• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

This was 50 spectators to a totally unknown sport at the time in a country where the current BDGA membership was about 70 with maybe 20 courses around the country. In that context it was a lot of people to rock up to an out of the way location out of curiosity. i believe others turned away as the car parks were full as well. Where we failed miserably was to really engage with any of them as we hadn't expected it and were left not really knowing what the hell to do! The point is, advertise and promote it well and you can get people to view.

Did the ADGT get any local television coverage before the event? Any local press coverage? Anything? Feels like a massive marketing miss if not (amongst many many others)

Pfft Steve Boucher don't advertise Brah. His events draw people by sheer quality and word of mouth........

I don't know if anyone noticed, but apparently the key to socki beating McBeth is to play an ADGT event just before the matchup.

So, there was an ADGT event last year just before the Vibram? Maybe they are getting a bit better with their advertising and promotion. I never heard a peep about that event last year.

It's been odd how quiet all of the salient and adgt pages. I wonder if this drama and the event itself finally broke them

Not to mention the silence of their "50,000 live viewers", 49,998 of whom haven't been inspired enough to find the ADGT page to say anything at all about the experience.

I did a survey with my 3rd graders and one question was 'Within the last month, how much reading have you done?' - This is highly entertaining reading for me.

More great wording on eBay if you're picky:

"Use for 3 rounds during ESPN3 live broadcast of American Open."

The live broadcast was like 90 minutes, it was not 3 days of coverage

I'm surprised they're not trying to sell above retail, trying to play them up as a collector's item.

They're describing them as a piece of history.

And marketing more than 10 from the event seen on ESPN3, though only 5 of them were actually seen.

Since they're pieces of history, I'm curious whether they're holding one back to donate to the disc golf museum at the IDGC.

I'd hate to support the company, but if someone was building a private course. It would be a good price to get 18 baskets for cheap

I was thinking of this, as a practice basket. Same cost as a single-chain Sport, probably a better buy. Especially if you could pick them up locally and avoid the $50 shipping.

I was thinking of this, as a practice basket. Same cost as a single-chain Sport, probably a better buy. Especially if you could pick them up locally and avoid the $50 shipping.
Good luck with that.

Is there any fine print in that listing? I'd be surprised if there's not a surcharge for not being a squad member...

Besides their terrible customer service, does anybody have experience playing on these baskets? Do they catch well at all? It looked like Ricky got like 3 spit outs during the "tournament"

Besides their terrible customer service, does anybody have experience playing on these baskets? Do they catch well at all? It looked like Ricky got like 3 spit outs during the "tournament"

Their durability might be in question.

These are portables, but a course in S.C. bought some permanent ones and they're all falling down. Salient blamed it on installer error. Salient also planted one at another course, sort of a long pin placement, and it's in sad shape as well. The pole or collar bends as you push it, and the chains are rusting.

Don't know about the catching quality but, at $205, I wouldn't expect it to be great, regardless of where it comes from.

Why would they take a picture of it on railroad tracks??? Is that some kind of recommended usage?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-31-13-59-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-31-13-59-39.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 110