• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

They keep saying the Am division was added due to popular demand.

I think they meant due to no demand.

Up to 40 players now, I've had 40 players for a winter glow round... Congrats.

They keep saying the Am division was added due to popular demand.

I think they meant due to no demand.

Up to 40 players now, I've had 40 players for a winter glow round... Congrats.

How many paid 3 months in advance?

Of course, we don't know how many of the 40 "committed" players have paid.

The "lack of demand" was probably on the pro side. My guess is that they looked at the original formula of pros only, had just a smattering of players, and decided they might as well flesh it out with ams. Just as the original formula of memberships has been watered down to the $10 basic membership, or free with registration; perhaps not enough buyers at $50/$75?

Any word on how the PK event in Augusta went? Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday? Looked on the Augusta Dg Facebook and didn't see anything

Why ask here? Just go to the organization's website, event page, where you can see pre-registrations as they occur, and results a few hours after the tournament, and.....oh, wait, this isn't the PDGA, nevermind.

They had 9 players. Never heard a peep about it. Someone posted the scorecards in FB

Gotcha. Yea I inquired about it on FB and someone posted the picture. Thanks. Did they really even advertise the event? I don't remember seeing anything

Gotcha. Yea I inquired about it on FB and someone posted the picture. Thanks. Did they really even advertise the event? I don't remember seeing anything

Nah I never heard a peep about it. I was honestly surprised they had 9 players, I would have thought people would have at least tried to drum up some interest, but I guess not.

Last week, they posted notices in a number of facebook group pages. That was about it. Not on PDGA calendar, of course, nor, as far as I can tell, on any state or local lists of events, even Augusta's. Even hard to find on the Salient website.

Why ask here? Just go to the organization's website, event page, where you can see pre-registrations as they occur, and results a few hours after the tournament, and.....oh, wait, this isn't the PDGA, nevermind.

The revolution is upon us!!

:D:popcorn:

I dont think the event this weekend was part of the "Tour"....from what I gather the actual tour is just the American Open and a future unnamed event.

I dont think the event this weekend was part of the "Tour"....from what I gather the actual tour is just the American Open and a future unnamed event.

Right. Just an ADGT event, run by Salient. But not a tour event.

The tour is 2 pro events and 2 am events, though beyond the American Open they haven't been announced. And, of course, the American Open is no longer a pro-only event.

Interestingly, two future events on the ADGT events page are also listed with the PDGA. Since I'm probably playing in one, I'll be curious to see what rules apply.

Things are picking up, Dick's Sporting Goods is now a sponsor and El Guapo Baskets donated baskets for the winners of the pro and am divisions. Player's packs are up to $400.

$400 Players Pack Value: (Ember 2.0 Special Edition Disc Golf Backpack, Baendit Modular Sunglasses, Embroidered Performance Polo, 3 Disc Golf Discs, Personalized Towel, DICK's Sporting Goods Gift Card, plus many other assorted items)

Last edited:
When the gift card just ends up being a discount card...better yet they will probably just hand out the advertisements they send out in the mail!