• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Alan Pier Spider-3 Pole Hole/Basket for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your unbiased opinions.^ Maybe the national museum of disc golf will come offer you $500?

I'll stick with my $100 go-anywhere (easily) Skillshot. If I was gonna spend $250+, I'd get... waidumminit, I wouldn't spend over about $100 on a backyard/travel basket... I'd just go to the course and play. :popcorn:

and when your 100 go anywhere discatcher breaks and you buy 2 more over the period of time this one basket would of lasted you. then realize the 300 is worth it.

This is not built to be a backyard "practice basket" its solid and built for real disc golf play.

I could stand on top of this thing and jump and nothing would begin to break or bend
Try that with your discatched dga whatever pieces of garbage.

...This is not built to be a backyard "practice basket" its solid and built for real disc golf play...
Take a deep breath, and then read the orig post. That's exactly what he's advertising it as: a "practice basket." It would work for that, but so would many that are much cheaper... and much more portable.

This thing looks to be more in line as a competitor to Mach 3, Discatcher Pro, etc... meant as basically permanent outdoor course baskets. It's apparently the only "widely regarded" basket that hardly anybody's heard of. I just think the tone of his posts is funny... as if he just can't fathom how people haven't heard of this legendary beast and aren't outbidding one another for this rare and perfectly aged one of a kind basket.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Basket is sold (pending payment tomorrow) to a cool guy that will get some good use out of it.

I didn't mean to come off like a (&^# in my posts. It just really is a nice basket. You would have to see it to understand. It's solid. Probably 70-80lbs. Very well constructed and like I said. There's actually no pole, basket or base rust. Just stain from the rust on the rings that hold the bottom of the chains.

For those who haven't seen or played on one. I hope you get the chance some day. There's still some courses in the mid-west with these baskets on them.

Have a great weekend,
John

Take a deep breath, and then read the orig post. That's exactly what he's advertising it as: a "practice basket." It would work for that, but so would many that are much cheaper... and much more portable.

This thing looks to be more in line as a competitor to Mach 3, Discatcher Pro, etc... meant as basically permanent outdoor course baskets. It's apparently the only "widely regarded" basket that hardly anybody's heard of. I just think the tone of his posts is funny... as if he just can't fathom how people haven't heard of this legendary beast and aren't outbidding one another for this rare and perfectly aged one of a kind basket.

So what's it to you if you don't like his tone? Obviously you have no interest in buying it all, so why crap all over someone else's thread? Seems a little rude to me, especially when you know nothing about the basket. If you did, then I can see how your opinion might have some merit. I think everyone here is smart enough to make the decision on whether or not they want to spend $300 on a basket without your input.

Last edited:
Then all you can putt on your crappy chinsy portable baskets a lucky guy gets to putt on a great catching super durable basket

Simply you do not know anything about this basket so you cannot judge the price on it.

Haha... this is hilarious.

Seems the two camps have formed:
1 - looks and probably plays like a rusty Mach 3 or DiscCatcher that's been on a course for 10+yrs and seeing many midwest winters, so worth about that value.... circa ~$150. It would be cool if you're making a course, but it's too heavy to be portable and in its advanced condition/weight, it's probably not even worth moving if you get a new home.
2 - this is the last of the Mohicans: a legendary Indiana basket as great as DG has ever known. Would surely be the standard on PDGA Winthrop and other notable courses if not for the damn parabola chains lawsuit (known only as 'the suit').

I say 1 vs 2. Pistols... at dawn. Who's thirsty?

i'm thirsty. and i'm this serious:

This_Cat_Is_So_Serious.jpg

LebowskiOpinion.jpg

Haha... this is hilarious.

Seems the two camps have formed:
1 - looks and probably plays like a rusty Mach 3 or DiscCatcher that's been on a course for 10+yrs and seeing many midwest winters, so worth about that value.... circa ~$150. It would be cool if you're making a course, but it's too heavy to be portable and in its advanced condition/weight, it's probably not even worth moving if you get a new home.
2 - this is the last of the Mohicans: a legendary Indiana basket as great as DG has ever known. Would surely be the standard on PDGA Winthrop and other notable courses if not for the damn parabola chains lawsuit (known only as 'the suit').

I say 1 vs 2. Pistols... at dawn. Who's thirsty?

I'm not in either "camp." I just find it annoying when people comment on something without forming a valid opinion. I can see if you have used this basket before, or maybe you know someone that has used it before, or if you just did a little research prior to commenting, but you did neither. The only purpose your comment serves is to tell everyone in the world that you wouldn't buy it. Just seems pointless to me since your not bringing anything to the table.

Paid for and picked up today.

Thanks for the messages here and emails regarding the basket. In total I had 7 offers ranging from $125 to $300 in less than 24 hours. Luckily there was a cool guy in town who wanted it so I didn't have to ship it.

I've got some old Disc Golfer Mag's (the old black and white ones). I think that's what they were called. I've got some of the old Disc Golf World News issues as well.

I also have a copy of: Frisbee: A Practitioner's Manual and Definitive Treatise by Hall of Fame Member, Dr. Stancil E. Johnson.

Let me know if anyone is interested in any of that stuff. I would be willing to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts