• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Between contractor health insurance, university operating costs, and Innova's building of its own champ level course, I didn't know DGPT had so many economists on the boards.

As long as we are dreaming and budgeting and all that, Climo should design Innova's course so they can call it Champ's Course.

Am I the only one thoroughly impressed with Climo's commentary?

...Kid all you want about the smoker's voice, but he's almost got the soothing Morgan Freeman thing going on...

With his pregnant pauses and breathing, I think he sounds like Charlton Heston. :)

Am I the only one thoroughly impressed with Climo's commentary?

Kid all you want about the smoker's voice, but he's almost got the soothing Morgan Freeman thing going on. And just hearing his descriptions, you know the dude has played thousands of rounds so he's just not hyping shots to make the videos entertaining.

Maybe it's just because he was huge when I started playing, but dude could do commentary full time and I wouldn't complain one bit. Better than a lot of others out there.

Climo is doing a great job. I think he would balance out Terry Miller or Robert M well for live events In the future. Those two understand natural transitions between 2 commentators and when to toss in some banter.

No, but he sure looked happy today :)

attachment.php

Breaking news: "Preparation H" wants this footage for their next ad campaign! :rolleyes:

Between contractor health insurance, university operating costs, and Innova's building of its own champ level course, I didn't know DGPT had so many economists on the boards.

As long as we are dreaming and budgeting and all that, Climo should design Innova's course so they can call it Champ's Course.

It doesn't take an economist to find a publicly available budget.

I didn't see it, but it sounds a little bit like when Barry Schultz missed a putt at the memorial. It was about 10 or 15 years ago on hole 18. He punched his marker and hurt his hand. Had to withdraw.

Interesting to see how much Eagle hurt his hand/wrist when he pounded the ground on 16 after missing the putt. Word was he was flexing his wrist and trying to keep it loose on the final holes.

a.k.a. The U.S. Sidearm Championships

looking at the top 11 going into the final round....

5 players with an exceptional RHFH. (mcmahon, sexton, freeman, russell, koling)
2 players with an exceptional LHBH. (queen, clemons)

not to mention, they are chasing the best RHBH hyzer flipper in the game.

considering how the course has progressed the past 5 years, there may be some weight to this analysis...

Last edited:
...But if the sport continues to grow then there will have to come a time when the sport needs to move on to a more professional course. Throwing into artificial stakes, over parking lots, through a bunch of mando's, and into bamboo walls at the sport's premier event just cant look very respectable. This would be like a premier 'ball golf' event making the players putt through a bunch of croquet wickets before they could putt into the hole. Despite all of the downfalls of this course I still think that it creates a lot of drama that has been fun to watch... I'm curious about the statistics of how random players are placing in comparison to the rest of the events.

Yes, it has become the US Tiki Course Championships.

A Tiki Course Championship that you love to watch players fail or succeed at, but hate to watch the means and aesthetics by which they do so.

Last edited:
I'm curious why you think that 10$ is too much to pay for a quality product. The Live Coverage is pretty good and part of it goes to EDGE. I don't see a problem. Quality footage costs money to produce. Hell, it's less than you would pay for 1 disc......

Are you serious? I can get Netflix, HBO, or Hulu for an entire month at that price. Don't care what kind of quality it is. I can bet it's still a feed filled with ads half the time too . Still wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't

First 7 holes today:

2 birdies, 2 pars... bogey, dubogey and tribogey… Its amazing how bad he played this week after the year he's had.

Eagle broke his hand with that punch to the ground yesterday (maybe a boxer's fracture) but will tee off for the final round despite of it.

To see Eagle throw OB "on purpose" on hole 3 is just odd. .Drop Zone is so good that it´s ok o throw OB. .is that good hole design?

Sometimes things just get overlooked. Like the first year they had the event in Jonesboro when Simon was taking that crazy line over the fairway of another hole. They put up a mando to stop it between rounds...

Latest posts