• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I believe they said somewhere that payouts will be announced in April. (After registration closes, make of that what you will).

Scott only said he was going to work on the rules. He may not be involved, or know much of anything, about the rest of this stuff---even if he were inclined to answer.

Perhaps a misunderstanding, but the ADGT guys never claimed ESPN was providing a production crew. From the beginning, they said ESPN had production standards, and the ADGT would have to meet them. They said early on that they would be hiring a production crew to meet those standards. Perhaps the misunderstanding came from the statement that they would need a suitable venue, with power and upload capabilities.

Then again, there's this:

"Be a part of Disc Golf history with the first ESPN produced professional disc golf event!!"

Then again, there's this:

"Be a part of Disc Golf history with the first ESPN produced professional disc golf event!!"

I can see where some folks might infer from this sentence that ESPN is not only involved in the broadcast but also putting on the event itself. After all, it doesn't say "ESPN produced broadcast" it says "ESPN produced...event".

Either it's a carelessly worded sentence with unintended meaning or it's a carefully worded sentence intended to deceive the naive. In either case, it doesn't engender confidence in the product.

Perhaps the Salient guys would be willing to help me write up a law suit about this....

Come April 1st I think it's going to be revealed that this has just been a huge April Fools Day joke.

Come April 1st I think it's going to be revealed that this has just been a huge April Fools Day joke.

Actually it's looking like it will most likely sell out so odds are it's going to happen. And they are implementing suggestions mentioned in this thread, but that may just be a coincidence. I'm curious to see the specific course layout since it's apparently been designed. I'd like to see pics of each hole with temp baskets in place and hole lengths listed. A couple people could get that done in a day and would go a long way to generate more interest.

Either it's a carelessly worded sentence with unintended meaning or it's a carefully worded sentence intended to deceive the naive. In either case, it doesn't engender confidence in the product.

I'm certain it's the former. Nothing on that website is carefully worded.

Since they opened up Am registration I bet it does, in fact, come close to filling. The Salient Squad are ravenous and I know of at least two significantly sized groups making plans to travel there to play the event.

The Salient Squad kept that company afloat...seems like they will be doing the same for the Salient tour.

Since they opened up Am registration I bet it does, in fact, come close to filling. The Salient Squad are ravenous and I know of at least two significantly sized groups making plans to travel there to play the event.

The Salient Squad kept that company afloat...seems like they will be doing the same for the Salient tour.

So if this "full" event has <20 Open division players and a whole slew of Ams, is it really the big step we needed to "bring disc golf mainstream"?

It sounds like a typical local C-tier, only with ridiculously high entry fees and cameras.

This "tour" is built on the dream of televised disc golf. No one wants to tune in to see a bunch of amateurs at disc golf fantasy camp.

Nothing about this event is going to make disc golf mainstream. Its a fringe sport on a fringe channel using a fringe delivery system.

I dont know why everyone keeps ganging up when someone points out some logical. I hate Salient. I hate Chris Kilgus. I want them to fail. But that doesnt mean this event wont end up being something, or having some influence down the line. Hell, they are at least symbolically trying to correct the damage they've done so far. And they're learning...look at Scott. He posted here, quickly realized we were almost all against him, and was smart enough to break away and not give us more fuel.

Its still months away and there is an off chance that this wont be a total disaster.

But I can promise there will be no Tour.

This "tour" is built on the dream of televised disc golf. No one wants to tune in to see a bunch of amateurs at disc golf fantasy camp.

I don't know, reality television does pretty well. I don't watch it, but I hear that many do. Maybe they should vote a player off every hole?

I don't know, reality television does pretty well. I don't watch it, but I hear that many do. Maybe they should vote a player off every hole?

this i would watch.

they could play Ript Revenge as challenges to win immunity

10 players, $1000 entry each. 9 holes. Winner take all.

Person with worst score each hole is eliminated. In the event of a tie, sudden-death putt-off starting at 20 feet and backing up 5 or 10 feet each putt.

Let me guess, the final 2 or 3 would decide to split it evenly anyway. Pansies.

$150 Entry gets you 10 DX Wahoos in your players pack. Trophy only.

Hey, now. That's R-Pro, not DX. :)

Unless Innova is making a special run of DX Wahoos for the ADGT, that is. :p

Of course, I do have a special run Champion Wahoo. So maybe they are. :D

Last edited:
Frankly I have seen no reason why Salient can not pull off this event. The amount of anti-Salient rhetoric with little to back it up. Sure there have been some that had a bad customer experience but how does that show us their competency to run a tournament?

You have three or four world renown DGer's assisting with the design and the event. That is far more talent and experience than at the Aussie Open but there was little said about that one. As for course design I'd take the proposed course design of Wysocki, Feldberg and Crump any day over Chris Finn's AO design which was essentially a simple wide open huckers course.

Personally I am looking forward to the event. If I was wanting to be critical it would be the lack of coverage for most holes as they are only going to cover 5 holes(?) I believe.

Still it will be a better event than either of the Czech or Estonian events the WDGT is putting on.

Frankly I have seen no reason why Salient can not pull off this event. The amount of anti-Salient rhetoric with little to back it up. Sure there have been some that had a bad customer experience but how does that show us their competency to run a tournament?

You have three or four world renown DGer's assisting with the design and the event. That is far more talent and experience than at the Aussie Open but there was little said about that one. As for course design I'd take the proposed course design of Wysocki, Feldberg and Crump any day over Chris Finn's AO design which was essentially a simple wide open huckers course.

Personally I am looking forward to the event. If I was wanting to be critical it would be the lack of coverage for most holes as they are only going to cover 5 holes(?) I believe.

Still it will be a better event than either of the Czech or Estonian events the WDGT is putting on.

They're certainly going to pull something off. They have a venue, film crew, and broadcasting outlet. The event is going to happen.

But if just 20 people show up to play, and a few hundred tune in to watch online, have they really accomplished anything?

They dove into this thing expecting the letters E, S, P, and N would be enough to draw in top level talent and a huge fan base. They were dead wrong.

Their entire focus has been on putting together an event that they feel is most attractive to a broadcast audience, rather than putting that effort into making sure it's an event that's attractive to the players. What they didn't plan for was the fact that no one wants to pay $300 for the chance to be on a webcast buried somewhere deep inside the WatchESPN app.

So yes, Salient is going to pull something off, but is it really going to be what they want?

There are two questions that the event and it's supports should have ready answers to:
  1. Why should I play this event?
  2. Why should I watch this event?

If you're going to spin it around and say "Why aren't you going to play?" or "Why aren't you going to watch?" then you've already lost. The onus is not on a consumer to turn down a product, it's on the product to sell to the consumer.