• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 DGPT Championship Charlotte, NC Oct 18- 20

Hornets Nest has been transformed into a real gold level course from an existing goldish (mainly the Web layout) course. 4-5 new teepads and 6 or so new greens were installed in the past 3 weeks under the guidance of Jeff Spring DGPT (Director), John Houck, and Mark Huether (Charlotte Disc Golf Club course director) with the help of 25-30 Charlotte Disc Golf Club members. The course is now complete, DGPT "walls" and spectator boundaries are in place and only cosmetics (tee signs, banners, tents, etc.) still needed (on schedule for completion). The course is shining.

Now that Hornets Nest is slated for the 2020 DGPT finale, a few additional changes are possible--based on what was learned from next week's event and more time to actually install any changes.

Charlotte should shine!

Hornets Nest has been transformed into a real gold level course from an existing goldish (mainly the Web layout) course. 4-5 new teepads and 6 or so new greens were installed in the past 3 weeks under the guidance of Jeff Spring DGPT (Director), John Houck, and Mark Huether (Charlotte Disc Golf Club course director) with the help of 25-30 Charlotte Disc Golf Club members. The course is now complete, DGPT "walls" and spectator boundaries are in place and only cosmetics (tee signs, banners, tents, etc.) still needed (on schedule for completion). The course is shining.

Now that Hornets Nest is slated for the 2020 DGPT finale, a few additional changes are possible--based on what was learned from next week's event and more time to actually install any changes.

Charlotte should shine!

We accomplished a lot today

I'm interested to see how the course plays for the top guys. It's definitely a tough course and will have teeth but is fair the whole way through. Renaissance has lost some teeth over the years so I think Nest Gold is the most difficult layout in town now and requires accurate distance that very few courses in Charlotte require. Hopefully it will become a mainstay on tour!

Charlotte should shine!

sweet im glad the more important people got a shout out and notified

im excited to see how it plays

Was just looking at the broadcast schedule and noticed something. The rd1 MPO card Friday morning says live at 9am but the FPO quarterfinals has a card listed as Live for 10am and then again out with the MPO QFs at 3pm... Are you guys going to be streaming MPO and FPO at the same time? If so, will it be separate streams or cutting back and forth? Or is the schedule just wrong?

Last edited:
I am really excited for this event to come to Charlotte. I played the course yesterday and it is absolutely fit for the top professionals to play it. It is in phenomenal condition and the forecast looks perfect for this weekend as well.

Was just looking at the broadcast schedule and noticed something. The rd1 MPO card Friday morning says live at 9am but the FPO quarterfinals has a card listed as Live for 10am and then again out with the MPO QFs at 3pm... Are you guys going to be streaming MPO and FPO at the same time? If so, will it be separate streams or cutting back and forth? Or is the schedule just wrong?

I believe the plan is to bounce back and forth between the cards in the morning.

So Top 8 scores advance to quarterfinals? I kind of thought the winner of each card did advance

So Top 8 scores advance to quarterfinals? I kind of thought the winner of each card did advance

I think they have done that in the past, but it is Top 8 that advance. That makes sense, wouldn't you hate to have someone on another card, with a worse score than yours, advance to the next round, because you are on a card with someone that went really low?

Interesting how they advertise the MPO card on their website, then in the Youtube video description, then once live say it's going to be FPO and we "hope" to see some MPO action. Not sure if it was on purpose to get people over to the stream, or poor planning for the DGPT.

Interesting how they advertise the MPO card on their website, then in the Youtube video description, then once live say it's going to be FPO and we "hope" to see some MPO action. Not sure if it was on purpose to get people over to the stream, or poor planning for the DGPT.

History would point towards poor planning