• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

The converse is true as well, I've read some negative stuff about some guys that could not have been nicer to be around.

These are the ones I would rather hear about. No need to throw shade at the crappy ones, even if it is true. But I assume the pros that get a bad reputation that are actually great would not mind you putting that out there.

I know I don't judge how someone acts if they slap their leg, curse on occasion, or such things. Not saying I am proud of it, but I do it too sometimes. Some people just do better by showing/venting their emotions and getting past it instead of bottling it up. I have never directed it at another player and I would certainly call that a red line. It is especially hard if the player has come up playing where they could go off to themselves for a second and vent, but now that they are being filmed, they don't have that option.

I judge a player by how they treat other players, media, fans, and people in general. A little temper tantrum does not make you a bad person and keeping your cool does make you a good one.

Come on man. I am so sick of these thread drift posts. Don't you know this is the place to discuss sodas, archery, plastic injection processes, and which is the best Sailor Moon character. Who cares who disc golf pros are sponsored by.

Troof.

You tried to throw us off with the masculine pronouns but I see through the deception. I've always suspected that Paige Bjerkaas was a monster. :|

You are thinking about the distance that her drives get, compared to yours. ;)

If he was going to play VPO he would have been signed up by now, don't ya think? Lately he has taken November and December off and then plays Wintertime at Oak Grove...

He's in town signing autographs, practicing at a course near by the VPO. All signs point to him making a last minute entry. We'll see.....

It's funny, some people are really not that fun to film (always complaining, always bumming, etc..) My absolute least favorite, I always see comments online about people loving him/ he's their fav pro. I'm like man, if you only followed him for a round you wouldn't feel that way. The converse is true as well, I've read some negative stuff about some guys that could not have been nicer to be around.

Pretty sure I know who Ian is referring to here. Followed him a few rounds now, most recently at Ledgestone. On the last hole I'll bet he put eight F bombs in one sentence. And of course, took anywhere from 35 to 50 seconds to pull the trigger on a putt.

Pretty sure I know who Ian is referring to here. Followed him a few rounds now, most recently at Ledgestone. On the last hole I'll bet he put eight F bombs in one sentence. And of course, took anywhere from 35 to 50 seconds to pull the trigger on a putt.

whoah...who is it? What's the big deal with mentioning the player's name? PM me and I'll post it if you don't want the social bread crumb trail.

It's funny, some people are really not that fun to film (always complaining, always bumming, etc..) My absolute least favorite, I always see comments online about people loving him/ he's their fav pro. I'm like man, if you only followed him for a round you wouldn't feel that way.

You mean Philo, right?

Maybe he will wear a mask and sign up like a mystery knight.

bud-light-ftrjpg_avx9hzwk834517u5mb0pfadlu.jpg

(...talking about a Prodigy Proto driver, a D2)

https://i.imgur.com/qKTcQsK.png

Zach was with Prodigy a few years ago before Lat took a bunch of people. From what I hear and like I said who knows how far back in this thread, Lat is downsizing their roster for sure and cutting bonuses and perks for their sponsored players. I don't know Zach personally (he came to my event a few years ago and he was a super nice dude), so I can't speculate what he's gonna do but it would be nice to have him back on the squad.

Is DD/trilogy going for a way different marketing/sponsorship approach? Without Ricky they will be lucky to have anyone on lead card video coverage. The only big name rumored to them is jones.

Only thing that makes me think Philo is the time it took to putt. But I met him this year down at USDGC and he couldn't have been a nicer, more humble person. If that is who you are referring to, it could be one of those things where the competitor and the person are very different. But I hope it's not him, lol.

Latest posts