I finally decide to watch it and get to hear that riveting bigsexy commentary like yeah definitely and yeah absolutely to every single comment the other one makes.

Can't wait until next off season when I finally decide to watch it and get to hear that riveting bigsexy commentary like yeah definitely and yeah absolutely to every single comment the other one makes.

Maybe you should drop a line to Jomez and record some tracks for their vids

I saw that Dutch posted that CCDG was covering his card, 3rd card. I was too under the impression that no one but Jomez would be out there. I guess we will see, I know Jomez was the only one's listed so maybe it was a last minute decision?

He was probably talking about Memorial, we're filming him first round there (he's on the 3rd feature card)

So how gimmicky/clownmouthy is this course they are playing on this year?

Based on an instagram interview with Jessica W. where she says it was very calm up to her last couple holes Im assuming the earlier the tee time the better cause the media I saw from the super card had crazy winds.

Tee times are a must but with frisbees sometimes you just get unlucky.

Nikko was on a later card I think so he must have played really well. It would be cool of someone did a tee time analysis. And by someone I mean Steve.

Yes frasnow. But alas, PDGA and sponsors put up road blocks to that.

But I am working on changing that...

Based on an instagram interview with Jessica W. where she says it was very calm up to her last couple holes Im assuming the earlier the tee time the better cause the media I saw from the super card had crazy winds.

Tee times are a must but with frisbees sometimes you just get unlucky.

Nikko was on a later card I think so he must have played really well. It would be cool of someone did a tee time analysis. And by someone I mean Steve.

I root for the bulls on the PBR tour to be a good test of rider skills, and for the disc golf course to do a good job of measuring skill of players. This course, this day, under these conditions, did not make me cheer.

Skimmed the thread - but I want to throw in a couple things:

- Course got WINDY after 11am. Matching the scores from the early tee times would have been impossible. I'm highly impressed by -5 and better from anyone who began their round after the wind picked up. It was a sharp, cold wind that just cut through any outerwear that allows range of motion (aka what everyone was wearing). It was borderline unplayable at times, there was no telling what the disc would do.

I saw a guy tee off on Hole 9, flipped over immediately, careening WAY OB with no chance to hook up...then the wind gusts so hard that the disc lifts 20' into the air and stalls out...so much so that it almost blew backwards into the fairway...I mean he was going to be 100' OB and he was only 3' from a miracle.

Not fun. 8' putts were knee knockers.

---

Quick note about the media supercard ruling - I told people at the PDGA almost immediately that I was going to ignore that rule. It's so ridiculously nearsighted and at the same time overreaching.

TD's and Media FINALLY had a solution for the problems with the first round videos - nobody watches them (relatively speaking). We did the PDGA's job for them, improved the demand and anticipation for Round 1 coverage, which is good for all of the obvious reasons.

In return, we got an insulting slap on the wrist (it came completely out of left field, no warning, no consulting, no communication whatsoever with any of us) because a handful of players complained that super cards had an "advantage"... and to that argument I just roll my eyes.

Yeah, so there's my hot take on that.

Yes frasnow. But alas, PDGA and sponsors put up road blocks to that.

But I am working on changing that...

Truly disappointing. This is the only reason I was happy about the end of the Disc Golf World Tour. Jusi's legacy of media control continues.

He was probably talking about Memorial, we're filming him first round there (he's on the 3rd feature card)

Ah yeah, someone else had pointed it out to me and I didn't even think about that. Makes sense as I was under the impression that Jomez were the only ones at the LVC. It's a real shame that you and even Terry couldn't be out there at least doing some extra post produced stuff. Sure would like to see some of those early cards tee off and see if Paige, Paul, or Ricky put down record rounds to get back in this thing.

Oh and dude, loved hearing AJ on commentary for the WTO. That was great coverage.

Some kind of statistic on the correlation of late tee time to number of OB shots and putting precentage (compared to last year stats for said player example) would be lovely.

Max wind speed of 33 mph yesterday for many of those later cards. Looks like the lead card will only have to deal with wind speeds of 13-15 mph today.

That's still not clear. Wouldn't you read the rule text to say that allowing a Super Group requires "live coverage" AND "player group agreeing" AND "waiver is required"? Seems like that was the intent of part J. of the grouping rule as I remember it, i.e., that all three of those conditions must be met to allow a Super group.

Since the wording in the manual is " "Super Groups" for media purposes" it could be construed that any reason other than media is sufficient to make one sans waiver as well.