• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I'll amuse myself, just imagining what the cover photo on the dust jacket should be.

I'll amuse myself, just imagining what the cover photo on the dust jacket should be.

I would humbly submit the following suggestion:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Oh so many good times here. I almost miss salient sometimes since they gave us so much entertainment

Oh so many good times here. I almost miss salient sometimes since they gave us so much entertainment

Which reminds me that, at the end of 2016 when all the TV networks were doing little bios of celebrities who had died during the year, I amused myself with a posting on the Salient Discs Complaint Center page on Facebook. I should probably share it here, as well:

At the end of the year, a lot of people have been lamenting the loss of entertainers in 2016. The disc golf world lost one our best entertainers as well, so I dug up this review-obituary and pass it along:

COLUMBIA (SC) - Salient Discs passed away in 2016, after a short but memorable career as an internet entertainer in the disc golf world. For several years it had been relegated to being a cult favorite, with a small but enthusiastic fan club of squad members and fictitious attorneys, but in its last year it hit the bigtime with its mega-hit, "The American Disc Golf Tour", along with the solid "Edisto Gardens Re-Design", plus an assortment of memorable facebook posts, none of which will soon be forgotten. Even at the height of its internet disc golf fame, many observers foresaw trouble in its erratic decisions and conduct, and few were surprised by its passing. Services were a small, private affair, conducted in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

Which pretty much summed it up. I doubt we'll find any such entertainment in 2017.

I know longer feel any remorse for having necro-bumped this thread and reminding everyone of the American Disc Golf Tour's existence. It was all worth it.

You have our gratitude.

As well as amusement at the doubly-appropriate use of "necro".

Hey look, they're 50% off! And they have sharks on them! Definitely a case where an OOP Disc is going to get more valuable over time.

On a serious note, were the discs actually decent? I know the shoes and backpacks were cheaply made, but how were the discs? I'm not going to buy any, just curious.

Apparently some of the discs were decent. I knew some people who liked 1 or 2 molds, and would include them in their bags. (Non-Salient-squad members). Nothing dazzling or earth-shaking or revolutionary, but "must haves" but "keepers". Seemed to me to be mid-ranges, mostly.

Then again, it seems every disc from every manufacturer, even the most often derided, has people who like it.