• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 European Open July 21-24

There is a superb club structure in Sweden all reporting back into the central Finnish org., with good resources and knowledge to fall back on, It's an admirable structure to an outsider.

In other countries it's a helluva lot more piecemeal and Wild Westy!

Old news at this point, but...

This video just posted to YT, and is a great synopsis of what occurred and when, and only takes 10 min to watch.

IMHO, R. M. breaks it down pretty objectively, and has a great take at the end.

Last edited:

This video just posted to YT, and is a great synopsis of what occurred and when, and only takes 10 min to watch.

completely forgot macbeth and eagle were playin great

all i remember is the nikko incident and then they didnt release post production within a reasonable time period so i (and many others i bet) forgot about it

Ok, I finally got around to watching the full final round European Open on YouTube last night. Can someone explain to me why Eagle didn't take a bogey 5 on hole 16? He threw his 2nd shot to the 'island' and missed. That means he takes a stroke and is throwing 4 from the last spot he crossed inbounds. This time he hits the island and then makes the easy putt for a 5. It was scored as a 4 and no one seemed to catch it. How can that be? This has me perplexed. It would have led to a playoff. Sorry I'm not able to inbed a video of the hole. Help me understand! lol

Ok, I finally got around to watching the full final round European Open on YouTube last night. Can someone explain to me why Eagle didn't take a bogey 5 on hole 16? He threw his 2nd shot to the 'island' and missed. That means he takes a stroke and is throwing 4 from the last spot he crossed inbounds.

They have a special OB rule for that hole. It's a distance penalty but NOT a throw penalty. So he is throwing 3 (not 4) on the toss that makes the island.

Did you watch Round 1? McBeth actually did the same thing. They explain the rule during the first round post-pro commentary.

They have a special OB rule for that hole. It's a distance penalty but NOT a throw penalty. So he is throwing 3 (not 4) on the toss that makes the island.

Did you watch Round 1? McBeth actually did the same thing. They explain the rule during the first round post-pro commentary.

Thank you! I knew there had to be an explanation that got past me. No, I didn't see any of the other rounds, by the time DGPT got around to dropping that to YouTube, I just wanted to see the final round. I had only seen the highlights.

I think he documented how most of us see it.

Beyond that is speculation/opinion. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. Nikko has a serious anger management issue. But, anger is actually a symptom and not the problem he's experiencing.

But, anger is actually a symptom and not the problem he's experiencing.
I'm no psychologist, but this makes sense.
Probs has to establish and address the underlying root cause for why he's feeling that anger in the first place.

Sadly, (or perhaps fortunately for Nikko), he's not alone. There are quite a few people who have anger management problems that stem from some deeper unaddressed, unresolved issue(s). I don't think there's any major shortage of programs and professionals out there to help people deal with that.

Like so many other mental health issues, the first couple of steps are recognizing/admitting that you need help, and actually seeking out that help.

It's time for society to let go of any stigmas associated with getting that help. Obtaining help for health issues, weather physical or mental, should be judgement free.

Anger is a feeling when a person cannot control their emotions because of emotional arousal. It arises from a feeling of threat to our emotional or physical well-being. Anger can be the result of depression, frustration, hopelessness, and irritability associated with depression. Therefore, if you feel a lot of emotional tension, you need to prevent it, or it will lead to the treating depression. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Do not underestimate the importance of your emotional state.