• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 PDGA National Tour Canceled...

This is what I'm saying.
You could have 36 pros dueling it out (2 per tee for social distance measures) every week on literally any course, anywhere, and it'd be top billing on EPSN right now. Another few dozen humans for volunteers and camerawork, and you're talking a hundred people total spread out over the course, most not even golfing.
Missed opportunity.

Lol....I am afraid you might be GROSSLY overestimating the number of people interested in disc golf instead of marble racing. Sadly, I think marble racing is far more interesting to watch than our passion.

Lol....I am afraid you might be GROSSLY overestimating the number of people interested in disc golf instead of marble racing. Sadly, I think marble racing is far more interesting to watch than our passion.
Just so you know: I got the fastest marble in town.

I just don't see that working. I would have no idea if I foot faulted or not if I have picked up my plant foot before looking at it. I've also been in multiple situations where I have disagreed with someone else on OB status.

That being said, I think it's easy enough to have 4 per card and follow the social distancing guidelines.

You're right, it wouldn't work well. I just want everyone to be aware they can and should make calls on themselves.

You're right, it wouldn't work well. I just want everyone to be aware they can and should make calls on themselves.
In other words, you expect people to conduct themselves with personal integrity.

I'll just say this on the subject:

Before you decide how likely other people are to do the right thing, take a good look in the mirror, and figure out how likely that person is to do the right thing.

In other words, you expect people to conduct themselves with personal integrity.

I'll just say this on the subject:

Before you decide how likely other people are to do the right thing, take a good look in the mirror, and figure out how likely that person is to do the right thing.

I just realized the quoted post doesn't come across as I intended, and may be construed as a personal attack on Steve. :doh:
In no way was Steve the target of my post.

I simply meant that before any of us concern ourselves with how others conduct themselves, each of us should make sure we're conducting ourselves to the standards we'd hold anyone else to.

Per Steve's post, I firmly believe in calling out infractions we've committed, rather than waiting for someone else to call you on it.

I just realized the quoted post doesn't come across as I intended, and may be construed as a personal attack on Steve. :doh:
In no way was Steve the target of my post.

I simply meant that before any of us concern ourselves with how others conduct themselves, each of us should make sure we're conducting ourselves to the standards we'd hold anyone else to.

Per Steve's post, I firmly believe in calling out infractions we've committed, rather than waiting for someone else to call you on it.

No worries. The guy in my mirror does the exact opposite of what he should most of the time. He even parts his hair on the wrong side.

So you discover you are out of bounds after you throw. Your next throw might be out of bounds again.
You do the right thing and call yourself on the first infraction but nobody witnessed it. You call 'courtesy' on the group. You throw the next shot and discover afterwards that you were OB again. You call it on yourself but again no one sees. You call 'courtesy' again.
Does that mean you get off scott free and the others get penalized?

So you discover you are out of bounds after you throw. Your next throw might be out of bounds again.
You do the right thing and call yourself on the first infraction but nobody witnessed it. You call 'courtesy' on the group. You throw the next shot and discover afterwards that you were OB again. You call it on yourself but again no one sees. You call 'courtesy' again.

LOL that's a good question and funny all at the same time.

maybe you shouldn't throw so fast!

OB doesn't have to be seconded. It's just a fact.

And if you throw too fast, before the rest of your card can confirm whether you are in fact OB, the rules dictate that you get the OB stroke. 806.02.H