• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 PDGA Champions Cup - 4th Pro Major

strange that MP40/FP40 would be included imo...

In an email Nate Heinhold told me that because those are the "premier" divisions of Pro Masters Worlds, they get an invite to the Champions Cup, and then further elaborated that they have "a reasonable shot at competing."

In an email Nate Heinhold told me that because those are the "premier" divisions of Pro Masters Worlds, they get an invite to the Champions Cup, and then further elaborated that they have "a reasonable shot at competing."

Nonsensical. They have been going full steam isolating MPO/FPO from everything else for several years at this point. Ironically enough the MP40 champion was lower rated than the MP50 champ at Worlds as well (at the time of that event).

Just to be fair to the staff of this event since I know I have not done anything but post negatives about it- MTL, Chuck, and company are great, experienced TDs and will undoubtedly do a bang up job with the initial Champions Cup.

That seems pretty arbitrary. A ratings floor might make more sense. I am not sure how you can define "Champion" with an age designation, yet alone a World Champ.

I guess we should be thankful that FPO was given consideration?

You are a "premier" champion in my book, Nova!

I do understand the decision is not about the TD, staff or ultimately the event. I just think this has bad optics.

Last edited:
That seems pretty arbitrary. A ratings floor might make more sense. I am not sure how you can define "Champion" with an age designation, yet alone a World Champ.

I guess we should be thankful that FPO was given consideration?

You are a "premier" champion in my book, Nova!

I do understand the decision is not about the TD, staff or ultimately the event. I just think this has bad optics.

Aww, thanks. <3

The email could have been "because we say so," and that would have been the end of it. The little bit I shared was just a portion of the cringe.

In my opinion, if explaining something to someone makes it look worse and worse the more you explain it, maybe the thing being explained is not very good or well-thought-out to start with.

Received this in the mail today, thought it was a nice touch:
oagTKNz.jpg

Fwiw Nova, you're much more deserving of an invite than me based off of accomplishments or rating.

The little bit I shared was just a portion of the cringe.

In my opinion, if explaining something to someone makes it look worse and worse the more you explain it, maybe the thing being explained is not very good or well-thought-out to start with.

Post it!
Roast that a-hole and maybe we can get rid of him.

Hey Nova -

No event had multiple division winners, except US Women's (more on that in a minute) qualify for the event. While I fully agree that the MP50 and you as the FP50 champ are more than capable of competing and I disagree with Nate's comment you relayed, I don't think anyone would dispute the premier division for each gender at master worlds was MP40 and FP40.

The only event that allowed multiple divisions was US Womens and that is because USADGC is male only. US Women's FA1 winner was awarded the US Amateur National Champ spot just as the MA1 winner at USASGC was.

While I don't see this model changing, I agree that an event like the worlds should consider multiple divisions as qualifiers.

I will relay this feedback post event to the PDGA events team for next year.

We will miss you in GA but wish you the best of luck in Jonesboro!

Tempting, but I'm not interested in leading an online roast.

I get that but I look at it as informing the community of how he acts in real life. I've spoken negatively about him in the past because of the negative interactions I have had with him. And those interactions are completely opposite of how he is portrayed on the socials, so I share my experience.

Yikes, I guess we'll go ahead and cancel our hotel. $75 per person per day for the privilege of walking the course? And they're already sold out??

That sucks, I was looking forward to this. You snooze you lose.

Yikes, I guess we'll go ahead and cancel our hotel. $75 per person per day for the privilege of walking the course? And they're already sold out??

That sucks, I was looking forward to this. You snooze you lose.

Dang, per DAY?! Who is this new class of DG fans who have this kind of coin and are willing to shell it out just to watch live events? This on top of the $30-$50 special run discs that seem to almost the norm anymore.

It does make the discussions here on $5 Udisc fees or $8-$10/month DGN access seem 10 years out of place...

So, are we at the end of the runup in popularity of the sport, or just now starting to rise?