• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone else miss regular release plastic?

While it's nice to support the touring pro's, I have no use for max weight $35 (CDN) discs. It would be nice if Lat64 started running Gold Line again, and all manufacturers ran a wider weight range on stock stamp plastic.

While it's nice to support the touring pro's, I have no use for max weight $35 (CDN) discs. It would be nice if Lat64 started running Gold Line again, and all manufacturers ran a wider weight range on stock stamp plastic.

Right? I like 160ish Thunderbirds and good luck with that these days

I agree, especially with Westside discs. I ordered 2 Halloween ones because you can't just go buy a regular Boatman. Same with alot (not all) of their molds as far as I can tell.
I miss Air Westside being readily available as well.

Luckily I have enough plastic to last multiple lifetimes, but I feel for you all. I strongly dislike the "tour series" style intentional CFR stuff. Hell, most players nowadays don't even know the term CFR.

Almost makes me want to create a poll - "Who owns more discs than they could possibly use"

Shrug....I just go to the garage stock, find a close proximity and bag it. There are plenty of molds that are close to your beloved [fill in the blank]. Likely, nobody here is good enough, that their game is going to implode without your brand of stable midrange. Archer>Arrow.

Almost makes me want to create a poll - "Who owns more discs than they could possibly use"

Yeah. I sometimes wonder what number of people posting in these forums have a collection of 1000 discs, 10,000 discs, or much more.

Infinite Discs currently has about 53,000 discs in inventory. Do any dgcr members have a personal inventory greater than this?

I don't expect anyone to freely give info about large disc inventories, however. Because doing so would needlessly put them at risk.

Innova seems to be slightly better than the other manufacturers currently, lots of stock Wraiths and Destroyers on the shelves. New star Wraith run is nice, I got a couple with very mild dome that have a little turn off the shelf and kinda bomb.

Discraft is feeding their new fans with nothing but high price specialty runs, MVP is taking a long, slow pull off the JC teat and who knows if Discmania will ever get to full production.

Full disclosure - I've purchased several DC/DGA specialty discs myself so I'm part of the problem....

Without a doubt Innova has been putting out some good plastic in the stock runs lately. The Star seems a little stiffer. And yes the current run of Star Wraiths is incredible. I've been buying them up in my favorite color. They fly perfect almost immediately for me. Also picked up a Gstar Roadrunner that is stiffer and more domey than any I've ever seen. It's starting off stable with amazing glide. Good thing I mostly throw Innova I guess.

Shrug....I just go to the garage stock, find a close proximity and bag it. There are plenty of molds that are close to your beloved [fill in the blank]. Likely, nobody here is good enough, that their game is going to implode without your brand of stable midrange. Archer>Arrow.

People get so locked into discs they don't realize that there are others you will be able to get the same flight out of. I bag interchangeably; Leopard3/Patriots, Firebirds/Felons and can use a variety of high speed stuff.

I agree. I bag ~9 discs. But I have 127 total. Every now and then, I will pick a speed range (like 4 and 5 speed), and take all my discs with those speeds to a field and throw them. Then the best of them will go into my bag. I also take my bag out every now and then to throw all the bagged discs...that way I see if I have any which do the same thing as another. For example, if my 6 speed disc flies the same as my 7 speed, one will come out.

I even have my 'shelved' discs arranged so I can find discs quickly.

Top shelf left is low weights, middle is glow and then the putters I'm most likely to use, then on the right are the "collectors" - signed discs, special tournament discs, discontinued discs (one is a Turbo Putter). Next shelf, overstable to the left, stable/understable to the right. All discs are also ordered by speed within their group.

Will I ever throw them all....probably not, especially the higher speed discs - but one day I might. I might also trade them for other discs that I will use.

Attachments

• Discs.jpg
    Discs.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 36
Just to prove your point: What's CFR mean?

;-)

Custom Fund Raiser. All event stamps are CFR, and lots of them are now non-production plastic blends as well, or even custom molds. All Tour Series, Ledgestone, etc. runs are CFR. See: OP's post.

The most excited I've been for a "release/re-stock" in the past two years is when stock Z Comets were put up on Infinite a couple of months ago.

I agree. I bag ~9 discs. But I have 127 total. Every now and then, I will pick a speed range (like 4 and 5 speed), and take all my discs with those speeds to a field and throw them. Then the best of them will go into my bag. I also take my bag out every now and then to throw all the bagged discs...that way I see if I have any which do the same thing as another. For example, if my 6 speed disc flies the same as my 7 speed, one will come out.

I even have my 'shelved' discs arranged so I can find discs quickly.

Top shelf left is low weights, middle is glow and then the putters I'm most likely to use, then on the right are the "collectors" - signed discs, special tournament discs, discontinued discs (one is a Turbo Putter). Next shelf, overstable to the left, stable/understable to the right. All discs are also ordered by speed within their group.

Will I ever throw them all....probably not, especially the higher speed discs - but one day I might. I might also trade them for other discs that I will use.

You don't have a problem. I carry 45 discs and have 400+. Maybe 500 now, not sure really.

I just want stock Titanium runs again, especially of the Buzzz.

I miss being able to spray practice throws all over the woods, lose a bunch of discs, and say, "Oh well, I'll order more."

Yeah, that was fun. :|

Ti is a good Buzzz. Ti Wasp for me as well, please. Something in 168-171 range. Lighter weights are so much more workable. Heck, I'd even take a stock Z but they've only been available in 175+ just like MD3 and EMac Truth. I don't throw mids often but lack of stock plastic preferred weights in the recent past have me sticking with the discounted CFRs I've been able to find: OG Ti EMac Wasp (168), and Proto ESP Malta (165). So be it, I guess.

And I pull them out of my bag if there's a chance I'll lose them on a particular course.

Last edited:
Just to prove your point: What's CFR mean?

;-)

I always thought it meant CANDY Fundraiser. Like selling candy to raise money for an event or charity. That's how it's used on a few sites selling CFR stuff, too.

But, yes, they are "custom-stamped" discs for a tournament, etc. I'm an older player, so that's the term we used in the late 1990s. Well, I hope I'm not THAT old.

Latest posts