• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

53 discs in one round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make an effort to return discs even if they aren't marked, but if no one claims them I'm taking them. I'll post on my local FB page or on here that I found a disc and at what park and hole. If someone can identify it...color/make/model/plastic type then it's theirs.

Damn you, I've found 3, EVER...maybe i just don't pay attention well enough when im looking for mine.

I make an effort to return discs even if they aren't marked, but if no one claims them I'm taking them. I'll post on my local FB page or on here that I found a disc and at what park and hole. If someone can identify it...color/make/model/plastic type then it's theirs.

I COMMEND you sir on your ethical and moral choices. You are also following the law. :thmbup:

If I find an unmarked disc it's mine then. You can't tell me that if you found a twenty dollar bill on the ground with nobody around you would try to return it. No. A disc is the same way if you find it with no name its yours.

Does that matter? When you find money does the law state that it's instantly yours? (pssst... the answer is "No.")

given that the course collects found discs and gets them back to their owners makes this guy right.

just cuz his name isn't on it, doesn't mean that a regular local won't recognize it in the lost and found.

i think you should leave behind everything at a private course with a staff and a lost and found. a public course, sure that is different.

Damn you, I've found 3, EVER...maybe i just don't pay attention well enough when im looking for mine.

It depends a lot more on what time of day you get to the course. I am usually the first person out on any given day and as a result I find a lot of discs that are just laying in what I would consider an easy spot to find. Somewhat hidden but definitely not buried in woods or anything. People just forget or are too drunk/stoned to be playing disc golf in the first place(I found a disc with a pot leaf dye in a basket once....)

So if you owned this disc:

$(KGrHqF,!jEE9)HyCVbqBPqrGjVjnw~~60_57.JPG

You're telling me you wouldn't recognize it if you lost it?

I dunno. I think if you find 53 discs and return the 51 marked one's you should keep the two unmarked. We all lose a lot of plastic and it is nice if you score one once in a while and I think the chance that the unmarked disc will find it's rightfully owner is low enough that the guy should just freakin keep it. if I knew that my unmarked disc lost in water went to someone who just found over 50 discs for other people I would be glad that person kept it. I don't know what law is being attepted to be referenced about lost discs but most discers would agree it is more of a golden rule/ commen sense kind of thing. Good luck with that 911 call.

That rain storm in Maine was wild! 48 hours straight, 6 inches total, and 3 inches in 6 hours at one point.

Jeronimo, that disc belongs to me. Please send it to me at your charge. Thanks for finding it, you better not have thrown it.

That's why you dont leave discs in the lost and found.

So if you owned this disc:

:giganticpictureofacolorfulfrisbee:

You're telling me you wouldn't recognize it if you lost it?

There are plenty of Granite discs that look like that, it could be anybodies.

I have a Jupiter VP I thought was pretty unique until I recently saw its clone on Feebay.

A personal, one off dye job is as good as a sig, but I have two Chunk VP's and a Summit from the first run that all look very similar, despite being unique.
If I played the shell game with you I doubt you could identify the same disc over and over.

The unmarked disc he kept was white KC Pro Roc. I have one of those too. There are a zillion of them, they're like a dime a dozen.

So, say he returns it, and there are two people who have previously lost similar discs, who gets to keep it ? The first guy to find it in the stacks ? If its not truly his, he has no more right to it than the person who finds it in a lake.
You see the problem ?

So, I agree with the policy that if you find a disc with no markings, and nobody around who might have thrown it, then congratulations, its yours to enjoy, guilt free.

Why do you want to **** on a pretty nice story from someone that is obviously a good guy, doing a bunch of work to return MANY other people's discs?

Agreed, I think the situation was handled admirably.

I can't imagine finding 53 discs. I feel like that's at least double what I have found in my whole career. Any really sweet discs in their or mostly DX junk?

ive had a dream like that before.cool you guys returned them

This on both levels!!

I have found about 40ish discs at my local course (I dredge the water a few times a year and toe around when it's really warm). We also have some fisherman that can see them in their boats and they will get them and hold them for me.

Sadly, for the other players, most of the discs I have found are Unmarked. The Marked ones I make every attempt to contact. i call and text the number and I email if it's available. Unmarked discs are sitting in my disc box in my car at the moment. I have sold a few of them and I have added 1 of them to my bag. Funny enough out of the 40 I have found I have probably found 4-5 of my own and about 20 or so of my friends.

Last edited:
if you value a disc then write your name on it, takes 5 seconds, then you will never have to worry about getting your unmarked disc back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts