• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

I was pulling for McBeast... but am happy Barsby got it. Him and Conrad were the only ones in the hunt that I was cheering for at all. Barsby has put in his time and paid his dues too.

yeah i threw a round with him when he was on that short lived disc company called deity and even have a prototype unreleased driver as proof from it

maybe, he upped his practice regimen since then. That would have been, what? 4 or 5 years ago?

So...the key for the FPO win is....."to simply throw the disc frickin straight!!!" Seriously...seems like most of the FPO were throwing stable to overstable discs resulting in wide horizontal sweeps, hard fades at the end, flair skips, etc, etc. Paige B on the other hand..."hmm...looks like a tough hole...guess I'll just throw a slower speed disc, around 320ft or so....straight... and take a par and move on...what?...I'm in the circle, might as well go for a bird while I'm here." Seriously... that was by far the most smartest, impressive FPO win I've ever seen. Very Val like, but with a better overall technical skill set. Plus...c'mon...you can't help but like her, she seems very friendly, nice, and that emotion displayed after the win..wow...we had a chance to be up close and actually "listen" to all that emotion being released. I almost felt like they should have turned the mic off, but I'm glad they didn't, that was great to hear. :) I'm sure she made a lot of new fans today. :clap:

PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships 2018 MPO Performance Tracks

attachment.php

Attachments

• PW18MPOTracks.jpg
    PW18MPOTracks.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 333
It´s hard not to feel like McBeth and Pierce gave the title away. . .Paige on hole 7.

Paul had 4 3/4 really good rounds, but lost the title in the last few holes in R3, particularly that 7 he took on hole 18.

But very smart and tactical win by Paige B. . .fun to se someone playing smart.

have to mention Anthon, MAN that guy can putt. . .wow

By that thought process, everyone gave the title away except Bjerkaas and Barsby. Saying that anyone "gave the title away" assumes they were somehow entitled to it. I prefer to look at it as Paige and Gregg outplaying everyone and earning their wins rather than that anyone "gave it away".

I´m not the best to express myself in English so that maybe came out wrong.

But i still feel that Paul and Paige P could have won this, but the screwed that up on one hole. . . .But i agree a better way to Express myself was that Paige B and Barsby played tacticly perfect and forced McBeth and PP to make those mistakes

Something to note - the most vocal pro's in favor of "making the basket smaller" (when that discussion spiked a few weeks ago) or Disc Golf being "too easy" finished outside of the top 25 (with few also being out of the top 50) at worlds. Makes you wonder if they should reconsider that argument.. perhaps pushing for more courses to be at the standard of Fox Run and Brewster is more worthwhile endeavor. With Barsby averaging just over -8 per round and McBeth just under -8 per round, seems very competitive in my eyes.

Smugglers Notch has set the new standard for a Word Championship in every respect. There is simply no better place to play golf or spectate on the planet.

Congratulations to Paige and Gregg. It was a pleasure watching you throw!

Something to note - the most vocal pro's in favor of "making the basket smaller" (when that discussion spiked a few weeks ago) or Disc Golf being "too easy" finished outside of the top 25 (with few also being out of the top 50) at worlds. Makes you wonder if they should reconsider that argument.. perhaps pushing for more courses to be at the standard of Fox Run and Brewster is more worthwhile endeavor. With Barsby averaging just over -8 per round and McBeth just under -8 per round, seems very competitive in my eyes.

But maybe those players would have done better in Worlds on a smaller target? ;)

An average of -8 per round is perfect :)

But WAY to many OB on the FPO side..not fun to watch

Latest posts