• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A very Bogey X-mas...

So, made it to Winton, Monroe, and Englewood, for my first three courses bagged in 2018:D (and what have you done Paulie? :p)

Nice to work a steady Ed course into my trip, and glad I got to play a round with Sisyphus. :hfive: ... Winton even gave me a chance to live up to my screen name. ;)

Monroe was very good, really fun course - glad I got to it.

Englewood was pretty solid too. Park gates are closed, so I had to park near the road and walk 1/2 mile to get to the course, but a bagger's got to do what a bagger's got to do.

What I wouldn't give for a hot bowl of matzo ball soup...

Will be reviewing some of these courses in the upcoming weeks.

And thank you all for keeping me company on this journey!

Last edited:
Yea Monroe(even though it kicks my ass all the time) is one of my more favorite local courses. It is kinda sneaky good. It doesn't have any holes over what 370ish? Only has one hole that you really get to let loose on but it will test pretty much every shot in your bag. It also really tests your line shaping skills. Its usually pretty windy there also, so even the open holes has some difficulty.

Don't think I've played a course at a small park, that makes better use of its available land and elevation.

Last edited:
You didn't even get to play it at its best either. The walls of honeysuckle are less intimidating this time of year...

...though I guess if its a choice between frozen and no foliage or foliage and muddy as hell...

Last edited:
Hey BogeyNoMore, very nice to meet you. Safe travels home.
Thank YOU for getting me warmed up for the New Years Day at Winton!
I told you that one putt would make me want to play. Wound up shooting the hot round for the day (39) and holding off a friend in my division who hit three (!) aces on the day. I needed a boatload of deuces, but that's what Winton is these days.