• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Dave Dunipace needs to start pumping out more "ask Dave" youtube videos. Become the face of the brand again. Maybe even a Dunipace Destroyer??? Davestroyer even.

Pisc McBethcraft - for sure - can't wait to see whats in his bag - I assume he'll carry 1-2 Buzzzes and 1-2 Wasps - 1 Buzzz OS - then a bunch of Undertakers n Vultures , Crank and Force - pretty much it haha

So will Innova take Paul´s name of all his disc? And if they keep his name will he keep geting paid for the sales?

I assume that for stock-run signature stamps like the Destroyer, they know exactly how many they have and probably can pay the player his/her share well before the discs actually move off the warehouse shelves. Then they can re-coup the costs when they do sell the discs.

I mean, it's not like this would be the first time a player with a signature on a stock run has left the company (Feldberg/Boss). They'll sell out the stock that has the stamp and any new discs will get a new, non-signature stamp.

It certainly gives Innova some cash to spend.

Who did the internet decide was moving to Innova again?

I've read that Paul said he'd never bring representation to negotiations with Innova. Maybe that changed? Paul will be fine without Innova, and I'm all for the player doing what they think is in their best interest. Innova got the best of their deal with Paul and perhaps he wised up to that.

Which also means he might not have left for more money. Money is one form of showing value and the most common one when it comes to athletic contracts, but a person's self-valuation would go beyond money.

Or maybe he did leave for more money. He's nearing his athletic apex if not having already passed it. Could see a competitor overpaying, at least as defined by Innova/Dave D.

preeeetty sure it was for more money...

I've read that Paul said he'd never bring representation to negotiations with Innova. Maybe that changed? Paul will be fine without Innova, and I'm all for the player doing what they think is in their best interest. Innova got the best of their deal with Paul and perhaps he wised up to that.

Which also means he might not have left for more money. Money is one form of showing value and the most common one when it comes to athletic contracts, but a person's self-valuation would go beyond money.

Or maybe he did leave for more money. He's nearing his athletic apex if not having already passed it. Could see a competitor overpaying, at least as defined by Innova/Dave D.

Confirmed from an Elite Team member via Facebook PM. It's Discraft. Not saying names in case he's not supposed to say.

Last edited:
Dave Dunipace needs to start pumping out more "ask Dave" youtube videos. Become the face of the brand again. Maybe even a Dunipace Destroyer??? Davestroyer even.

The ask Dave thread was the best thing on the old pdga bored....besides the MRV thread.

Since this is the speculation thread, how about a real Halloween shocker that Paul is leaving touring completely and perhaps turning to his love of nature, say joining the U.S. Forestry Service at an outpost in Montana or perhaps starting a chain of McBeast, all-carnivore restaurants?

McBeast Fried Fowl, all that's on the menu is birdies, eagles, and turkeys.

But for real I'm surprised this actually happened. Paul seems to pick up discs and put them in the bag real quick, obviously he keeps cycles if he doesn't lose something. So I doubt the plastic change to whatever it is will matter all that much to him. It'll matter more to those who care about certain stamps.

Everyone pick up those first runs of 4x Destroyers...totally not bricks for anyone <450'. They're the good ones!

Ian (royalhghnss) is in the r/discgolf thread confirming that it's discraft and that he's known since early September. He's pretty tight with Paul so that seems pretty concrete to me.

Latest posts