• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Hah. You really want to make their heads spin tell them they're paying for the coverage twice - once with the PDGA membership and then again with the PPV charge lol.

That would probably be factually inaccurate. The PDGA does not control the media for this event. Innova is in total control.

MurderMike was trying to make the argument that if any money went from the PDGA to Innova and then Innova is paying the media companies that your dollars are being spent on coverage. The problem is that MM doesn't know if the PDGA is supporting this event at all financially, he is guessing.

I'm hoping they can fix some of the technical issues and show play on all the holes. Last year was kinda disappointing when there was movement on the scorecard but because of signal issues we got to see booth commentary.

That would probably be factually inaccurate. The PDGA does not control the media for this event. Innova is in total control.

MurderMike was trying to make the argument that if any money went from the PDGA to Innova and then Innova is paying the media companies that your dollars are being spent on coverage. The problem is that MM doesn't know if the PDGA is supporting this event at all financially, he is guessing.

tenor.gif

Sorry Dave. It is tough sometimes to read people online. I just default to the lowest level of intelligence and work my way up with people. ;)

Gotta love the predictable and un-creative "I hate your opinion so I want to insult you in a passive aggressive way but I also don't want to get banned" responses on DGCR.

lulz

:clap:

Predictable response.

It was supposed to be high brow, ironic humor.

Come on now.

Are you setting us up for ppv smashboxx/dgpt in the future?

Not that I know of yet. We don't even have a schedule for next year. I would embrace it if it happens, but there has been no discussion on it yet.

I can't even say there will be live next year yet with 100% confidence.

Why is the media budget so big for this event. .feels like it WAY bigger than for Worlds. . but why?

Why is the media budget so big for this event. .feels like it WAY bigger than for Worlds. . but why?

I would guess it is because the USDGC has more money to spend that it collects from its title sponsor (Innova) and fundraising (USDGC Roc Program).

Yes, madmax is right. Innova is in control of the budget and can spend whatever they like without really answering to anyone other than themselves. And traditionally the USDGC likes to push the envelope and try new things.

The PDGA has their members to answer to and a budget to adhere to. (Man, I almost wrote that without laughing at it)

I keep searching through the Tournament and General subs for the 2019 USDGC thread, but all I keep finding is media coverage "discussions." :confused::\:|

I gotta say, the timing of this media announcement was pretty brilliant at least. They had all these changes ready to announce, but didn't want to overshadow another event, so they really did pick the best time. Now we are all talking about it and helping to build buz-- ahh, momentum for the main event. Bring it on. Between the live and the Upshot being onsite I'm pretty stoked to follow USDGC this year.