• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Las Vegas Challenge PDGA NT

Why are Simon and Eagle routinely on "feature" cards? I get Ricky (2x) and Nate (USDGC).

Because Simon throws 700 ft. bombs, and then the morbid fascination watching Eagle lose a won tournament...

(Seriously, because they both throw bombs)

FPO 1st round vids are up on Jomez...

Just watched the FPO feature card for Rd. 1. I thought Catrina Allen played very well. She played "Sexton golf", i.e. smart golf; she made great layups instead of trying too hard to make something of nothing or very little. Her drives were mostly good, a few drives meant to hyzer in straightened out on her, but nothing bad. I don't think she got an OB, though she might have and I forgot about it. Her putting was fairly solid, especially after the early holes.

But most of all, she looked like she was having fun out there, like DG wasn't a chore for her. And that was good to see.

Jennifer Allen and Jessica Weese played pretty well. Jennifer can bomb it. Jessica has a great forehand game that I learn from when I watch her play.

And then there was Paige Pierce. Very frustrating to watch, so I'm sure it was more frustrating for her. That one back-and-forth hole was reminiscent of Eagle's bad hole last week. She got chancy on drives, a'la McBeth when he gets behind, and Paige had an OB or two (or more) as a result. But her putts were not the PP standard we've become used to. Hopefully she can get it back and shoot lights out the rest of the way...

Video coverage of this event has been underwhelming. The DGWT may no longer be a thing, but this feels exactly like their handful of events last year. Sit around and watch the numbers show up on the board, hope the post-produced stuff is worth the wait whenever we get it.

Can't wait for the next DGPT event :clap:

Underwhelming might be a but harsh, they've only had one round posted so far and it was in horrible conditions for scoring. You cant blame Jomez for that... But I agree that I prefer live coverage and cant wait for it...

Video coverage of this event has been underwhelming. The DGWT may no longer be a thing, but this feels exactly like their handful of events last year. Sit around and watch the numbers show up on the board, hope the post-produced stuff is worth the wait whenever we get it.

Can't wait for the next DGPT event :clap:

It really has been. I mean I do like what has been put out there, but only covering the top MPO and the top FPO is pretty bad, especially in cases like this event. Paige shot lights yesterday, 1021 rated, and not on the lead card, and Simon is 7 down through 7 right now and neither will be on film.

Even if they don't want to pay for live for crying out loud get some more crews out there covering some of these other cards for more post produced stuff.

Isn't Terry there? I though I heard him saying he might to some bonus coverage at this, but I might also be imagining that. Anyways, holy Lizotte's batman.

Well, if anything, the high winds made it interesting with some new names in the mix. All seems (almost) right now after today's hot rounds.

Latest posts