• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Las Vegas Challenge PDGA NT

yah...Jomez Coverage was incredible to say the least. MPO/FPO.. just awesome. REALLY loved the way they integrated the commercials into the video so the "feel of the coverage" never stopped and just flowed well, resulting in a bit shorter video as well. Nice! ;)

Agree 100%. Commercials in the beginning like ccdg are ok too., you can just ff a couple minutes but they still get paid. Spintv is on another level however, sorry. It's like watching prime time tv 50% action 50% ads, it ultimately isn't worth it when there's other coverage available.

I really like sexton as always for coverage. He matches up well with anyone. Madison is doing great as well. She's starting to get over that constant laughing, and has quality commentary.

Agree 100%. Commercials in the beginning like ccdg are ok too., you can just ff a couple minutes but they still get paid. Spintv is on another level however, sorry. It's like watching prime time tv 50% action 50% ads, it ultimately isn't worth it when there's other coverage available.

I really like sexton as always for coverage. He matches up well with anyone. Madison is doing great as well. She's starting to get over that constant laughing, and has quality commentary.

Yep, Madison is getting much better, just needs to cut back on the giggling and the blatant PP rooting. I though L Fajkus carried their commentary though.

I would be SHOCKED if one of the pros that complained about Supergroups was not Koling. I would imagine he was fairly vocal about it as well. He does more than his fair share of whining and never shies away from telling TDs what they need to do differently to suit him.

I did however enjoy him radiating saltiness in the beginning, but at some point give it up dude. I don't need to hear on every single hole how you got screwed because it was windier for you.

I would be SHOCKED if one of the pros that complained about Supergroups was not Koling. I would imagine he was fairly vocal about it as well. He does more than his fair share of whining and never shies away from telling TDs what they need to do differently to suit him.

I did however enjoy him radiating saltiness in the beginning, but at some point give it up dude. I don't need to hear on every single hole how you got screwed because it was windier for you.

The "BigSexy" commentary team is losing a little luster already for me, mainly due to BJ. Sexton is very solid. Maybe JK will end up being like Gary McCord in "real" golf, can't play with the big boys but hangs around as an announcer.

After watching the tournament videos, I thought something looked familiar. I just realized what it was.

The Wildhorse course is featured this month on the Innova calendar hanging on my cubicle wall at work. :thmbup:

Too slow to edit...

picture.php

The "BigSexy" commentary team is losing a little luster already for me, mainly due to BJ. Sexton is very solid. Maybe JK will end up being like Gary McCord in "real" golf, can't play with the big boys but hangs around as an announcer.

Agreed, Sexton is really enjoyable and personable. I think when they first started they raised the bar a bit, but I don't think they (in particular Jerm) are so unbelievably good, that they should automatically be the voice of Jomez every single round.

I do enjoy how Koling's mind is blown whenever someone throws a big forehand that he didn't think to try, or doesn't have the ability to. He always seems to think that it must be wind aided or something.

If I had a CE Firebird for every commentator this place has been overly critical of over the years...

Well Hamp, it IS a forum, where some people express opinions and stuff. Are you saying all commentators are outstanding? Really? Overly critical? Sheesh, a little touchy?

but I feel like it is still only reaching people that are already pretty heavily involved in the game. I know quite a few regular tournament players that don't even watch and don't care to watch other people play disc golf. I do not believe that media is the driving force in getting new players into the game.

I know this is only anecdotal, but I get a LOT of messages that people got into disc golf from watching our vids. Not to mention how many people do you think were exposed to disc golf for the first time because of the Philo Albatross vid? Millions is the answer.

If I had a CE Firebird for every commentator this place has been overly critical of over the years...

I'll never forget that time some dude made a post here with numbered list of all the reasons I sucked. That was cool. :wall:

A commentator will never please everyone as much as we want to.

I know this is only anecdotal, but I get a LOT of messages that people got into disc golf from watching our vids. Not to mention how many people do you think were exposed to disc golf for the first time because of the Philo Albatross vid? Millions is the answer.

I'll never forget that time some dude made a post here with numbered list of all the reasons I sucked. That was cool. :wall:

A commentator will never please everyone as much as we want to.

Hmm. You are very pleasing.
You've pleased me again and again and again.

... dude made a post here with numbered list ...

Reasons Ian is awesome
  1. "Let's watch some disc golf"
  2. Knows all the discs
  3. Knows all the players
  4. genuinely hyped to see great shots
  5. sincere empathy when shots go bad
  6. cracks up all the time
  7. fast turn around on big events
  8. sends out footage all year
  9. pulled together bunch of good folk to help
  10. naturally high

I couldn't be happier with the Jomez production, including the commentary, for the Las Vegas Challenge. The quality, right down the the great cover shots for each video, is fantastic. Think about how quickly these came out for both MPO and FPO. Obviously a huge effort and it is greatly appreciated.

Reasons Ian is awesome
  1. "Let's watch some disc golf"
  2. Knows all the discs
  3. Knows all the players
  4. genuinely hyped to see great shots
  5. sincere empathy when shots go bad
  6. cracks up all the time
  7. fast turn around on big events
  8. sends out footage all year
  9. pulled together bunch of good folk to help
  10. naturally high

11. Does a great job leading his color announcer to give great color commentary.

Latest posts