• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adjustable Height Practice Basket? Why not?

PBokor

Eagle Member
Another new guy question here. With winter approaching and many folks heading indoors or under cover for putting practice, why are there no adjustable height practice baskets? I can find 25 - 30' or so of distance, but it is difficult to practice elevated putts.

Why isn't there a motorized, adjustable (say 4-6' of vertical delta) practice basket made? It would allow practice of moderate uphill and downhill putts all winter long. Niche market?

I'd like to see adjustable height baskets used on courses. Low position for everyday play. Medium for leagues. High for tournaments. It would be like increasing the slope rating in traditional golf.

At some point, someone was working on a variable height basket. I want to say it was Arroyo, but I am not sure that's right. Seems like a great idea, but I'd think that developing and retaining the putting muscle memory is more vital towards success on/around the green.

Take the base off and stack things under it to achieve desired height for "downhill" putts. Leave the base on ans stack things under it for "uphill" putts.:\

I have a proto of one that I started working on a few years ago. Able to set up to approx. 5-6 feet high (bottom of basket) and sets up level on slopes and steep hillside.

Latest posts