• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Could be because people go through BT Harps faster than ESP, Ti or Z FLX Zones.

And, because Harps in Bt Hard plastic are awesome! :)

BT Hard Harps are indeed awesome, but my TP Harp has done very well for me, and is a bit more durable than BT. The main difference between the two is that TP Harps tend to skip and slide a bit more than the BT Hard Harps...

Yes discraft didn't have a AVIAR or Destroyer. . .so they made him one

Innova don't have anything like a Dagger or Harp. . Will they make one for Ricky?

This makes me laugh. The Dagger was designed in consultation with Feldberg who was seeking to have a Lat64 equivalent to.......the KC/big bead Aviar. Which is what Ricky was putting with when he was last with Innova and continued to putt with for a while when he was with Prodigy.

I do agree that Innova lacks a Harp equivalent. The Rat is fairly close though. Wouldn't surprise me to see Rick bag it, especially if they make it in something other than Star (since he bagged BT Hard Harps).

I don't think Innova needs to make a disc to make Ricky happy. Not that they wouldn't do it, but I doubt very much that it is a condition of his signing. Frankly, I doubt that McBeth had a ton of input on Discraft's new releases either. Sure his signature is going on them, but the process of creating a disc, particularly for it to be in production and for sale this soon, is long enough that these discs were in the works before McBeth and Discraft was anything close to a sure thing.

Just couldn't help yourself could you?

I don't push it upon anyone. Relating my experience about being vegan in response to a comment about vegans not eating BBQ is not the same thing by a long shot.

My sauce recipe clearly states it's good on a variety of meats. Everyone is free to eat what they want to eat. My choice has nothing to do with yours.

As a Southerner, I get irrationally upset whenever anyone describes BBQing as grilling. That isn't BBQ, that's just grilling. BBQ is smoking/slow cooking meat.

I wonder what's a more contentious question,, what is par or what is BBQ?

I will also add that I'm a staunch Harp thrower. I've checked out Zones several times in shops and they just feel funny to me. The Harp has that little wing extension at the bottom, while the Zone just ends. Makes for a different feel.

Last edited:
I do agree that Innova lacks a Harp equivalent. The Rat is fairly close though. Wouldn't surprise me to see Rick bag it, especially if they make it in something other than Star (since he bagged BT Hard Harps).

The AviarX3 is very close to the Harp, with the AvX3 being unbeaded and the Harp beaded. Their flights are extremely similar.

Wysocki might try the Bullfrog as a Harp replacement, and he might go for the Rat, as you suggest. I'm more curious about what his putting putt will be.

As a Southerner, I get irrationally upset whenever anyone describes BBQing as grilling. That isn't BBQ, that's just grilling. BBQ is smoking/slow cooking meat.

I wonder what's a more contentious question,, what is par or what is BBQ?

I will also add that I'm a staunch Harp thrower. I've checked out Zones several times in shops and they just feel funny to me. The Harp has that little wing extension at the bottom, while the Zone just ends. Makes for a different feel.

In the North, "barbecue" is a verb. They "barbecue" hamburgers.

In the South, where we know how to tawk :D, "barbecue" (or "barbeque") is a noun, and requires some kind of sauce. :popcorn:

Frankly, I doubt that McBeth had a ton of input on Discraft's new releases either. Sure his signature is going on them, but the process of creating a disc, particularly for it to be in production and for sale this soon, is long enough that these discs were in the works before McBeth and Discraft was anything close to a sure thing.

He had a picture of all the prototypes of the LUNA he had tested before he was satisfied.

And it was quite a few different moulds and plastics

He had this to say.

"First off thank you EVERYONE for the support of Discraft and The Luna. The Luna is my first ever branded disc with the goal of many more. The creation of the Luna was a not a easy process, @discraftdiscgolf and I had many other configuration before we both felt completely satisfied. (Every two putters is a different mold or plastic) The feedback has been a very positive one and I'm excited to continue this process into future projects! Again thank you and be sure to keep the feedback coming, your opinions matter. "

Nate Perkins just posted on Instagram that he is signed through 2020 with disc mania. I think we'll see a lot more of him in the next two years

I seem to be seeing more media from him too. Makes me even more inclined to think there is a media clause in current DM contracts. I dont think the Simon surge in Youtube is just a coincidence.

Hannah McBeth is signed up for quite a lot of events . . . is she still with Discmania, she wears Discmania clothes but i cant see her name on Discmanias teampage ( or any other team )