• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Are there any courtesy violations? Rules about player conduct? Rules about interference, or playing defense? I don't recall, though am too rushed to check right now. I hope not, because I've got some ideas to liven things up on TV.
Flamethrower hazards and hula-hoop mandos.

Not that I can tell. Although I think the TD and designated officials can pretty much DQ you for anything. So that should discourage shenanigans.

You pay up to $375 and they can DQ you for anything they feel like, even if it's not in the rules?

It would be cool to see all players carry yellow flags like in the NFL, and throw their respective flags for violations. The pdga may want in on that idea, it's gold. :thmbup:

This is the best idea I've heard yet!

Like VisionQuest perhaps

VQ has theirs more along side - which is definitely epic for the players, awesome that they're able to integrate that into the course.

Bald Eagle the zip lines are above the holes, so it doesn't work well to disc and zip (since you are always either zipping or on a tree platform or a sky bridge, it works to bring a few discs and throw them at holes 1-4, but you'd have to walk back up from the end, which is on hole 5 to hole out

But for being a heckler, they could be epic

They should just come out and say all pdga rules apply, with the exception of the ones we've made up to make ESPN happy.

When was the wording below added? Looks like they listened to feedback...

Please take the time to educate yourself on ADGT rule changes; misconception is the rules are totally different from standard PDGA rules. Reality is only minimal changes that make the game better for new viewers for TV based on ESPN3 standards have been established which include:
1. Increasing the the "inside the circle" putt distance from 10meters to 50ft
2. More generous stance rules on run ups from outside the circle making stance violations easier to spot and who is able to call a foot fault

Looks like they're up to 13 players now!!! Only a matter of time before they have three cards filled!:clap:

That's 13 more people then they had show up to the last C tier they put on! These guys are making moves

Let's not blow it out of proportion. I believe they had 9 pre-registered for that C-tier. So they're only 4 ahead of that pace.

Then again, it is still 3½ months out, and a month before the sure-to-be-unchanging registration deadline.

What about the first event in 3 weeks??

Good question. Is there any information, anywhere, other than the listing on the ADGT site? And the assumption that it's at Pendleton King from the "PK" in the name?

I haven't seen anything, including on the DiscGolfAugusta Facebook page. It's listed as a Salient event, but there's not even a mention on the Salient facebook page or website. (The Salient website events page is a bit, uh, out of date. I wonder if they made those year-end payouts? http://salient-discs.com/events/ )

But, hey, if it's at Pendleton King, there must be a hundred disc golfers who believe that's the greatest course in the world. That's a built-in market, right there.

I hope they paint a 50' circle around each basket, otherwise I can see people jump putting from around 50' forgetting the 50' putting rule.

They finally answered this question on facebook -- sort of -- no details but at least they agree something needs to be done:

Peter Mercil So is there any plan to have the 50 foot "putting circle" marked or measurable in any way? 50 feet is a long way to eyeball, and a lot harder to eyeball accurately then the 10m circle. I can def see arguing about "inside or outside" if there isn't a way to mark it.
1 · January 28 at 7:11pm

American Disc Golf Tour
American Disc Golf Tour There is a plan to do so Peter

I'd do flags or something along those lines, myself. But I'm not on the Advisory Committee.

Well, I wouldn't stretch the circle to 50', I'd abolish it, but if I felt compelled to have one and mark it on a golf course, I'd do it with something that can easily be removed.

Latest posts