• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Brown%27s

I've never seen these anywhere else but NY style Jewish delis.

You had Montreal style bagels? I haven't been to NY but I much prefer the dense Montreal style to the bread shaped like donuts style. That said some of the NY style bagels that have a little texture to the outside of them are pretty good, and I'm fully aware I haven't had the real thing til I've been to NY. And I need to have that pizza for real too.

e5efb8b4a3ce7bc8be0162a1a4ae5039.jpg

Discraft Underground Captain posted this on Facespace today. I wonder what the details of this deal were, or if there even was one.

Could Discraft, Jomez and McBeth be aiming to take down the DGPT?

You had Montreal style bagels? I haven't been to NY but I much prefer the dense Montreal style to the bread shaped like donuts style. That said some of the NY style bagels that have a little texture to the outside of them are pretty good, and I'm fully aware I haven't had the real thing til I've been to NY. And I need to have that pizza for real too.

Hot take time

Best NY style pizza is in Boston. Come at me.

What's a Jewish soft drink, I'm from New Jersey and have never heard this phrase in my life.

Unless that soft drink has been circumcized, I'm guessing it is kosher.

You guys are right though, Dr Browns is definitely a sign of good deli! The cream soda is the bomb, and the celery soda is surprisingly good and refreshing.

Last edited:
Oh, now we're talking pizza, something I actually like? Portland has great pizza. Apizza Scholls is fantastic, but I work close to a Life of Pie so I go there more often and it's fantastic.

Also, for me the best test of a real pizza joint is the margherita. If you can't make a good margherita, then no matter how many random ingredients you cram on top, it just won't be that great.

There is this cute little mom n pop Italian joint in my town up here in Wisconsin that makes killer good homemade pizza.

Also, I 2nd the notion that pineapple doesn't belong anywhere near pizza. Ever.

BBQ pizza is good every now n then. I also love a chicken ranch one here and there.

Dynamic Discs for me is the hardest to understand, as ironic as that is.

I think this is because there isn't a solid "convention" like Discmania & Prodigy. I can't imagine coming into the sport and trying to figure out Innova's or Discraft's discs at this point. How is a Leopard different than a Cheetah? Thunderbird vs T-bird vs Destroyer? Firebird & Ape? The names make no sense, which is why the flight numbers can help out newer players. But even then you need to learn what "glide, fade, & turn" are. But it is no different than any other sport's jargon.

What bothers me MOST is that Innova used to be the company with the animal names, then they started getting into mythical creatures (Ok, I guess)... BUT then they added things like Destroyer, Mirage, Wedge, Dart, TL, & Dominator. COME ON INNOVA. Stop messing with me. Pick a scheme.

I think this is because there isn't a solid "convention" like Discmania & Prodigy. I can't imagine coming into the sport and trying to figure out Innova's or Discraft's discs at this point. How is a Leopard different than a Cheetah? Thunderbird vs T-bird vs Destroyer? Firebird & Ape? The names make no sense, which is why the flight numbers can help out newer players. But even then you need to learn what "glide, fade, & turn" are. But it is no different than any other sport's jargon.

What bothers me MOST is that Innova used to be the company with the animal names, then they started getting into mythical creatures (Ok, I guess)... BUT then they added things like Destroyer, Mirage, Wedge, Dart, TL, & Dominator. COME ON INNOVA. Stop messing with me. Pick a scheme.

Next up from Innova, the Star 300F. It's star plastic and is meant to go straight about 300 with a fade finish. Then the 350T, that goes 350 feet while holding the turn at the end.

I don't see anyone making these names easier as they create new molds lol

Convention or not a new player needs to learn all of that stuff. Prodigy can make sense to someone that understands glide and HSS and fade, then learns the discs but that is just gibberish numbers to a new player.

Innova had a theme, but simply throwing in too many discs into the mix made that hard to maintain I think.

Dynamic Discs is funny because it ALMOST seems like there is a method to the naming as far as parts of the justice system and good guys vs bad guys over stable to understable, and putters vs mids vs drivers... but then look deeper and nope no real convention at all.

I don't think any of them are easier or harder to understand it is all just what you get familiar with.
Funny I just looked and Discraft still has the Hawk. My first disc. I thought it went OOP years ago just because it was confusing if it were a Discraft or Innova disc

I call shenanigans. Innova could have continued with their animal line without a problem forever. Innova and Discraft should swap out the Hawk & Starfire and call it a day.

But I do agree, you just have to learn the discs and what they each do regardless of the manufacturer. And then Discraft decided to go all insecty things for their midranges. And Innova has the Skeeter that they introduced in 06 (after the buzz & wasp).

Sometimes I think these companies just do it to spite each other and confuse the customer.

Dynamic Discs is funny because it ALMOST seems like there is a method to the naming as far as parts of the justice system and good guys vs bad guys over stable to understable, and putters vs mids vs drivers... but then look deeper and nope no real convention at all.

If you go by speed class then they seem on a similar-ish level as you said putters vs. mids vs. drivers, but I don't think the stability really matters for good vs. bad like you said. Just saying there seems to be a method rather than just legal-ish names at random.

But Judge/Warden, then Truth/Verdict/Justice then Convict/Felon/Criminal/Escape then Defender/Enforcer/Sheriff/Captain.

At this point there are just so many names that it gets pretty complicated. Then couple that with a lot of people associating the 3 brands together and the plastics that are the same but with different names...it can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes to recall exact discs.

Since we are moving on to pizza, New Haven has the best pizza, BBQ pizza shouldn't exist, and pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.

Never been to Hew Haven, so can't say one way or the other.

But the rest of your statement is spot on. BBQ pizza says to me "I don't make good pizza so I have to be different to cover it up". It is both an affront to pizza and BBQ. Pineapple I don't like, but I do not have as strong feelings about it.

Latest posts