• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Would be fun if Discraft signed a top FPO player for 2020. . .but i don´t think PP will leave DD. . .or Cat leave Prodigy ( but she has a Discraft boyfriend..but also some Discraft ex, hard to see Paul and Paul sign Cat ) . . .so how could they get? maybe Henna but hard to get her to tour in the US

I don't see Cat leaving Prodigy... unless Prodigy goes under or can't financially support their pros. Not saying that will happen, either. As to where Cat would go, my guess would be Innova.

Would be fun if Discraft signed a top FPO player for 2020. . .but i don´t think PP will leave DD. . .or Cat leave Prodigy ( but she has a Discraft boyfriend..but also some Discraft ex, hard to see Paul and Paul sign Cat ) . . .so how could they get? maybe Henna but hard to get her to tour in the US

I would say it's basically not happening for Paige and Cat to discraft.

Paige and DD won't ever separate and Cat's ex-husband (Uli) is running the team for Discraft. Not a good combo.

I would say it's basically not happening for Paige and Cat to discraft.

Paige and DD won't ever separate and Cat's ex-husband (Uli) is running the team for Discraft. Not a good combo.

A agree, but I would had said the same for Paul last year..NEVER thought he would leave Innova...so even though I can't see Paige ever leave DD ....it's hard to be sure

Both Paige and Cat are former Discraft Pros, so they would have some familiarity with the brand, family, product, etc.

Would that open the door to Discraft potentially pulling them back into the fold? Maybe. Maybe not. It may not hurt Discraft's chances in the event that one of them were looking to move, but I doubt it would entice them to begin looking.

Both Paige and Cat are former Discraft Pros, so they would have some familiarity with the brand, family, product, etc.

Would that open the door to Discraft potentially pulling them back into the fold? Maybe. Maybe not. It may not hurt Discraft's chances in the event that one of them were looking to move, but I doubt it would entice them to begin looking.

What it does is make it should one leave Dynamic Disc or want to when contract is up then Discraft might pursue them with the starting notion do you still have your old Discraft discs? Most pro players keep discs from the old brands unless they really wanted a specific company to sponsor them.

I'd love to see PP back with DC. More Ti Stalkers hopefully.

I think DD is like a family of sorts for PP, much more so than Innova ever was for Paul. . .so i don´t think we will see her leave. .

Well Paul never got to help design discs or the like with Innova, something he has wanted to do is be more hands on. Also hard to be a close family brand for Innova when the brand is the biggest of the Disc Golf manufactures and making discs for 3 other companies the year you start thinking about leaving Innova. I know with other brands they might be making 2 other brands but they are not like Innova being big enough that the brand can not exist as a really close family. Climo only had that because he had started with Innova in the mid 1990's when the brand was on par with Discraft as to how big they were. Now Innova with its push to get into places like Walmart's, Dicks Sporting goods, and That other big box athletic store you see that Innova in staring in late 2000's ended up on top even though the Innova brand was headed that way anyhow getting Ching in 1990's and then Millennium in 1999. Best the second brand at the time in 2000's had was Discraft with eventual side brand DGA when either Steady Ed died or sold the brand in early 2000's.

I think DD is like a family of sorts for PP, much more so than Innova ever was for Paul. . .so i don´t think we will see her leave. .
Totally agree with this, especially after what PP went through with Prodigy.

Exactly.

419238-20;1559318370t.jpg

Last edited:

DD was family for Paige when she was with Discraft. She toured with EMac back then. I get the impression that she didn't realize what she was giving up when she went to Prodigy, perhaps because DD as a manufacturer wasn't much of a reality until after she left.

I don't think any manufacturer is really out to lure top FPO players on to their teams at this point. The 3-4 most significant sponsor changes in the FPO division over the last few years have struck me more as the women looking to move on from their old sponsor rather than being lured away by a Godfather offer (i.e. "an offer she can't refuse"). Val left Innova before she had anything new locked up. Same for Elaine and Discraft. Paige wasn't really shopping herself, she left Prodigy to go to DD because that's where she wanted to be regardless of what they offered (but they do take very good care of her). Maybe Hokom to MVP was a lure deal, but it's not like Legacy was in a position to match even a modest offer from someone else.

Just my opinion but, I don't think Catrina Allen has left Prodigy yet, simply because she hasn't had any better offers. She's made some big strides the past year or so with her social media presence. She appears to be much happier overall. At 34 I can't help wonder if there's some self pressure to make some big things happen now, in hopes of attracting a better sponsorship deal. Winning Worlds could be the spark that ignites some serious new offers.

No doubt that Cat is very good at Discgolf . . but does she sell discs?

The "popularity vs skill" factor is interesting in sports

Seems like most pros are "locked in" a contract so will we see any movement at all for 2020?

No doubt that Cat is very good at Discgolf . . but does she sell discs?
The "popularity vs skill" factor is interesting in sports

For sure and that's what I was leaning at with Cat. There was some dark social times for Cat which I think caused her to be a bit behind the times in regards to building her social presence for business purposes. Again..win worlds, stay positive, BIG things for her could still happen.

For sure and that's what I was leaning at with Cat. There was some dark social times for Cat which I think caused her to be a bit behind the times in regards to building her social presence for business purposes. Again..win worlds, stay positive, BIG things for her could still happen.

I´m not really sure what happened between Cat and Uli or what started the Cat and Paige thing . . .but i can be easy to get on the "wrong side of popularity " . . and hard to turn that around.

I think she is a great player but it sometimes "bug me" that she looks mad and like she hates to be on the Course. . but then again you can say the same thing about Paul. . . .not everybody can be like Simon or Koling

I´m not really sure what happened between Cat and Uli or what started the Cat and Paige thing . . .but i can be easy to get on the "wrong side of popularity " . . and hard to turn that around.

I think she is a great player but it sometimes "bug me" that she looks mad and like she hates to be on the Course. . but then again you can say the same thing about Paul. . . .not everybody can be like Simon or Koling

Catrina and Uli divorced, and the resolution of that coincided with her being happier the last few months. She and Paige P are each other's biggest competitors, and that sometimes spills over, like some of the McBeth/Wysocki clashes in the past. Stuff happens.

And pursuant to some other comments above, if Catrina wanted to change companies, she would. Innova would be glad to have her, as would Discraft (even with Uli there). Catrina is a "name" in DG, as is Paige P and Paul McB, et. al. So I believe she's at Prodigy because she wants to be. As to Prodigy's solvency, that's another issue....

Latest posts