• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Nice..but will he play or just make a teeshot on hole 1 like he did last year? ( or was it 2017 )

No one knows for sure. Presumably he's registered because he wants to try to play full rounds, but that was the story last year and he pulled out late (as I recall, it was Monday of tournament week that he withdrew). We'll find out on Wednesday, I guess.

It would be a nice tradition, in the vein of the ball golf Masters Tournament, to have older past champions make ceremonial first throws at the USDGC.

Well, now we have our answer regarding Climo...

Climo Returns to USDGC for Round 1

He's planning to play the first round, then be in the booth commentating on the live coverage for rounds 2 through 4.

I get the sentimentality aspect, but is it not also kinda weak to take up a spot when you don't intend to finish the tournament?

Seems selfish to use your lifetime invitee status to deprive a more active player a chance to compete; one who would surely give it everything they had instead of calling it quits after 1 round.

I'd rather see some sort of ceremonial showcase for former champions who don't otherwise qualify.

I get the sentimentality aspect, but is it not also kinda weak to take up a spot when you don't intend to finish the tournament?

Seems selfish to use your lifetime invitee status to deprive a more active player a chance to compete; one who would surely give it everything they had instead of calling it quits after 1 round.

I'd rather see some sort of ceremonial showcase for former champions who don't otherwise qualify.

I don't think he is "taking anyone's spot" in the tournament. If he decided not to register then its not like they would open up more spots for someone else to register.

I wonder if he will have second thoughts about commentating if he is on lead card after round 1...

I don't think he is "taking anyone's spot" in the tournament. If he decided not to register then its not like they would open up more spots for someone else to register.

I wonder if he will have second thoughts about commentating if he is on lead card after round 1...

Innova his sponsor might be making him play at least one tournament round before commentating on the live and using his live recording for the post production rounds. This way the person commentating has played the course but then can dedicate the rest of his time to commentating. Ken Climo might not have wanted to play but Innova might be making him play at least one round in order to commentate.

Innova his sponsor might be making him play at least one tournament round before commentating on the live and using his live recording for the post production rounds. This way the person commentating has played the course but then can dedicate the rest of his time to commentating. Ken Climo might not have wanted to play but Innova might be making him play at least one round in order to commentate.

No, just no.

Stop posting.

Wait a minute, Innova is Climo's sponsor?? Well at any rate, good thing they are making sure he has at least one round at Winthrop, how else would he know what the course plays like?

Ah ha ha ha!!

Niced! I didn't know you had it in you.

Also should have included the Gateway Wizard too, but he only likes specific ones unlike Valkyrie he likes the Star, Champion, and has used the DX. Most players I know who use the Valkyrie do not use the G-Star including me.

Wait a minute, Innova is Climo's sponsor?? Well at any rate, good thing they are making sure he has at least one round at Winthrop, how else would he know what the course plays like?

Yes Ken Climo has been with Innova as his sponsor since the 1990's. He is still on the main page with all the players that Innova sponsors on the various teams, some just get free discs in the lowest tires. Climo might get a smaller percent of every disc made in KC plastic (unlike the touring discs since KC is Production run for 2 molds) unless that particular KC Disc is made for a current Touring Pro in the touring stamps, in the case of the Big Bead KC Aviar made as a touring disc with the Wysocki Bomb Stamp on it.