• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Analyze This! What You Carry and Why

three putt just wanted to let u know that the firebird will do the same thing if not worse than what his wraith I doing now
Very true point, so to clarify...Should you have a very overstable disc in your bag? Yes. However, the Wraith is not a very overstable disc. It is behaving very overstable for him because it is too fast and he doesn't have the power to get it out to where it will glide. In that case it will behave unpredictably overstable. A Firebird or Predator will act overstable because they ARE overstable, and are super predictable. So I'd expect they would be a more dependable hyzer disc for him.

hey tomjulio got an idea for u how bout u jump off that 15 story building how bout when u get to souix falls south dakota at tut hill park u give me a call and I will show u why im so good and u can go back to ur redneck trailor court and cry because u wasted all that time and money to get ur ass wooped

Over the top.

No need for anyone to get their undies in a bunch :D

But seriously...500' with a champ firebird in an indicator of TOP-pro-level skills, which is typically unheard of for people who have been playing for a short time. Don't take it personal or anything, its just that those figures you posted are totally out of the norm, and I can completely understand why others would think you might be mistaken. Again, nothing personal here...500' with ANY disc is awesome, and considering the Firebird's flight pattern, getting 500' with it is just flat out amazing...but admittedly a little hard to swallow.

What kind of line are you throwing it on to get that distance? Also, just curious, how are you measuring that distance?

hey tomjulio got an idea for u how bout u jump off that 15 story building how bout when u get to souix falls south dakota at tut hill park u give me a call and I will show u why im so good and u can go back to ur redneck trailor court and cry because u wasted all that time and money to get ur ass wooped

Wow, someone is sensitive and young. Over the top response to a bit of playfulness.

I think we are about to have our first fight club match!

picture.php

Last edited:
Thanks guys -- just killing time whilst "working" ;)

Do you have a bigger version of this?
I want to make it my Facebook pic, my MySpace pic, my DGCR pic, my Christmas cards for the family pic...you get the idea.

Insane.

three putt just wanted to let u know that the firebird will do the same thing if not worse than what his wraith I doing now anyway here are my two cent on this question-
I am 6 feet 6 inches tall and throw rhbh my farthest measured throw is 538 ft 6 1/3 inches with and average or 460 to 470

175 star gator- this disc is my putter I can make 8 out of en puttss within 55 ft wit it
177 star shark- best midrange disc available
175 star max- thumber disc about 200 ft(not good at them)
173 discraft flick- this is my wndy day in ur face disc I can throw thi disc 450 feet easy over and over again with a 30mph headwind
175 star teerex(2x)- easily could be best drivver on the market this is my s shot disc
175 star destroyer(2x)- most understable disc I have great for
flip shots to get max d on calm days
175 star excaliber- I have really not thrown this yet let u now when I do
175 star teebird- straightest disc for me no fade no turn just straight
175 star wraith- quickly becoming my favorite disc aced a 382 foot hole to the right behind trees and nailed the chains and stuck
175 champion firebird- my favorite disc its the first seriouse disc I bought and easily flies 500 ft 7 out of 10 times also with deadly acuracy I cann place any of my disc anywhere I want I shoot an averaage of 13 under on a course that averages 354 ft a hole

well those are them and what's everyones honest max distance just curious cause I have only been playing for a little under a year and have been contemplating getting really serious about it

Anybody else smell something? or need taller boots? I know who needs spell check.

I know y'all are having fun with the pissing contest, but I wanna drag this thread back on course to make a suggestion to a couple of folks. Take it for what it's worth ($0), but you might find it useful.

The earlier posters who said they have a hard time throwing much over 300' might benefit from throwing lighter discs. For example, mmmatt might find he can throw a 160-something Orc farther and straighter than his 170-something Orc. My 160-something Wraith that I lost a few months ago was much longer off the tee for me than the 175g Wraith I just bought a couple of weeks ago to replace it. The heavier one is more predictable, and it's great for drives where I want a late fade, but it's turned out to be my shortest driver rather than my longest one.

I think you should spend less time working on disc golf and more time with your "English as a second language" course. :p

LMAO

Bro, I am so tired trying to cram all these courses in on one trip, I am lucky to even read that is was totally messed up. :D

I think you can really improve your game with a more realistic approach to your drivers.

cc0049 has been telling me the same thing. So I have tried to get hold of a Jaguar for a while now, and finally won one on eBay. I will try out the Banshee. I really do score fairly well with just 3 or 4 discs. SO, I will look into the "do it all in one" helper disc and really try to learn it. Thanks for the info bro, I don't think "Thank You" really does it, so let me know if you need anything....resonable! LOL

Very true point, so to clarify...Should you have a very overstable disc in your bag? Yes. However, the Wraith is not a very overstable disc. It is behaving very overstable for him because it is too fast and he doesn't have the power to get it out to where it will glide. In that case it will behave unpredictably overstable. A Firebird or Predator will act overstable because they ARE overstable, and are super predictable. So I'd expect they would be a more dependable hyzer disc for him.

How does a guy argue with the truth, without looking like an idiot...oh yeah, you don't! He is absolutely right.

170 lightning #1 flyer(strong wind disc)
150 innova dx leopard (anhyzer disc)
175 innova 10x kc pro eagle (headwind disc)
174 innova dx banshee (tomahawk disc)
174 discraft pro-d crush ("s" curve disc)
172 DGA rogue (forehand driver)
165 Millenium jls (tunnel fairway shot)
180 innova san marino roc (forehand midrange)
167 innova dx orc (hyzer disc)
170 innova dx aviar P&A (putter.)

Here's the bag (All Innova) :

JK Aviar-x - 2 (Both 175) (Putting, keep a disc and backup of each mold in the bag)
Star Cro - 2 (172/175) (Short Approach shots)
Star Teebird - 1 (173) Short S-Turn Shots & Tunnel Shots
CE Teebird - 1 (172) " (I don't use it on water holes)
KC Banshee - 2 (174/175) (Thumbers, FH Rollers, Sort tight fairway shots)
Pro Firebirds - 2 (Both 173) (Thumbers, FH Rollers, Straight low shots with right finish)
Star Maxs - 2 (172/175) (Long low shots, Skip Shots, Wind Distance)
Star Whippets - 2 (172/175) (High Thumbers, FH Spike Anhyzers - It flattens, Short Big S-Turns)
Star Destroyer - 2 (Both 171) (Pure Distance, Slight S-Turn preferred line)
Star XCaliber - 2 (172/175) (Distance when windy, Big FH Spike Anhyzer)

Primarily a forehand player, Probably throw over 95% of drives as forehands or thumbers.

I throw around 280-300 feet, primarily LHFH, but throw almost as far with LHBH
Heres whats currently in my bag

ESP Surge (168)- tomahawk disc, FH shot where i need it to not turn over
KC Pro Wraith (179)- Max distance FH, rainy days, more consistant flight than DX
DX Wraith (170)- My baby!!, main max D FH Driver, long flex shots, long FH anhyzers
Champion Beast (175)- Shooting through nasty rocks and trees, FH S curves
Champion Teebird (172)- Straight FH shots, tunnel shots
Pro D XL (171)- Primary BH Driver, BH Hyzers, sharp FH Anhyzers
KC Pro Roc (170)- Straight BH shots, light BH hyzer shots
Star Gator (172)- BH/FH Hyzer shots, layup approaches, putting in the wind, short FH S curves, Roller shots
ESP Banger GT (170)- Putting, approaching

putters
175 med wizard
175 dx aviar
150 dx aviar

mid ranges
180 2006 usdgc eye roc
180 2001 icebowl flat-top roc (so $)
176 10x kc pro roc
180 esp wasp

big dogs
171 star destroyer