• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Like it's been said before... Paul is definitely going to Discraft. I don't know the details, but Ian has said the money is more than anyone has really guessed so far. I personally think Discraft offered some sort of retirement plan/benefits through them. As a guy who's got to look at his future as a disc golfer, he knows he can't retire on what he has right now. He'll need a "job" or a retirement plan going forward. Maybe Discraft had the better long term plan for him and his family.

BTW - I think Innova is smart to get KJ. The maturity and focus under pressure that he showed was pretty amazing. I think we'll see more of him at the top than Paul next year. He is the future.

LA picked up Zlatan Ibrahimovic last year, a great but aging European soccer player. He took them nowhere, despite some great play and heroics. Paul will do some fun things for DC, but this won't pan out the way they want it too. There's a reason why dominant teams don't hire the guys on the downside, it doesn't pay. I like Paul, but he's level at best, and likely to be going down going forward. I suspect this will simply tarnish his image long term.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? He's coming into his athletic peak in a sport where the mental game and experience is a huge part. He's going into the best years of his Disc Golf life.

I hope Paul puts your quote on his wall. He is not old by any means. This sport you can be good and compete for titles well into your thirties. John E is playing elite at almost 50. Mcbeth can get better, with Discraft he will have to practice even more to get good at what he does. This will inspire him to get better not worse imo. I wish he was still with Innova though, Kevin Jones would be a very solid consolation prize for him if it were to happen.

Yeah, and is JohnE the draw that Paul is? Does he grab the headlines and the attention that Paul did? It isn't about winning, it's about winning big enough to pull the attention away from other players, to you. I can't see Paul doing that again. But maybe. I remind you, Paul has been hurt twice in the past couple of years. That starts when you get older. The drag gets worse, as does the road. Add to that, he has to rebuild his game in a new set of plastic. That isn't huge, unless the agreement is that he is getting his own discs. That is going to be tough to do in an offseason, or even in a year, or two.

I see this all the time. Let's call it the Tesla conundrum. We are going to put out solar roofs, a $35,000 dollar vehicle, and maintain everything else we are doing. Did we mention the vacuum tube train? The more complex it all is, the more likely it is he will run into hiccups. He'd be better off doing the Rico thing than going to DC. Use his name and standing to build his own company and show up at enough events to market, IMO.

The one thing of interest to me is the timing of the announcement: 31 October is slightly early for announcements, and leads me to believe that there's some major shifting happening in the next few weeks.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? He's coming into his athletic peak in a sport where the mental game and experience is a huge part. He's going into the best years of his Disc Golf life.

Agree, barring injury. Which, considering McBeth's history of back problems, is no small concern.

From my experience traveling the country for work and moving from Indiana to Tennessee, popularity among brands is regionally based. In the Midwest you will find a lot of Discraft throwers and rarely any Prodigy. Move down to Tennessee and Prodigy has Schusterick, Dickerson, and Joey Lutz sponsored and the brand is hugely popular. I get ripped on for throwing Discraft in Tennessee and people in Indiana seem to have no idea what a D1 does vs. a D7.
If you think Prodigy is barely keeping their head above water, go down south and look at all those awful, faded green, wall of chains that Prodigy keeps installing all over the place. People actually say they like the baskets... woof.

Agree, barring injury. Which, considering McBeth's history of back problems, is no small concern.

jessus, people are going to bring this up now? Wait, of course they are. Anything to try and downplay his move. :\:\

I'm pretty sure he went through an entire season without having any real back issues. And if he did, he's still better than almost everyone

Dave Dunipace needs to start pumping out more "ask Dave" youtube videos. Become the face of the brand again. Maybe even a Dunipace Destroyer??? Davestroyer even.

I had to talk Dave into that concept. He wasn't on board at first. He's never really been the face of the company, that was Tim Selinske. Dave is the mad scientist. He's very intelligent, and very unafraid to let you know when you're saying something stupid.

I am surprised that Jonathan Poole didn't announce this, he's the closest thing Innova has to an official face of the company (excluding team players, meaning "corporate")

I wonder if Hannah will leave Discmania for DGA now.

Hannah went from Discmania to Innova this time last year.

Barsby doesn't throw Destro; he's a Boss guy.
Avery is Discmania now.

Avery is still sponsored by Innova, and I don't think he has any intention of ever leaving. He still has the Star Teebird.

Pauls Instagram. 83.6k followers on and just 92 posts.

He has deleted posts. Not that it takes anything away from the follower count, but it's not an accurate ratio.

Like it's been said before... Paul is definitely going to Discraft. I don't know the details, but Ian has said the money is more than anyone has really guessed so far. I personally think Discraft offered some sort of retirement plan/benefits through them. As a guy who's got to look at his future as a disc golfer, he knows he can't retire on what he has right now. He'll need a "job" or a retirement plan going forward. Maybe Discraft had the better long term plan for him and his family.

Nope.

So I'm guessing you guys are hiding the pre-McBeth Forces to slowly trickle them out in a few years with markup?

Latest posts