• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

i almost offered u my two thrashed dx rocs but recently decided to try rocs again. just go get you some rocs ,take em to the woods and enjoy beating them in. its obvious u dont really want to try much. u wont find any champ mid that will fit that roll and be somethin u like. your cuttin yourseld short and just making it more difficult for urself.

if u like star and dont mind the + mold, the roc+ was meant to mimic a seasoned roc

No I've tried a lot of different things to fill this role in a plastic that is better than dx but haven't come across a thing yet. And I actually had a star roc+ in the bag for a long time but it was my #2 in stability for rocs, that is not my most overstable but just nice and stable. And I am going to take a dx and toss it in the bag to try and fill the role. Its gina take me a long time though to get it where it needs to be so Im just going to cycle it in with the rest of them

No I've tried a lot of different things to fill this role in a plastic that is better than dx but haven't come across a thing yet. And I actually had a star roc+ in the bag for a long time but it was my #2 in stability for rocs, that is not my most overstable but just nice and stable. And I am going to take a dx and toss it in the bag to try and fill the role. Its gina take me a long time though to get it where it needs to be so Im just going to cycle it in with the rest of them

A couple people have said QMS and I would agree that it is a "beat straight" roc in flight right out of the box. The QMS is also available in Pro plastic as the Aurora MS amd will beat in a little faster. The DX shark recomendation I gave earlier was to help you find a fast and direct replacment for the "beat silly" roc. These can be had easily on the marketplace or almost any Play it Again in a used pile. Glad I could waste my time typing when you will probably completely ignore the advice that I give.

Just read the first page and immediate thought was "what an idiot for not throwing discraft" but then I thought "how ignorant for shooting down ideas when asking for help" then "who is this guy? Dave dunipace?" And final thought "maybe I'll smash him on the course because he is still searching for the right non-discraft disc". Live a little, explore.

This thread is pointless. What do you want us to tell you? Are we all supposed to just agree that your beat in Rocs are superior and irreplaceable.

DX Rocs are a dime-a-dozen. Go sell some of the winnings from the MA2 tournaments you bagged and buy a stack. Start wearing them in, rotating them. I'm sure one of them will get to the point you wish.

Btw, you're not impressing anyone by not throwing Discraft.

He must be right around the corner from being sponsored by Innova. I think he already has the shirt.

And the shorts too brah! I think someones bumping for a sponsorship... Its ok horseman innova is not gonna read your forum post or check out your 500+ sig so just throw a z comet and be done with it.

Wait, wtf are you doing putting with a wizard are you crazy? Maybe you should try a scout then

Get a Roc and throw it into a wall repeatedly until it gets beat in. And you can try skipping it off the pavement and then smoothing off the bead. That is legal modification, but if you do not care about that then just take off some of the bead by rubbing it on a tee pad - that makes it less overstable.

I found a yellow DX Roc once that was all chewed up around the rim and bead by rats or chipmunks or something. I smoothed it out with a little light sanding and a little melting with a lighter and it is amazingly understable. I checked with some very well renowned rules officials and it is perfectly legal for me to use this disc.

I love Rocs and am in the camp of rotating 4-5 of them through the bag as they get beat in. I am right in your predicament now having lost my 2nd most beat in Roc (dead straight medium power upshot disc - or higher power hyzer-flip disc) and my game is suffering.

get a used one and beat it up to get what you want - you mentioned it took you 5 years to reach the beatness you desired - thats ridiculous, 5 years! - i can't even count how many rocs i have gone through in 5 years - its one thing to use a roc for 5 years or more - but to take 5 years to beat it up, thats nuts

you want a big diameter disc that flys like a beat roc - get a condor - they may be dx but they will last you a long time, lots of plastic to wear away over the years

get a used one and beat it up to get what you want - you mentioned it took you 5 years to reach the beatness you desired - thats ridiculous, 5 years! - i can't even count how many rocs i have gone through in 5 years - its one thing to use a roc for 5 years or more - but to take 5 years to beat it up, thats nuts

you want a big diameter disc that flys like a beat roc - get a condor - they may be dx but they will last you a long time, lots of plastic to wear away over the years

Yea it was my first roc ever and always had it in the bag, and yea it really did take 5 years to break in. It is kinda ridiculous but the thing was super beat and was the way to go for anything anhyzer that you didn't want to come back. And yea I'm just going to get out and throw all my rocs that I have sitting around and find one that is different from something that I have in the bag and then go from there.

come play in austin,youll have beat rocs in a few rounds. rock golf! ...just ask feldberg lol.

And yea this would be awesome to do, and would also be awesome to be able to disc all year round in some decent conditions. We finally just had the first substantial snow here in WI and the season is getting slower. We still play in the snow and cold but it is no where near the same.