• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I am not saying he is right or wrong. I am just saying that Discraft isn't sharing that info with their team yet. He could have other reliable sources or unreliable?

This is actually false. Discraft generally shares this kind of information with select team members who have been around for a long time to get their perspective and opinion. Discraft prides themselves on being a family company.

Spicy thread

I may or may not have inside info on the Lloyd Weema negotiations. I was told that he was ready to sign with Innova, then McBeth got wind and was ready to jump ship. I'm talking a pen stroke away from Weema Destroyers.

I was skeptical on McBeth to DC, but if you're McBeth and they try bringing in another superstar, what do you do???

1. Exactly. Innova should concentrate on the molds in the 6-10 that destroy any other manufacturers line up. Not sure McBeth moves the needle to the tune of 1 million plus $8 a disc; up from probably around $4 which has been mentioned multiple times.

Innova might be completely caught off guard with cash stuck in inventory or the molds and manufacturing costs of the like 30 11-14 speed discs they have launched in the past 5 years. That would make them unable to match a large cash offer.

2. I bid on and ran an am worlds, play all over the country, watch this site from time to time. This thread was literally the first time I can remember seeing the name Andrew Fish.

I mean besides Tim and Austin, do any of the Elite team even play anymore?

Not sure I agree with concentrating on the Speed 6-10. As an experienced player, those are my bread and butter, but new players like speed!

Fish is a good player and (presumably) a good dude. Nothing against him, but I consider him a part-time disc golfer compared to regular touring pros...

Two top 20 finishes at Worlds in the last two years is kind of noticeable. Also played on first round world cards on CCDG with McBeth in 2015 and 2018.

But he doesn't tour a lot nor play a lot of NT events, so he does not get a lot of attention outside of MD,VA, DE and PA.

Also I don't see Corey Ellis anywhere on the Discraft site. I think we can all agree that their website needs a bit of work.

It is kind of noticeable, but not front page news BECAUSE he doesn't regularly travel outside the NE. If he did, I'm sure he'd get more attention.
FYI: Fish is not even Top 50 for DGPT Standings...

How would you feel if you were on the team and not mentioned anywhere on the website? How about if you were a player that finished in the top 20 at the past two Worlds?

This is something you take 10 minutes to do, because it is silly not to do it. Hard to imagine that pros don't notice this stuff. What has discraft done to prove they can market someone and help them become a star, or a bigger star?

I love discraft's products. But I remain highly skeptical McBeth would jump ship to them.

I suppose I would feel ignored. That said, I'm not in the room with Andrew & Discraft Execs, during those conversations. So, I can't speculate as to the root cause of our current state. If I were in the room (representing marketing) I would probably assure Andrew that the off-season is upon us and his name will be in the new site come Springtime. NOt sure why the new marketing person needs to atone for past discrepancies, but I'm willing to listen...

I don't know enough about Discraft's business plan to determine whether I love the company or just their products. That said since I DON'T know that stuff, their products have earned them the benefit of the doubt until we have evidence to the contrary...

Seems like most social media/ keyboard warriors prefer to skip that pesky little part about evidence...
*To be clear, I think there is better than 95% chance Mr. McBeth is still with Innova next Spring.

This is actually false. Discraft generally shares this kind of information with select team members who have been around for a long time to get their perspective and opinion. Discraft prides themselves on being a family company.

Now to be fair, I don't know how long Robert has been around so I can't necessarily say who he got his information from :)

If you've been on here long enough, that's just his MO.

He needs everyone to know how cool he is.

I live in the Triangle area of NC, as does he. So I've seen Mr. Leonard's work up close and personal. Have no issue with him, but I know he has run his mouth at times (as I am wont to do as well). That's actually why I believe him. He knows how freaking dumb he'll look if he's wrong. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Understand if others won't.

I made $100,000 bet comment in sarcasm. It was meant to be a joke and an amount of money that was meant to show I was joking.

I often forget that sarcasm doesn't work online.

For the record, I'm not confirming or denying the rumors of Paul joining Discraft. The fact that I'm on the PDGA DC is 100% irrelevant to the conversation and the fact I'm sponsored by discraft is merely a coincidence.

I truly hope they are true as Paul is an amazing talent and even better person. But I truly don't know.

I live in the Triangle area of NC, as does he. So I've seen Mr. Leonard's work up close and personal. Have no issue with him, but I know he has run his mouth at times (as I am wont to do as well). That's actually why I believe him. He knows how freaking dumb he'll look if he's wrong. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Understand if others won't.

I made $100,000 bet comment in sarcasm. It was meant to be a joke and an amount of money that was meant to show I was joking.

I often forget that sarcasm doesn't work online.

For the record, I'm not confirming or denying the rumors of Paul joining Discraft. The fact that I'm on the PDGA DC is 100% irrelevant to the conversation and the fact I'm sponsored by discraft is merely a coincidence.

I truly hope they are true as Paul is an amazing talent and even better person. But I truly don't know.

Welp. Maybe I'm the chump. If only I'd waited 5 minutes.

Welp. Maybe I'm the chump. If only I'd waited 5 minutes.

you're only a chump if you believe his last post. He must've gotten called out or chastised as he is backpedaling fast now. He said it was a joke, but he had already locked in a bet? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Looking dumb no longer seems to have any consequences, we have a president who says dumb things every day. So Leonard could just come up with some lame excuse and pass the blame.

I was turned off by Leonard the first time I heard him open his mouth, and he's a spokesman for Discraft? Rather sad.

This confuses me. I could use some education here. In the game of ultimate, there's one disc in play for both teams, right? How many discs can they sell? I suppose every player has a small stack of discs for throwing practice or the like, but can this compare to the hoarding habits of disc golfers?

I stopped playing ultimate 10 years ago, and I still have 10 discs from those days. When I was running a co-ed rec league each participant got a league disc, in the same way we get tourney plastic. If I liked the tourney disc at any tournament, I'd buy it as well. If you play long enough, you're going to end up hoarding plastic (3 seasonal leagues, maybe four, and a regional tournaments every weekend).

Also, given that the Ultrastar requires 1 mold design and 1 type of plastic, the overhead has to be significantly less.

And I know my cousin's son is learning/playing ultimate in PE class. There's a market there as well.

Ultimately, I just want the rumor to be true. It would be so great. So interesting for those of us that follow the pro tour closely. Jordan going to play baseball. LeBron taking his talents to South Beach. On a slightly (sarcasm!) smaller scale.

Yep, apparently a million dollar contract for McBeth on Discraft.

Everyone is very sure of it on the FB.

If true, wonder how his new Discraft teammates would feel about that?

I love how it's an even million. That tells me how credible the rumor is.

Latest posts