• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

12661777_10153894299713686_1119054366155743630_n.jpg

From the Buyer Feedback Page on Facebook

Feedback for Salient discs.... Not negative... Just not what i expected.
I ordered 2 liquid metal lock jaws.
They came in a simple blue bag with fragile Barely legible across the back (pic included)
No dings or scratches just 2 discs in a blue bag. Not bad. Could have been worse...could have been better.
But when i opened it...and flipped the discs over.... MADE IN CHINA.
Made in china...i had no idea...now im thinking how in the hell do i get made in china off my discs that i fully planned on putting straight into my bag. And to be honest.. I prolly wouldnt have put $40 into a disc company that has thier discs made in china.

Who gives a flying **** about it being made in China?

1) It's common knowledge that Salient is partnered with Yikun
2) Salient has never hid that fact
3) Most of their discs still have Yikun tooling on the inside

I swear, y'all will ****ing nitpick every ****ing thing these guys do wrong in your eyes. The fact that they are still in business after thr Catalyst fiasco and the fake lawyer bull**** is beyond me. Or that they somehow survived threatening fake lawsuits using fake lawyers with fake emails.

But a disc being made in China and shipped in a plain envelope? Please. That doesnt even make the top 50 of ****ed up things Salient has done.

I do.

Besides, the company running the American Disc Golf Tour ordering their discs from China is pretty ironic, lol!

I understand lots of goods are made in China, but I do my part to avoid it when possible.

Forced labor and thievery of patented ideas ain't cool...

It's not the end of the world, but it is the icing on the cake.

I swear, y'all will ****ing nitpick every ****ing thing these guys do wrong in your eyes. The fact that they are still in business after thr Catalyst fiasco and the fake lawyer bull**** is beyond me. Or that they somehow survived threatening fake lawsuits using fake lawyers with fake emails.

But a disc being made in China and shipped in a plain envelope? Please. That doesnt even make the top 50 of ****ed up things Salient has done.

Wait, what?

Look at the list of sponsors for the US Open (tennis or golf), there are plenty of non-US companies there. And plenty of US companies that have manufacturing in China.

I do.

Besides, the company running the American Disc Golf Tour ordering their discs from China is pretty ironic, lol!

I understand lots of goods are made in China, but I do my part to avoid it when possible.

Forced labor and thievery of patented ideas ain't cool...

It's not the end of the world, but it is the icing on the cake.

We tend to pass over this all to easily. There's a reason American companies go to China and third world countries, they can treat the workers there in ways we'd never tolerate here. Then we wonder why people from other countries don't like us....

Ummmmmm, uhhhhhhhh:

From, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-106344.html

Salient-ScottP
06-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to let everyone know a little bit about this partnership. All Salient discs purchased in the US are still made in the US and that will never change. We are NOT partnering with Yikun to produce discs in china. If the discs has a Salient stamp it is produced here in the US. The discs molded in Yikun plastic are still produced in China by Yikun. Discs molded in Salient plastic are still produced by Salient in the US. I just want to make sure it is understood.

To sum this up is Salient stamped discs are US made.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Ummmmmm, uhhhhhhhh:

From, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-106344.html

Salient-ScottP
06-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would like to let everyone know a little bit about this partnership. All Salient discs purchased in the US are still made in the US and that will never change. We are NOT partnering with Yikun to produce discs in china. If the discs has a Salient stamp it is produced here in the US. The discs molded in Yikun plastic are still produced in China by Yikun. Discs molded in Salient plastic are still produced by Salient in the US. I just want to make sure it is understood.

To sum this up is Salient stamped discs are US made.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Pwned.

You can say I got "pwned" all you want, it doesnt change the fact that Salient has done waaaayyyy more messed up stuff than making their discs in China. Of course they lied about it! When have these jackasses ever told the truth?

Seriously. Somebody PLEASE find me one instance where either Scott Poland or Chris Kilgus told ths truth about something regarding Salient Discs or even the American Disc Golf "Tour."

I'll wait.

You can say I got "pwned" all you want, it doesnt change the fact that Salient has done waaaayyyy more messed up stuff than making their discs in China. Of course they lied about it! When have these jackasses ever told the truth?

Seriously. Somebody PLEASE find me one instance where either Scott Poland or Chris Kilgus told ths truth about something regarding Salient Discs or even the American Disc Golf "Tour."

I'll wait.

A conspiracy theorist would have a field day with your whole 'lower the bar so low that nothing Salient does in the future can be justifiably criticized' routine.

BTW, you need to do yoga or something. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much anger inherent in your posts.

Talk about a tempest in a teapot. An almost-2-year-old post from a Salient-non-owner that their discs weren't made in China, when it would matter very little if they are?

I agree with AndyJB that this isn't a top-100 issue with the ADGT. There's so much good stuff to bash, why bash this?

I want to complain that I've defended them many times, and kept my criticism off their Facebook page, and nevertheless been blocked from it. But I won't.

Talk about a tempest in a teapot. An almost-2-year-old post from a Salient-non-owner that their discs weren't made in China, when it would matter very little if they are?

I agree with AndyJB that this isn't a top-100 issue with the ADGT. There's so much good stuff to bash, why bash this?

I want to complain that I've defended them many times, and kept my criticism off their Facebook page, and nevertheless been blocked from it. But I won't.

Wow David, they blocked you? That's even more outrageous than Chinese discs. :confused:

Are you (or any other locals) planning to go watch this in person or actually play?

Wow David, they blocked you? That's even more outrageous than Chinese discs. :confused:

Are you (or any other locals) planning to go watch this in person or actually play?

You mean, besides the local Salient guys?

Of course, I can't speak for the whole community. As far as I know, no one has signed up to play (which wouldn't be surprising, under any circumstances, due to the cost). At least, not yet. The local club president has asked what assistance the club can provide---but I don't know if it's gone beyond his offer.

There is absolutely no discussion in any of the local facebook groups. But who knows what the non-facebook-users are planning?

I won't be watching, for reasons also unrelated to who's running it, or how it's run. I'm not real keen to drive an hour to watch disc golf, especially on a May day when I'd rather be home at Stoney Hill. Even worse, this would be the same hour drive that I make 5 days a week, which I've grown to despise. I might drive an hour in another direction, for the variety, if it were an option.

I should footnote that it's still 2 1/2 months away. Who knows what will happen in that time. When Columbia gets past its big tournament, the Earlewood Classic, on two weekends in March, everyone may jump on the American Open bandwagon.

I've been hoping that the ADGT would change their model, and thought they've made some tweaks and concessions, it's still mostly the original formula.

Including the extremely whitewashed Facebook page.