• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 European Open

RistoS

Eagle Member
European Open - PDGA Major
18th - 21st July in Nokia, Finland

https://www.opendiscgolf.com/
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38397

We got some breaking news today as Seppo Paju announced his withdrawal from the tournament. He said he's not been playing the way he would like and has decided to practice instead, planning to return at the World Championships. Sylvain Gouge will replace him in the Presidents Cup on Wednesday.

Unfortunate news, though based on his performance at Tyyni it seems he's lost the putt again.

Yea... he didn't do very well in Estonia over the weekend either. 981 968 979...:eek:

Any word on why Big Jerm DNF'd in Estonia?

Yea... he didn't do very well in Estonia over the weekend either. 981 968 979...:eek:

Any word on why Big Jerm DNF'd in Estonia?

Jerm said he has sciatic pain to the point he couldnt walk. It was present before the start of the tournament, but he got through the first round okay. Immediately after the round, he couldn't move

Nice to see a top players from Europe and US to battle out in interesting Beast. Wait, I can't because even though it is a MAJOR there is no live.

I hope that at least the SpinTV gets postpro out fast. Time to unsubscribe all related accounts though.

From the homepage

"The epic team battle between Team USA and Team Europe - the Presidents Cup – will be broadcasted via Facebook live. The event begins at 14:45 Finnish time (UTC+3). FPO live coverage will be posted on the PDGA Facebook page, with commentary by Steve Hill. MPO live coverage will instead be posted on the SpinTV Facebook page, with commentary by Avery Jenkins. Of course you will be able to follow the live scores only at UDisclive.com."

That is Presidents Cup, actual EO doesn't mention live. But probably there will be some clips by Avery as usual.

Hmm, it's confusing on the web page. Presidents Cup doesn't have separate MPO and FPO divisions, as far as I know.

Last edited:
^ But I guess it'll be a Presidents Cup multicast of sorts and the main event itself isn't covered live that extensively. (Missed the edit window for this)

For some reason, once again, this amazing event is the week as the Open Championship completely destroying any chance of good media coverage in sports.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

When will the sport really grow? When we get out of our own way.

Doesn't a Finnish TV network usually broadcast this event live?

For some reason, once again, this amazing event is the week as the Open Championship completely destroying any chance of good media coverage in sports.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

When will the sport really grow? When we get out of our own way.

If only this event was held next week, we would have a HUGE audience and GIGANTIC payouts!

Doesn't a Finnish TV network usually broadcast this event live?
Spin18, the same company that was behind the Disc Golf World Tour, has been responsible for the recent live broadcast productions. I suppose the whole thing still isn't worth the financial effort in the long term at that level of quality. The last live TV coverage was the European Championships in 2016.

Meanwhile, I didn't really expect to see Big Sexy in the title of a sports news article by YLE.

Very odd results. . we need more EU players on the US tour

I think it's the format more than anything else. The first round in particular. I'm fairly certain that they do it that way because it is a bit flukey (anyone can have a bad round or bad stretch of holes, or the opposite) and thus gives the illusion of tighter competition.

I'd rather see this be more of a stand alone event instead of a single afternoon. Make it two days of match play, Ryder Cup style. Day one, two rounds of doubles matches. At least one round should feature mixed teams (one male, one female) so the women aren't isolated in their own group the whole time. Day 2 is singles matches. Each match is worth one point, most total points wins.

USA should win this and they did. . .but they "lost" on the FPO side with the two giants of the sport on the FPO side on the team