• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

Soooo, didn't watch the coverage, but saw JC's birdie on 18.

Why was he throwing 247' for birdie on a 650' Par 4? (Didn't have any OB.)

:popcorn:

0HL7Ct6.jpeg

Been meaning to ask, is Philo injured, or the commentary gig more consistent cash to not play? Or something else? He's 40 now, so planning on playing Master's Worlds instead?

I'm sure he's doing more than just sitting in the booth for 5 hours. He's probably teaching lessons, clinics, hustling discs, and he works for both Innova and DGN, I'm sure there is all sorts of behind the scenes stuff he's probably doing and involved in. I'd bet he's been working sun up to sun down all week.

What a Worlds WOW!!!!!! 1400 Spectator tickets all sold out in the middle of a pandemic. We will have 5000+ spectators even sooner than I thought.

A World where the "veterans" of the sport did very well, and the young guns not so much.

Nate, Gregg and Cale all in the top 8

All the OB at Mulligans and the trees at the Fort is a great equalizer. Plus those Veteran/Lat 64 baskets reward only the best putters, they ain't catching ANY bad putts.

Funny how MVP have Hokom that does not throw BH an Conrad that really don´t throw FH, or overhand or even standstill or rollers if he can avoid it.
The guy throws slow discs HARD.. .and is a master of angles

I really hope he will sitt down and go over every shot in this last round on video so we can hear his thoughts.

Time difference makes it impossible to watch live but either I'll watch it in the morning or dig myself a nice social media hole to wait around for Jomez in.

It's the weekend, i have been up to 03:00 every night here in Sweden. . but you in Finland have it even worse.
I was hoping the cut would make them start an hour or so early..but no, another long night.

We in Sweden and Finland could not compete....AND it's even hard to watch. . .Worlds is a US thing
FWIW some of us really appreciate you guys (and rhatton) being active in the forum, because it's important see things from all perspectives. Despite the sport still being so U.S. centric, there's no denying DG's increasing popularity in Europe has benefitted the sport as a whole.

Congratulations to Kristin for finishing in the top 5. Even though the trip, and perhaps the pressure of basically carrying the flag for "all of Europe," (not to mention the pressure of playing in World's) may have contributed to their not necessarily performing their best, I'm glad Kristin Tattar, Albert Tamm, and Silver Lätt, made the trip and plan to play in a few more tournaments over here.

I look forward to World's being held in Europe, (hopefully in the not too distant future), where more of the best European players have a more feasible chance of competing.

Last edited:
FWIW some of us really appreciate you guys (and rhatton) being active in the forum, because it's important see things from all perspectives. Despite the sport still being so U.S. centric, there's no denying DG's increasing popularity in Europe has benefitted the sport as a whole.

Congratulations to Kristin for finishing in the top 5. Even though the trip, and perhaps the pressure of basically carrying the flag for "all of Europe," (not to mention the pressure of playing in World's) may have contributed to their not necessarily performing their best, I'm glad Kristin Tattar, Albert Tamm, and Silver Lätt, made the trip and plan to play in a few more tournaments over here.

I look forward to World's being held in Europe, (hopefully in the not too distant future), where more of the best European players have a more feasible chance of competing.

That last putt droped at 03:40 here in Sweden, so a Looong night . . :)

It´s to bad Henna and Eveliina could not play, i really think they could have won. . .and maybe that what it would take, a European World champion

Let´s hope MVP does something with this. . .JC is not really the guy that is on social media and Vlog´s alot so MVP might have to help with geting content out.. . .and discs.

Discraft sure had a 6x stamp ready. . i don´t think MVP have a 1x ready ;)

Paul in Worlds from 2012

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and now 2nd

That´s still insane . .

Indeed. McBeth and Pierce are either:
a) The Champion
b) The validation by which some else earns that title.

I'm not a fanboi, but I suspect it will be quite a while before we see a final World's lead card without McBeth and/or Pierce. For the current crop of touring pros, they're always the ones setting the bar.

No doubt in my mind that competing against them week in and week out, has elevated the level of play for all the players we're used to seeing in the Top 10.

Lol.

The obvious thing didn't strike me until I went to bed. Two 5X Champions, players that come up in the Greatest of All Time conversations (and the two players with well-publicized huge contracts to boot) walked up to 18 yesterday with a one-stroke lead. They both lost. You can't made that crap up; epic last day to a World's.

The shot is insane, but the timeing of it is what makes this the greatest throw ever.

If he makes this R1 Utah Open its a great shot.....but to do it on hole 18 last rounds at Worlds when he HAS TO make it . . its a shot of a lifetime....he is now a World champ for life and MVP has a title for life. . . .

The only one that i can think of that gets close is Simons throw in from a knee when he HAD to make it to have a chance to win (that to was altso a crazy anhyzer)

I love James Conrad and am super psyched that he won, but I still feel really bad for Paul. He lost fair and square, but we know that 999 times out of 1000, he would be 6x right now.

Still congrats James! Best tournament I have ever watched.

Latest posts