• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

it wasn't a complete train wreck/dumpster fire like some expected... There were definitely some positives to come out of it. (along with the negatives).
Please list some or any of the positives to come out of this event. I must have missed them. Streaming on ESPN3 for a couple hundred viewers is not a positive BTW.

Please list some or any of the positives to come out of this event. I must have missed them. Streaming on ESPN3 for a couple hundred viewers is not a positive BTW.

Demonstrating the possibilities of a higher quality video feed?

Spreading the truth about Salient to a wider audience?

If nothing else, a lot of the players had a good time.

Right; players were happy, precedent for more golf courses to allow for disc golf, higher quality video, it wasn't all bad by any means.

Right; players were happy, precedent for more golf courses to allow for disc golf, higher quality video, it wasn't all bad by any means.

I went on vacation.
Got food poisoning.
Spent 3 days in the bathroom
The bathroom window had a nice view of the ocean.
Hey, it wasn't all bad.

Well,Im not exactly going to stick up for Salient here, but they were able to pull off a much bigger event than they ever have before, and were able to draw some big names at that. To boot, I can't find a single pro, even the bottom of the barrel, who played have a problem with the event itself. Ricky,MJ, Barry and Devan got paid actual money and it wasnt a pittance, either. They did get a broadcast out there...I refuse to watch but the people who have said it's just as good as any disc golf broadcast before it.

All of that is what makes it so bizarre that they would have a very public meltdown after the event. Given their personalities and previous behavior modes, I would expect Boucher, Doctor Kilgus and the remaining members of the Salient Squad to be running around with their chests puffed out like roosters. I would expect them to be blowing up Facebook with their triumph...and dispatching their PR guy to these forums and Reddit to say "we did...we told you we would. We proved you wrong and we have grown the sport while you tried to hold us back"

But...but they havent. Instead they have insulted Goodpasture,Vicich and now Avery...they have been dropping the ban hammer but have gone otherwise media silent. Lat64 somehow got the footage of Devan's ace and shared it....but no one from Salient has! Its totally bizarre.

I went on vacation.
Got food poisoning.
Spent 3 days in the bathroom
The bathroom window had a nice view of the ocean.
Hey, it wasn't all bad.

That's the spirit!

Anyone remeber them saying ams would get on ESPN?

I remeber a statement from adgt stating that the top ams would be on ESPN , can any one ba k. This up with screen. Shot or even remeber the same?

I remeber a statement from adgt stating that the top ams would be on ESPN , can any one ba k. This up with screen. Shot or even remeber the same?

I'm about 80% sure I read that.

In the Facebook thread started by Avery Jenkins, there are about a half-dozen Ams who played and are 100% sure. They say they were told of the change at the players meeting. They are not happy. Not a bit.

The problem is, it's not the sort of thing someone one have screenshotted. You do that for the intemperate remarks, and the good subjects for future ridicule. It might not occur to you to screenshot the tournament agenda.

Hooters???

Damn, Kilgus is ingenious!

By time traveling the sport back to the 1980s, he has legitimized his company's claim of being 'the first to offer disc golf discs, bags, shoes and baskets.'

Only thing that would have made this better would have been if someone won an car by hitting a ace.

But...but they havent. Instead they have insulted Goodpasture,Vicich and now Avery....

Is there a screen shot of that? I was reading the thread on his FB, but I didn't see any vitriol thrown his way.

Dang ya'll, just caught up on this thread after being off the grid most of the weekend. Can't believe I missed the fun.

Since I didn't see the anticipated level of heckling for this post, just thought I'd bring it back from obscurity:

why so critical? if someone hits that ace you can beat ur disc they'll get the car and it will make sportscenter top 10. this could be what dg needs :clap:

...Currently (as I type this), that is still the account's only post, and with a May 2016 join date to boot.

You guys are definitely wrong. This isn't a train wreck, no train wreck is nearly this entertaining. I'm bettin' this would make Dr. Phil. So, Kilgus, tell us how you feel?

Is there a screen shot of that? I was reading the thread on his FB, but I didn't see any vitriol thrown his way.

The attack on Charlie apparently got deleted but I'm sure there is a shot of it. Stuart of the flight record has about 5 post going on his personal fb page and they are great Kilgus did post in them as well.

The attack on Charlie apparently got deleted but I'm sure there is a shot of it. Stuart of the flight record has about 5 post going on his personal fb page and they are great Kilgus did post in them as well.

Yeah. I've seen the screenshot of the attack on Charlie. I just didn't see anything toward Avery.

Looks like I was mistaken.

I could have swore Kilgus said something about Avery, but I cant find it and no one screen shotted it. Guess I, just like many others, got a little too caught up in the circus.