• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

One of the pros said that two years ago when Sexton won. I forget who. Prolly someone without a sidearm.

There's definitely an advantage there. And I think the days of players without at least a competent sidearm-who aren't also named James Conrad-winning this tourney are about over.

Kevin Jones has been working on his all year. Wouldn't be surprised if he won considering he got 3rd last year without one.

Didn;t Michel J From Discraft get third the year that Nat Sexton won?

The other nickname of the tournament is, Rule Tester Tournament, was that for years. Is this still the case? I forget.

Didn;t Michel J From Discraft get third the year that Nat Sexton won?

The other nickname of the tournament is, Rule Tester Tournament, was that for years. Is this still the case? I forget.

If only there was some way to find records of past events somewhere instead of trying to rely on faulty memory and guessing. :wall:

In 2017, the top 5 were Sexton, Wysocki, McBeth, Brathwaite, Barsby. Michael Johansen finished T28. His career best USDGC finish was 4th in 2016.

If only there was some way to find records of past events somewhere instead of trying to rely on faulty memory and guessing.

In 2017, the top 5 were Sexton, Wysocki, McBeth, Brathwaite, Barsby. Michael Johansen finished T28. His career best USDGC finish was 4th in 2016.

Oh right, I forgot the year. I was off one and by one on the score. I was rooting for MJ that year. :doh:

One of the pros said that two years ago when Sexton won. I forget who. Prolly someone without a sidearm.

There's definitely an advantage there. And I think the days of players without at least a competent sidearm-who aren't also named James Conrad-winning this tourney are about over.

Kevin Jones has been working on his all year. Wouldn't be surprised if he won considering he got 3rd last year without one.

Well...since kjusa has been a name worth watching ive seen him throwing forehands....pretty sure he has always thrown them. Also his performance is trending is in the very wrong direction. Personally...anyone not name Paul McBeth winning would surprise the #$@* out of me.

I may be able to attend this year. Anyone know if non-Innova manufacturers will be vending or is it strictly Innova there?

For the last few years, it's been an Innova show, at least as far as discs go.
I've seen some other folks, but fairly minor vendors. (DUDE, physical thrapists, artists, etc)
No real FlyMart or anything since ~2014(?).
The Winthrop clubhouse always has some limited runs, special runs and usually some hard-to-find stuff.
I've seen some Legacy, Millennium, Discmania and Hyzerbomb discs in the clubhouse, but you won't find Discraft or Trilogy, etc.

I've seen some other folks, but fairly minor vendors. (DUDE, physical thrapists, artists, etc)
The Winthrop clubhouse always has some limited runs, special runs and usually some hard-to-find stuff.
I've seen some Legacy, Millennium, Discmania and Hyzerbomb discs in the clubhouse, but you won't find Discraft or Trilogy, etc.

Damn Michiganists.

I may be able to attend this year. Anyone know if non-Innova manufacturers will be vending or is it strictly Innova there?
Some of my stamp guild buddies (Skeet Scienski, Manuel Trujillo, Benjamin Hopwood, Levi Whitpan) and I were there selling some of our custom stamps last year. Does that count? :)

I'll be there again this year but I don't think illl have a table. If I did it would have mostly BirdieFuel since most of my stamp work is through DGU and will be in the pro shop anyway. I might get some BirdieFuel in the pro shop, we'll see.

Discmania was the only manufacturer I remember selling discs outside the pro shop last year; they had a pretty big selection. Nowhere near what the pro shop had, of course, but decent. Now that Discmania sells two additional disc lines, I doubt they will have a similar booth this year.

Does anyone know if there are day(s) a chump like myself would be able play the course with everything set like it will be for the tournament? If there is a time that ams can play the tournament layout without being in the way I'd be interested in playing a round. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are day(s) a chump like myself would be able play the course with everything set like it will be for the tournament? If there is a time that ams can play the tournament layout without being in the way I'd be interested in playing a round. Thanks!

Verify these details before planning your trip, but....

In addition to Spectator Appreciation Day (or whatever it's called), described above....

USDGC Doubles is the weekend before, Friday at Winthrop, Saturday (or Sat. & Sun.) at Canaan.

Which means the week before that, as they're setting up the course, you can probably play. I know I did that, a couple of years ago, playing on a weekday when all the ropes had been put out.

You might be able to play that weekend (28th-29th), while the doubles are at Canaan, assuming the Pros haven't already shown up and have the course reserved for practice.

Discmania was the only manufacturer I remember selling discs outside the pro shop last year; they had a pretty big selection. Nowhere near what the pro shop had, of course, but decent. Now that Discmania sells two additional disc lines, I doubt they will have a similar booth this year.

edit delete

How about Infinite line? those are made by Innova as well. Legacy? those are not made by Innova at least to my knowlage so that is cool.

Verify these details before planning your trip, but....

In addition to Spectator Appreciation Day (or whatever it's called), described above....

USDGC Doubles is the weekend before, Friday at Winthrop, Saturday (or Sat. & Sun.) at Canaan.

Which means the week before that, as they're setting up the course, you can probably play. I know I did that, a couple of years ago, playing on a weekday when all the ropes had been put out.

You might be able to play that weekend (28th-29th), while the doubles are at Canaan, assuming the Pros haven't already shown up and have the course reserved for practice.

When you played on the weekday you mentioned was it crowded? I don't know if I can make the trip this year, but for future planning I'd love to play the tournament set-up without being "in the way". Thanks for the answers!...sounds like it's do-able, but to make sure and verify before making the trip.

When you played on the weekday you mentioned was it crowded? I don't know if I can make the trip this year, but for future planning I'd love to play the tournament set-up without being "in the way". Thanks for the answers!...sounds like it's do-able, but to make sure and verify before making the trip.

No, as I recall my group had the run of the place ourselves. I can't remember, but we may have gone in the morning, which would increase our odds.

In one of these threads, one of the USDGC workers posted that the course is almost set up now. Double-check that; you might have an even earlier and easier opportunity.

I'm really looking forward to this event. I already received my VIP pass. I know that a few days ago I made a post because I was upset about the media policy but that was petty of me. This year's usdgc will be amazing and Innova deserves our support.

I went out to Winthrop Gold yesterday and took some pictures of the new holes.

Attachments

• 2CCAA494-F973-4599-90B1-5774F81D4BC9.jpg
    2CCAA494-F973-4599-90B1-5774F81D4BC9.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 1045FA64-2FDB-44AD-88FB-D5F77FA9E360.jpg
    1045FA64-2FDB-44AD-88FB-D5F77FA9E360.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 18ADC6A9-9FD2-44D4-8A91-5144627E344C.jpg
    18ADC6A9-9FD2-44D4-8A91-5144627E344C.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts