• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Addiction!

discjon

Birdie Member
I figured it would be an interesting idea to get a thread going where people can tell stories that exhibit their...addiction to playing this wonderful game.

I go to school in White Plains, NY. On May 12th I am driving back home to Rochester, NY. for the summer (7 hour drive) I am arriving in time to get a decent nights sleep, then waking up early on the 13th with my father and brother, both avid players, and driving to MI to play Flip City, Beast, Beauty and Goliath, and camping on Bills land for a few days. (Thanks again, Bill!)

Who needs home when MI is only 10 hours away? :p

Your gonna have a great time!! Flip City and Mason County Park make for a hell of a dg trip! This is only gonna make you that much more addicted! lol

Are you going to hit all the courses between White Plains and home on your way back?

Your gonna have a great time!! Flip City and Mason County Park make for a hell of a dg trip! This is only gonna make you that much more addicted! lol

Or its gonna make you not want to play your local courses because they are garbage compared to those two courses!

I drive a decided run at work every night and I drive right past a disc golf course at 11pm 5 nights a week. The course is located next to a nice park, and one night I got the balls to squeeze my big rig into that small parking lot. I put a flashlight on top of the basket, and play a little night disc golf. It puts me behind schedule, and I have to play catch up the rest of the night, but the 30 minutes that I get to play is worth it.

0202092300.jpg

0202092259.jpg

@DWill

My fiancee is going to be in the car with me, so I think we're just going to make the drive straight back to Rochester. Maybe I'll convince her to get her DX Eagle and Aviar out and throw with me, though. =P

Midnight, that's awesome. I haven't had the chance to play night golf in a while. Great pictures.

And yeah, I'm very excited for Flip and Mason. My spring break was last week, so I was able to visit my Aunt in Florida, and I played Cliff Stephens, Coachmen and Winthrop on the drive back to White Plains. I consider myself very fortunate to hit so many awesome courses in a short period of time!

Playing at night is a challenge, because you can see the basket, but once you release the disc, you can see it till it comes down. There were several times I had to take the flash light and look for my disc on the ground.

mmm whats in the mini?..hmmmm..is that a "stash tray"?

It's a Salem full flavor menthol and a cat hair ball I think. I was just seeing if it could hold a few smokes on rainy days. Stupid cats. Stash trays are neat though. Good place to keep all your cig butts on the course. Better than my back pocket smelling like a brothel full of dirty pirate hookers.

Absolutely. Between the 15-20 discs I've found over the course of about 2 years of playing, I've called every number if there is one.

The day I decide to keep one is the day my car gets broken into and all my discs get stolen.
Karma's a killer.

yeah im gonna go to flip city sometime this summer and spend the night camping up there...hopefully bill will let me camp out on his land :) ill have to get his contact info before we head up there