• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

It's certainly what the Orangeburg Disc Golf club has been saying. Reports are that Salient drew 18 players to the event, including 1 from Orangeburg, and perhaps including a couple of the Salient guys themselves. Who knows for sure---results are not posted. But that would be an improvement over the average of the 3 prior Salient/ADGT events, though considerably less than the Orangeburg Club had been averaging (53 over their last 6 events).

All of which means nothing. I'm sure they're the right people to lead disc golf into the mainstream, with their "historic event" in 6 weeks. They've probably been too busy making history to devote their full efforts to these lesser events.

(For what it's worth, the Orangeburg tournament was listed as both a PDGA and ADGT event, and I've yet to get an answer from anyone as to what rules they played by and, if PDGA rules, in what sense it was also ADGT.)

Meanwhile, the ADGT Tour plods on with the Texas Open this weekend. Apparently, the first and only ADGT Tour event run by someone other than Salient. But, hey, it's a tour, just like the NT, WDGT, and PDGT.

It's certainly what the Orangeburg Disc Golf club has been saying. Reports are that Salient drew 18 players to the event, including 1 from Orangeburg, and perhaps including a couple of the Salient guys themselves. Who knows for sure---results are not posted. But that would be an improvement over the average of the 3 prior Salient/ADGT events, though considerably less than the Orangeburg Club had been averaging (53 over their last 6 events).

All of which means nothing. I'm sure they're the right people to lead disc golf into the mainstream, with their "historic event" in 6 weeks. They've probably been too busy making history to devote their full efforts to these lesser events.

(For what it's worth, the Orangeburg tournament was listed as both a PDGA and ADGT event, and I've yet to get an answer from anyone as to what rules they played by and, if PDGA rules, in what sense it was also ADGT.)

It is disappointing that results are not posted nearly seventy-two hours since the conclusion of the event but I did hear there was not a MM1 division but we did not have one at MB either this year due to small attendance. I would have thought the TD would have gotten out in front of this to mention why the delay for scores so hopefully all is good with these guys and not some form of emergency preventing them from posting. In this day and age of technology, every TD or designee should have scores posted within a couple of hours of each round or at least by Sunday evening at the latest. I did hear feedback that players liked the course changes and some holes were pretty cool. Also, it sounds like the event was fun. Most players came from Charleston (including long time members of our club) and enjoy playing and being around each other so that possibly opens the door to bash Charleston now.

The tour standards for a C-tier are to have results posted within 24 hours.

But that said, I consider it an extremely minor matter. Before the guidelines were tightened up, I was notoriously slow to post results, myself. I figure the people who were there know what happened, and the rest of the world can wait a few days. Unofficial round ratings are interesting to those who played, but they're just the unofficial ratings.

And not to bash them, but they don't have results up for the ADGT event at Pendleton King 6 weeks ago, either. It wasn't a PDGA event, so they have no obligation, but you'd think they'd post something on one of their websites or facebook pages or somewhere. Or perhaps they have, and I haven't stumbled across it.

"American Disc Golf Tour is the foremost tour in quality disc golf tournaments."

---and now that I know that, I humbly apologize for anything negative I've posted.

"American Disc Golf Tour is the foremost tour in quality disc golf tournaments."

---and now that I know that, I humbly apologize for anything negative I've posted.

I'm not going hunting around on their website or Facebook...do they really say that somewhere?

No matter who is behind the tour or what their history is, that statement is a ballsy and deceptive thing to say about a "tour" that hasn't actually had an event yet. Sure, allegedly there have been a couple events but until there are published results, did they really happen?

I'm not going hunting around on their website or Facebook...do they really say that somewhere?

No matter who is behind the tour or what their history is, that statement is a ballsy and deceptive thing to say about a "tour" that hasn't actually had an event yet. Sure, allegedly there have been a couple events but until there are published results, did they really happen?

Seems very much like the American way. BS'em with BS and they'll eat it up! Marketing wouldn't have been as successful as it has in this country if everyone was actually half-intelligent.
And come on Josh, you're last sentence is akin to 'If a tree falls in the forest...' ;)

Yup....right on their website

Don't forget, this is the same company that came up with Angular Momentum Expansion (AME) technology.

Current list of registered pros:

Pro
----------------------
Ricky Wysocki
David Feldberg
Barry Schultz
Nikko Locastro
Devan Owens
Charlie Goodpasture
Scott Poland
Matt House
Zack Rogers
Jacob Lindekugel
Tim Mirabel
Kathleen Morrison
Anthony Siefker
Nicklaus Davis

They lost MJ?

Good for them that they didn't stick with the original plan, but instead invited the Ams in. The expected storm of Pro registrations didn't quite pan out.

Where's Steve Rico? He vlog'd with the Terry that he was "going to that one in South Carolina", resulting in the best 4-way eye roll in history.

Latest posts