• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Will Jomez film R1? and if so, which card? . . kind of weird to not have live R1

https://usdgc.com/posts/monday-qualifier-sees-playoff-yet-again/
It wouldn't be Monday Qualifying without a playoff. Well, at least that's how it's been five of the last six years.

After all of the scorecards were turned in for the day, three men including Stephen Schroeder, Ezra Robinson, and Brandon Brown were all tied at 66 (-1) for the last two spots.

New Hole 1 Sees Playoff Action

After Schroeder and Robinson's tee shots landed safely on the green of Hole 1 (former Hole 3), Brown's backhand landed short in the hazard. His Championship hopes were then over after he missed his putt for three and Schroeder and Robinson secured their birdies.

Others earning USDGC invites included Austin Turner 64 (-3), Nicholas Masters 65 (-2), and Isaac Robinson 65.

I wonder how Innova will handle the fact that Paul is reigning champion for Innova. . . but now plays for Discraft.

A big Innova tournament and they won last year and now have 4-in-a-row, but can´t really use that fact in the advertising

Paul really want to win this. . but i don´t think Innova would likethat ;)

Why so secretive? I think they do have them sorted out already, and a player might want to plan their schedule for tomorrow already. IDK.

It's not about being secretive. It's about making sure that everyone who is registered is checked in and present for the tournament. Check-in ends 90 minutes before the players meeting.

All the players know they're playing on Wednesday. Whether it is 9:30am or 2:30pm shouldn't matter that much at this stage.

Why so secretive? I think they do have them sorted out already, and a player might want to plan their schedule for tomorrow already. IDK.
This later than typical grouping for tee times is also likely the reason they are not shooting a feature card in R1 since the groupings are mostly random other than spreading the top X number of players into separate groups in R1. The USDGC prides itself on treating each competitor equally as they were all invited by qualifying.

Know I'm going to miss the final round and half of another of the live coverage. But enjoy watching live after the fact, just skip through commercials and down time.

Is the live going to available after the fact? Will it still cost?

Know I'm going to miss the final round and half of another of the live coverage. But enjoy watching live after the fact, just skip through commercials and down time.

Is the live going to available after the fact? Will it still cost?

from the FAQ:

WILL I BE ABLE TO WATCH THE LIVESTREAM AFTER THE EVENT?
Yes. All the live rounds (3) will be available until November 4, 2019.

Apparently his recovery from Lyme disease not coming along fast enough according to Facebook posts.

Let's all just hope he went and got the antibiotics instead of going the holistic route which he was apparently considering. :doh:

Wait, what? Is there a thread about this that I'm not aware of?

If Ricky is trying to cure Lyme disease by "going the holistic route," that is something that I need in my DGCR feed.