• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Odd that they haven't mentioned the Texas Open, anywhere that I can see. You'd think they'd be making a big deal of it. Meanwhile, the only mention of the PK tournament is on the Salient event page, a page that is fairly hidden on the Salient website, and still shows flyers for 2 events that have already happened, or failed to happen.

I believe they said somewhere that they'll be waiting for the ESPN results of the American Open to schedule the second pro tour event. Though the American Open is no longer strictly a pro event.

I just saw it show up on the DFW Facebook Group. I haven't heard anything of it elsewhere.

It seems odd that the ADGT guys aren't promoting it, on their facebook or website. Presumably, the first non-Salient event to affiliate with or sanction through the ADGT. If I were in their shoes, I think I'd be touting it.

It seems odd that the ADGT guys aren't promoting it, on their facebook or website. Presumably, the first non-Salient event to affiliate with or sanction through the ADGT. If I were in their shoes, I think I'd be touting it.

It is odd, because obviously these events are not selling themselves, not by a long shot. The word is out to be very wary, and enter at your own risk.(If you even know about it).

Fun story with Salient:

I was the first one to order a full 18 Liberty baskets. Our new course in Colorado Springs was the first course in the world to have all Salient Liberties. Three of our four local news channels did stories on the new course and two of them actually mentioned Salient by name. So did a local newspaper.

Salient has yet to mention it, despite my emails to the owner and posts on their page.

These guys couldnt use publicity if it slapped them directly in the face.

Fun story with Salient:

I was the first one to order a full 18 Liberty baskets. Our new course in Colorado Springs was the first course in the world to have all Salient Liberties. Three of our four local news channels did stories on the new course and two of them actually mentioned Salient by name. So did a local newspaper.

Salient has yet to mention it, despite my emails to the owner and posts on their page.

These guys couldnt use publicity if it slapped them directly in the face.

How are the baskets holding up? Do you like them? The tops look kind of funky, a band to cover up that funkiness would help. If you can say, what was the total cost and why did you choose those baskets above everything else? Were you feverish at the time? :p

How are the baskets holding up? Do you like them? The tops look kind of funky, a band to cover up that funkiness would help. If you can say, what was the total cost and why did you choose those baskets above everything else? Were you feverish at the time? :p

I actually dont mind them. I spin putt, pretty hard, and they catch just as well as anything. A lot of people in the club complain about spitouts because of the chains. I dont know if its due to putting style or what. They are holding up structurally okay, but the red paint is already chipping on every basket. The top isn't an issue, but the stock number plates with the lame alien head are totally heinous. Luckily we had a guy to cover them up.

I cant recall the entire cost. It was way cheaper than anything else offered (they have since changed the price and they are no longer affordable). We ordered them way back last spring when I was still on the Salient Squad. At that time it looked like they were turning things around....within a couple months they were back to their old tricks though.

I will say this: their baskets are better than their shoes and bags, as far as quality goes.

Not sure what model this guy bought but I played a course recently with Salient baskets and they reminded me of basic Disc Nation baskets which are not great at catching. If you are building a course and want people to play it and eventually have sanctioned tournaments, go with DGA or Arroyo baskets or wait until you have the funds for these. Like in life, you get what you pay for.

Not sure what model this guy bought but I played a course recently with Salient baskets and they reminded me of basic Disc Nation baskets which are not great at catching. If you are building a course and want people to play it and eventually have sanctioned tournaments, go with DGA or Arroyo baskets or wait until you have the funds for these. Like in life, you get what you pay for.

We already have 18 Discatchers to be installed, I was just curious about the Salient baskets but not interested in getting them for a course. Not real thrilled with where they're going in, but that's another story.

They remind you of the basic Disc Nation baskets because that's what they are. Try to keep up.

If these are the "gold level" baskets alluded to for the ADGT I can see them not being popular. Hopefully they have a design that at least has better chains.

If these are the "gold level" baskets alluded to for the ADGT I can see them not being popular. Hopefully they have a design that at least has better chains.

My reading of it tells me the "Gold Level" baskets have never been seen before- a brand new design.
They're looking for a manufacturer for these baskets that Salient has made, and will "debut" at the May event.
They already have a manufacturer for the alien-head diamond-shape-chain-rack clangy things.

My reading of it tells me the "Gold Level" baskets have never been seen before- a brand new design.
They're looking for a manufacturer for these baskets that Salient has made, and will "debut" at the May event.
They already have a manufacturer for the alien-head diamond-shape-chain-rack clangy things.

Like I said, the Liberties arent that bad. Just very basic. The chain quality is hot garbage, but the basket is deep and the top nubs are better than a chastity belt.

The Gold level better be a helluva lot better though. The Liberties arent terrible, but they for sure arent worthy of a big event like the American Open is touted to be.

...The Gold level better be a helluva lot better though...

Wow they are, just found a top secret pic of the new Gold Level baskets called the Seal Catchers! (One free seal included with each basket, no warranty though). :p

OWrDdxa.jpg

I think these are going to adjustable baskets, with the width of the top chain rack adjustable to a smaller size.

will someone at least be live tweeting the PK event this weekend?!?

That says potential "car giveaway".

I would say the word potential followed by quotation marks around "car giveaway" is suspect as hell, considering the company "giving away" the car doesn't exist anymore.

Hole-in-1 insurance is pretty affordable.

Latest posts