• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas sponsors Paul McBeth

This thread got long in a hurry, so I may have missed it, but what model of Adidas shoes does Paul wear on the course? Are they currently making a dg-focused shoe, or are they planning to now that they sponsor him? I have a pair of football cleats that I wear on muddy days, and I think they're Adidas, but that's probably not what most people would wear in normal conditions.

This thread got long in a hurry, so I may have missed it, but what model of Adidas shoes does Paul wear on the course? Are they currently making a dg-focused shoe, or are they planning to now that they sponsor him? I have a pair of football cleats that I wear on muddy days, and I think they're Adidas, but that's probably not what most people would wear in normal conditions.

His post about it - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1035358863172839&set=p.1035358863172839&type=3&theater or the instagram version - https://www.instagram.com/p/BBAw9omI6xz/

Grass tennis courts are quite different than what you would find on a course. The shoes they use are like turf soccer shoes lots of little nubs which would not last very long concrete.

There are now Futsal court shoes that are similar, have more surface, and last pretty well. I don't use them here in Houston because, well, mud. Any rain at all makes anything but cleats unusable. Even cleats have to be cleaned out after every throw in the clay mud we have here.

Too bad Paul didn't sign with Under Armor. UA sponsors the top-5 current MVP/Players of the Year guys in 5 major sports. Steph Curry: NBA, Bryce Harper: MLB, Cam Newton: NFL, Carey Price: NHL and Jordan Spieth: PGA.

UA could come up with some shoes for Paul. UA also out-sells Adidas in the USA.

There are now Futsal court shoes that are similar, have more surface, and last pretty well. I don't use them here in Houston because, well, mud. Any rain at all makes anything but cleats unusable. Even cleats have to be cleaned out after every throw in the clay mud we have here.

Seen two folks carried off because of torn MCL's wearing cleats while playing disc golf. I use Soloman trail running shoes with chevron lugs on the bottom. They allow traction and movement while still providing grip. I'm sure the Adidas shoes would offer like feel as well.

Seen two folks carried off because of torn MCL's wearing cleats while playing disc golf. I use Soloman trail running shoes with chevron lugs on the bottom. They allow traction and movement while still providing grip. I'm sure the Adidas shoes would offer like feel as well.

I wear Solomans as well. Same chevron lugs! The Futsal shoes aren't cleats. In some cases they are almost flats. The best thing about them is they have protected toes and may wear better in disc golf. I don't wear them, but I'd think they would be great even in wet grass.

Cleats are awful, they tear up the turf and ground soil, promoting erosion. They harm roots grass and trees. Plus you cant plant and turn and are likely to tear something.

I wear Solomans as well. Same chevron lugs! The Futsal shoes aren't cleats. In some cases they are almost flats. The best thing about them is they have protected toes and may wear better in disc golf. I don't wear them, but I'd think they would be great even in wet grass.

I find that people that wear through shoes have poor form or are only throwing sidearm.

I find that people that wear through shoes have poor form or are only throwing sidearm.

That really depends where you wear through them. I used to have some toe-drag -- I'd wear through the toebox on my back foot. Cleaned that up, and now I am shredding through the hell on my front foot from proper pivot.

A lot of shoe wear issues also come from the terrain you are playing on. I love me some trail runners in the summer months, but right now in the slushy of ice and mud I want a heavy duty hiker that I can feel confident in walking right through any puddle in. I'm not just talking about them being waterproof all my DG shoes are water proof, but when it's 35 degrees outside and the ground is thawing out a heavy duty shoe is a better option than a trail runner that is a thinner lighter material. On the same token wearing a heavy hiker in July is just way to much weight compable to a trail runner. You can't really have a "best dg shoe" when you have such a variety of terrains and environments that DG is played in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't McBeth sponsored by Oakley back when I started playing disc golf (3 years ago) and he used to wear Oakley logos a fair bit?

I don't consider myself a McBeth fanboy but had to take advantage of the 50% off sale at adidasoutdoor.com. Picked up the Terrex Swift R GTX for less than $70. I've been playing in Salomon XA 3Ds for the past 4 years (2 pair - each lasting about 2 seasons) and hope the Adidas kicks will be at least equivalent. The Gore-Tex and quick laces are a couple of my favorite features and both shoes have 'em.
I'll admit that the McBeth sponsorship (at whatever $ amount that means) was my reason for trying Adidas instead of heading back to REI for another pair of (expensive) Salomons.

If reasonable I will buy a pair as well just to maybe show support for disc golf I will even watch the American Disc Golf Tour to support it. Now if Bud was to sponsor us well I will have a good reason to support them :)

I'm going to check out Adidas outdoor shoes for the coming season. I like really like the Adidas brand to begin with, my tennis shoes and my softball cleats are Adidas, and I have plenty of Adidas apparel in my closet. Until this news broke, I never even knew they made waterproof light hiking shoes. Since I'll be in the market for new shoes this spring anyway, I'll definitely see what the Adidas outlet has to offer.

I'm not going to wear them because McBeth does, but their support of him did open my eyes to their offerings for disc golf.

I bought two pair of the swift r GTX on sale for $67 each and they arrived yesterday. Initial impression is A+. The toe cap on these things is awesome! Tread is aggressive and the fit is on point. Quick lace system is pretty good but I would probably prefer regular laces IMO. Won't be able to get a round in for a week or so but I'm eager to see how they perform! Would love to see a PM sig version!

Add one more disc golfer for Adidas. I've always loved Adidas and the sale is a great deal, but I never would have known that they make outdoor shoes if it weren't for this deal with McBeth.

I wore Adidas runners in 1983-84 as hiking shoes. Then their quality slipped in late '80s-early 90s as competition got fierce with Nike, and skaters started using Skechers. Glad they're back in the game.