• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

How much will Innova spend on making new ads? Seems like McBeth is in almost all they have now ...

Are you talking about the current Innova ads? I would assume they will make new ones in 2019.

Last edited:
He complained for 75% of the round. He didn't play well - only 1 stroke better than me

I haven't played with Matt, but in my experience, most touring/disc-golf-famous level players are similar when they're not shooting good/great rounds (by their standards). They don't get ugly or angry necessarily, so outside observers (including on video) might not see/hear it, but it's enough that if you're playing with them, it can be off-putting. Or disappointing, depending on your expectations.

The worst of it, IMO, is when they are quick to put the blame for their "poor" play on anything but themselves. It's always a tree or limb that shouldn't be there, or a tee or basket or OB line that's in a "stupid" or "wrong" place, or a gust of wind only they can feel, or a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil right in the middle of their backswing.

It really isn't behavior exclusive to those players. I've played with plenty of weekend warrior hacks that act similarly. It's just less annoying or noteworthy coming from someone you're beating by 6-7 throws on the round than someone who's primary concern is that they're *only* beating you by 2 instead of 8.

i was in the wrong, my bad.

I've met Philo in person and he is indeed awesome, but at the same time he only made 17k from pdga tournaments in 2018, that number should concern any pro disc golfer trying to make a living doing what they love. I certainly hope his (new, updated?) sponsorship is one that includes a steady paycheck because he soooo deserves it. But at the same time...he also needs to dial in some big wins in 2019 for sure. If you ever get a chance to see him throw in person... mid range glide...for days. wow...

The worst of it, IMO, is when they are quick to put the blame for their "poor" play on anything but themselves. It's always a tree or limb that shouldn't be there, or a tee or basket or OB line that's in a "stupid" or "wrong" place, or a gust of wind only they can feel, or a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil right in the middle of their backswing.

Yea that was pretty much exactly it. It was not a 100% normal event so I do understand where he was coming from a little but still not the best experience.

he also only threw one thumber all day!

I played a round with Dollar earlier this year. I was a pretty big fan of him before the round. During and after not quite as much.

I hate to hear that. I admit I have only met him in passing and have had next to no personal interaction with him, but have never heard bad things about him. As is often the case though, people can have on public image face and only show their true selves on occasion. I hope your interaction with him was a one off, but I will never be surprised when a public figure, even if this is only disc golf public, turns out to be something quite different than they portray.

I played a round with Dollar earlier this year. I was a pretty big fan of him before the round. During and after not quite as much.

i said this on the mvp thread and everyone thought i was full of shiiiitttee

i played a round with him and im surprised anyone agrees to throw with him let alone film him

wrong place wrong time for me

my mistake....

I throw a lot of rounds with competitive people wear their heart on their sleeve. Awesome dudes otherwise.

Just the nature of some people when competing.

I'd rather deal with competive guy instead of the prodigy sponsored guy who tries to sell his stuff in the middle of a hole in a c tier tournament. At the same time my non sponsored plastic was out throwing his sponsored plastic.

Latest posts