• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600' goal is done! 170 pro destroyer

I never said I throw farther than him............I also don't doubt he hit 600ft.

The only negative thing I said about his throwing was that his form needed some refinement.

If you re-read my comment I didn't say you had anything at all to own up to. All my points were toward him, not you. I think it is great we have some pros who know what they are talking about and I am glad we have some newbies who are able to do freakish things all on the same site. I just think our discussions need to be done with respect toward others. You haven't done or said anything disrespectful.

And I will let you figure that you are wrong! I was out there the same day and personally can say it is a pretty decent elevation change.........

Or I could say you are right and that the people who have played that course are crazy to claim it is uphill.

They are throwing up a friggin Ski Hill.......even if it is a bunny run. Anyway quit making excuses for why you throw farther when you probably don't and all those guys would school you on a course anyway.

its a common misconception that i run into a lot, especially on a golf course, i did not realize it would have to be explained in disc golf too. if your throwing hitting chunking smacking anything from point A to point B and you can see the surface of Point B from where you are standing and that surface is level (in this case) IT IS NOT UP HILL lol, it even happends to guys who have played ball golf for 40 years, they think because they either hit it short and their next shot is up a hill, or because they walk up a hill to get to the pin, that the hole is somehow uphill. dont get confused it simple line of sight physics.

question this when you watch the video...

would we be able to see where the disc is landing when the disc hits the top of the hill, if it was an up hill shot?

He still talks like he is the shizznit......when he is really a NooB

i am a noob...i have only played 3.5 months...im not good or consistant at all with midrange or putting :thmbup:

also scooter, im sorry if i can throw farther than them...its not like i meant too, there are prob a few guys on my football team who can throw farther than them also, that doesnt mean we are good at the game.

Last edited:
its a common misconception that i run into a lot, especially on a golf course, i did not realize it would have to be explained in disc golf too. if your throwing hitting chunking smacking anything from point A to point B and you can see the surface of Point B from where you are standing and that surface is level (in this case) IT IS NOT UP HILL lol, it even happends to guys who have played ball golf for 40 years, they think because they either hit it short and their next shot is up a hill, or because they walk up a hill to get to the pin, that the hole is somehow uphill. dont get confused it simple line of sight physics.

would we be able to see where the disc is landing when the disc hits the top of the hill, if it was an up hill shot?

i am a noob...i have only played 3.5 months...im not good or consistant at all with midrange or putting :thmbup:

also scooter, im sorry if i can throw farther than them...its not like i meant too, there are prob a few guys on my football team who can throw farther than them also, that doesnt mean we are good at the game.

Distance is as the bird flys, which is what you are describing; but I thought what was said is that the distances marked in that video corresponds to that and while I havent seen that hole in person to be able to tell if its up hill, it doesnt look like it is downhill either.

Not fighting about it and in fact wondering what the point is in fighting about it; Brattten is throwing a Pred in that video which definately is slower and less glidey than a pro Destroyer by far. I would love to see him throw a Pro Destroyer (Avery's favorite I think) or a Nuke and at the same time I think it is awesome you are throwing so far, so fast.

If the top of the hill is also slanted upward then you'd be able to see it. That doesn't mean it isn't uphill anymore.

Claiming you're throwing 100' farther than some of the biggest arms in the game is flat out ignorant arrogance. Claming you know a hole you've seen on a video better than people who have played it is also ignrorant arrogance. I remember a argument on DGR a few years ago where somone was claiming, based on what the hole looked like in a video, that someone threw a 500' hyzer on a hole at Worlds. He was convinced because that's how far it looked in the video until anther (big arm) member who was actually at that Worlds said it was more like 370' and he threw a Wizard for a deuce. Distances, slopes and terrain gets skewed on video and in pictures.

There's no doubt you throw far, but the claims you're making are ridiculous. You seem like a nice and smart enough guy who obviosly has a ton of potential. That potential will be quite a bit eaiser to reach if you set the ego aside and admit that the people who have seen, played with and know personally some of the top players in the game might know more than you. I don't always approve of Scoot_er's tone, but he knows what he's talking about and I'd advise listening to him if you actually want to improve.

ya i have seen that video before, and the other one where those guys are helping newer guys get some distance, they do those throws at the top of a hill and throw across a valley and back up a hill, so its not really uphill...other wise the camera would not be able to see the top of the hill, like we all can see watching the video.

i like how low he throws the discs though, and his release is probably one of the cleanest i have watched online.

Have you considered that where the discs are landing is short of the crest of the hill? If they landed on the upslope you would still be able to see them right? This is clearly an uphill hole.
Bratten's one throw hits near the top of the hill (~500') just as its starting to flex back, I can only imagine how far it would have gone if he had been throwing on flat ground.

If the top of the hill is also slanted upward then you'd be able to see it. That doesn't mean it isn't uphill anymore.

Claiming you're throwing 100' farther than some of the biggest arms in the game is flat out ignorant arrogance. Claming you know a hole you've seen on a video better than people who have played it is also ignrorant arrogance. I remember a argument on DGR a few years ago where somone was claiming, based on what the hole looked like in a video, that someone threw a 500' hyzer on a hole at Worlds. He was convinced because that's how far it looked in the video until anther (big arm) member who was actually at that Worlds said it was more like 370' and he threw a Wizard for a deuce. Distances, slopes and terrain gets skewed on video and in pictures.

There's no doubt you throw far, but the claims you're making are ridiculous. You seem like a nice and smart enough guy who obviosly has a ton of potential. That potential will be quite a bit eaiser to reach if you set the ego aside and admit that the people who have seen, played with and know personally some of the top players in the game might know more than you. I don't always approve of Scoot_er's tone, but he knows what he's talking about and I'd advise listening to him if you actually want to improve.

This is the most intelligent post of the thread.

I think you need to attend a pro-distance competition in person. I competed in one this past year at The Memorial, and can say that it is not only a humbling experience, but also much different in person than on video. Avery wasn't there but Bratten was along with Big Jerm, Paul McBeth (threw 626', flat land no wind!!!!), and a slew of others. The YouTube videos do not do it justice. You need a slice of humble pie.:)

honestly, when it comes to this game, i have no ego. i like playing a sport knowing that if i go out and play there is a good chance i will loose. its a great rush.

if it was a game like soccer or volleyball or football, that i know i am better than average, i would have some silent confidence.

and i was not contesting how far they were throwing in the video, it looks like to me that most all of those guys are coming close to the top of that hill on the other side of the valley, so if robbie can throw 600 then the rest of those guys can throw 550+ and since the hole length is 512' total then they must of moved the basket because i have not seen it in the video yet.

here is a good video of the side view of them throwing, you can clearly see its a valley, and you can almost see down the backside of the hill they are throwing towards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXJn-7qxlM

maybe someone can use google earth that knows where the course is to find out what the elevation is on that tee and hill...im not able to use google earth

honestly, when it comes to this game, i have no ego.
Except for the claim that you can throw 100' farther than one of the longest throwers in the game, which would put you at world record breaking distances and that sponsored pros who have competed on a certain hole know less about it than you, who doesn't even know where it is.

here is a good video of the side view of them throwing, you can clearly see its a valley, and you can almost see down the backside of the hill they are throwing towards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXJn-7qxlM

maybe someone can use google earth that knows where the course is to find out what the elevation is on that tee and hill...im not able to use google earth

Go back and watch the discraft distance video again. Go to 2:07. You get a view from the tee and then from the "TOP" of the hill down to the tee. Rigth after 2:07 Mark says it "plays way up hill"...what more do you need? A disc golf pro and expert is standing on the hole you are talking about saying it plays way up hill and you are going to argue they aren't throwing up hill. Then you argue with another pro on this site who has played this hole and corroborates what Mark says...and you have never played this hole...and you still can't admit it and argue against reality? Really?

If you re-read my comment I didn't say you had anything at all to own up to. All my points were toward him, not you. I think it is great we have some pros who know what they are talking about and I am glad we have some newbies who are able to do freakish things all on the same site. I just think our discussions need to be done with respect toward others. You haven't done or said anything disrespectful.

Ok well in that case...oops but that reply was needed for others anyway. :thmbup:

I personally saw Robbie Bratten throw a predator +550' at West Guth Park Corpus Christi TX Aprox. 14 feet above sea level. If it hadn't hit a tree it would have been well over 600.

dont get confused it simple line of sight physics.

Wow, this is what your argument is based on...really? They're landing on the UP-SLOPE of the hill, not beyond the crest of the hill. The plane that they're landing on is angled towards them so it's impossible not to see where the disc landed. You're entire argument is based on their discs landing on the top of the hill when in fact they're landing on the slope, well short of the top.

Then you go on to say this? You're just digging yourself deeper man. There's nothing to be sorry about if it were true, but first you'd have to prove it, which you have done nothing of the sort and have only made your case worse with your illogical ramblings about line of sight physics. Scooter even mentioned that hole is a ski hill bunny run. By your "valley, line-of-sight, somehow everything has to be flat if you can see it" logic, all those little kids skiing down the hill will be getting stuck somewhere between the teepad and the top of the hill. Sounds like a grand way to design a ski hill.

The hole and where Bratten's drives landed...and yet somehow that isn't uphill...
attachment.php

Attachments

• uphill.jpg
    uphill.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts