• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Congrats to Paul!

While I am no 1000+ rated disc golf champ, I know these kind of changes in life are exciting and nervous. I am sure at some level it may be bittersweet. Then again, not knowing the particulars, it may be a relief. I hope he continues to do well for himself and his family.

So will this be the death of the Roc3 then? Whos gunna get the destroyer now. Whos gunna get the thundebird. Barsby might have just won worlds at the best time.

Think I might have a quick jaunt over to Academy and both PIAS stores soon and see if they have any 4x Destroyers around. May be a good time to hoard.

So will this be the death of the Roc3 then? Whos gunna get the destroyer now. Whos gunna get the thundebird. Barsby might have just won worlds at the best time.

I bet a lot of those signature discs just remain nameless. Barsby will get his one disc, and Innova will just pocket the money they would normally give up.

if macbeth goes to discraft he better keep his grimey hands off the wasp i suspect he could ruin this secret for some of us

those that already know know and those that dont dont for a reason

The wasp is a fine disc, the plastic types just suck.

Innova has been know for their April fools day posts. Anybody think that this is just a Halloween Trick post?

My thought is that nobody really does those so it would be kind of a gamble to do especially with this kind of content. Usually the April Fools stuff is also pretty obvious and product stuff. Perhaps they should have paid more attention to the date they announced this though.
-----------

Does anybody else think that McBeth just going to Discraft is a little too boring?

Does this just make him look less credible, since he's been "Innova for life" and made so many comments about "If it wasn't for Innova, [he] wouldn't be in the game" -- he's had genuine praise of them for years (his whole career) and now he's not going to be with them. That makes this next relationship questionable. At the very least his move would need to be with a company that is innovating the sport; or the move itself needs to be innovative. The idea of him signing with an outside company that has some sort of ideal of being his sole sponsor intrigues me. Or an Adidas signing (they wouldn't give him enough money to keep him on before, perhaps because they weren't getting enough promotion from him, but if they were sole sponsor of the biggest name in the sport...) AND if it was with Adidas which is tied-in with Innova then it's more credible for Paul (less appearance of him going back on his good word about the company).

If he just moves to Discraft I'm going to be pretty disappointed. If he moves to another company like DD or MVP then I'm going to be less disappointed but still underwhelmed. This is Paul, I have a feeling it's going to be bigger than the run-of-the-mill team switches we normally see.

if macbeth goes to discraft he better keep his grimey hands off the wasp i suspect he could ruin this secret for some of us

Doesn't he throw Roc3's? Wouldn't that be more like a Buzzz?

My thing is going to be that Discraft will have to come up with a new plastic type just for McBeth since they have nothing that can compete with KC/McPro

Wouldn't a cyclable plastic Wasp make you happy?

Latest posts