• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

Is there going to be a film crew following Paige and Cat's card tomorrow? Temps are going to be just above freezing at Fountain Hills, and the course will likely be wet from rains tonight. I doubt they'll be posting great scores, but it'll be interesting to see.

Yea they are recording the FPO feature card and will be splicing it into the live feed like last year.

From the same link I posted yesterday...

Live Coverage: More Better

More: 10 events. 33 rounds. In 2018, every round of every tournament will be covered live on our Watch page. Every event, every round, one link.

Better: Thanks in part to a partnership with the PDGA, the women's coverage on the live stream will be edited better and integrated better. Improved SmashboxxTV equipment will mean a crisper broadcast and better scheduling should shorten the average broadcast round to three hours. Player interviews and in depth analysis on potentially pivotal holes will help give the viewer a deeper appreciation of the players and the course. And lastly, improved UDisc stats will be collected from every player giving the commentators more meaningful stats to display.

What is the probability that any player will play within 5 points of their average rating at this tournament?

I'm sure Chuck or Steve have crunched the numbers, but just by the sheer size of the field, isn't it certain that several players will play their rating?

Yep DGPT knows how to do it. Live coverage of the feature card each day, and post produced of the 2nd and 3rd, as well as Women's feature card spliced into the live coverage each day. Pretty sure this is the formula for every DGPT stop this season.

Meanwhile, lead FPO and MPO only for our NTs (Except GBO) and no live coverage (except GBO), unless you count facebook live where you can't even see the shots.

So there's no post-production of the lead card, only the live stream? I know they've been stepping up their live stream game lately, but I still much prefer post production coverage to live. I know I'm complaining about a free product, but still, dang it

Come one folks! Did you listen at the end of my interview?
(http://blog.dynamicdiscs.com/2018/02/we-are-starting-new-series-on-disc-golf.html?m=1) Get over to the patreon accounts of Smashboxxx, Jomez, CCDG, etc. THAT'S how to get something. Instead of expecting it free.

Maybe if everyone didn't look at just as free coverage and kicked in a buck or two they live stream would be even better. It's pretty easy to do through the patreon account. Just sayin'

That goes for all of our media outlets as well. Jomez, CCDG, I'm sure they would all appreciate it.

^^^This. Big time.

What up gang! Just wanted to provide a little clarification on media at Memorial.

So day 1 you've got it right. Smash on feature 1, Jomez on feature 2, CCDG on feature 3

Day 2: Smash and Jomez on Lead card, CCDG on chase
Day 3: Smash and CCDG on lead card, Jomez on chase
Day 4: Smash and Jomez on lead, CCDG on chase.

Ty for reminder Brutal, I won't spoil the winner in the chase card vid :)

As for commentary, It'll most likely be Cory and me.

Flying out in a couple hours, Stoked!

the tourney coverage on the las vegas was amazing. new graphics. beautiful course. i'm like in total aha mode after viewing the vids. just so cool. I will be pledging something for sure this year. these guys deserve some of my cash for their continued improvement of filming the great sport of dg.

the tourney coverage on the las vegas was amazing. new graphics. beautiful course. i'm like in total aha mode after viewing the vids. just so cool. I will be pledging something for sure this year. these guys deserve some of my cash for their continued improvement of filming the great sport of dg.

All of we consumers should.

In fact I think the producers should ignore the negative comments or even constructive comments of anyone not helping (with $) to get the coverage produced.

Here I'll help everyone out:

In fact I think the producers should ignore the negative comments or even constructive comments of anyone not helping (with $) to get the coverage produced.

Listening only to the obsequious is not the best path to improving one's craft. Are you a politician by any chance? Trump administration?

Looks like hole 2 giving plenty of people the usual problems. Seeing a lot of 5, 6, 7's.

Let's see if Cat and Paige can turn it around on the back 9.

And the new Mrs. McBeth, +5 through 5. Oof. Hope she finds her stride as well.

Hope he's ok, too. You never want to see a player get hurt or anything.

I didn't know they changed 6 of the women's tees at Fountain Hills to make them shorter. And even with the change, you're still seeing the FPO leaders at -2, -1. Can't wait to see the footage to see how it all played out.

He had some high numbers in there. Not sure if Bell dropping out was a frustration thing, an injury thing, or something else. I imagine info will be out on that sometime today.

Ol' putter pants starting off strong. The DD crowd goes wild!

Latest posts