• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Cascade Challenge, May 26-28th

Announcers have a tough time crafting their patter and style to be more interesting than the content they're/we're watching.

Do Perkins and O'Reilly put anyone else to sleep, or is it just me?

They are OK. I'd rather listen to them and enjoy the play, than listen to the other Nate's manufactured drama and talking about their glory days.

Last edited:
Hey good luck Mason County DGC love you guys to death, good people and always loved your tourneys. Sadly I live in Idaho now and don't play competitive DG anymore but wish you all the best.

What, arent we talking about the trophies this time around at all? :D

Looks like a nice axe. Having said that, I kinda think at least once in a while, a more traditional throphy would be nice too. You dont need to try and reinvent the wheel every time.

Looks like a nice axe. Having said that, I kinda think at least once in a while, a more traditional throphy would be nice too. You dont need to try and reinvent the wheel every time.

Kind of thought the same.

Course talk...
I don't know about the rest of you, but pretty much all of the courses used for Pro Tour events are nothing like my local courses.
I'm talking about courses with numerous +600 foot holes, tons of OB, big water carries, etc.

The Shelton Springs FPO layout is a lot closer to courses I like to play. 11 holes under 350 feet with 6 holes under 300 feet. The 11 "short" holes average 302. Again, this is what I am used to playing and what I prefer. Most of the course length (7285') comes from the 7 holes over 500 feet. (the MPO layout is 1,000 feet longer)

Gold courses that push 10,000 feet and beyond are just crazy for 95% of "normal" players. If you play from the short tees you end up walking about 1/2 way up some of the fairways to get to the tee. :wall:

I understand the use of long gold courses for Pro Tour events, but I have very little interest in playing them myself.:D

That's good to know. I'm exactly the opposite. I enjoy short courses, but I've played too many of them and will choose a long course anytime I have the chance.

You can't be suggesting that it would be better to present one of those typical trophies that you can get and just knock off the bowling or tennis figurine off the top and present it as a disc golf trophy. It actually wouldn't hurt to re-invent that wheel. I think most winners appreciate these more unusual trophies that they can glance at and know immediately what tournament they won it at, and the memories that go with it. Generic trophies don't hold that power.

Latest posts