• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else not like using putters or have a hard time with them?

How do people (and OP) grip your putters? I've found a power grip horrible to put with, or even more than 2 fingers on the rim. I either release to early or too late when I use too many fingers.

Again trying to find something at my desk to grip and give an accurate description...

I put one finger on the rim with thumb on top, then I fan out the other three fingers along the bottom of the disc. This helps for stability on my my putts personally.

If I want more speed and power on the putt, like they are talking about a on the first and second page, I change the grip up a little bit. I put one finger on the lip (index) then the middle finger fans a little bit, and the ring finger sits on the rim edge. Usually my middle finger is butted up behind my ring finger, but not on the lip. My pinky finger just curls up into my hand.

You know I actually started using my goblin this week for putting. I was pretty decent at putting with my dx aviar, but when I would miss and I would throw the goblin in frustration it always seemed to go in, so now i use it for approach and putting. Im hitting some long putts now.

You know I actually started using my goblin this week for putting. I was pretty decent at putting with my dx aviar, but when I would miss and I would throw the goblin in frustration it always seemed to go in, so now i use it for approach and putting. I'm hitting some long putts now.

My Step Son uses the Goblin as an approach disc, and he does quite well with it.

Since my wife left her XD in #9s basket on tuesday she had to play with something else last night. (She got it back this morning though!!).

I gave her the SS Voodoo and she really did well, she said she missed the XD for approaches though.

I actually tried to use my putters, a DX Polecat and a Power JUJU, last time I was out and I hit just about every putt. I usually use my DX Wolf for my approach disc as well as my mid-range.

The grip I use is like a power grip, but with my index finger on the rim. It works fine for me.

Sometimes you have to put your old putter to the side, and try something new.

My brother used to use a Champ Aviar till he lost it. I gave him a Soft Magnet and his putting improved 50%.

My friend also used a Pole Cat all the time, and I gave him a Soft Magnet, and he has made some really awesome long putts with it.

I am not getting on my Magnet soap box, I am just saying, and sometimes if your current putter is not working, you might want to try something else.

If you're looking for straight- Polecat. These things are weird in your hands but they go dead straight. I don't find them useful because i like being able to have a little fade on a putter so i can get around trees and such easier and just learn to throw them straight when needed- but a polecat is pretty straight.

I usually putt with a Champion Aviar, but was playing with a guy a couple weeks back that attributed his good putting to his Skeeter. I went out and found a used one for cheap, and have been feeling much more comfortable putting. I'm not throwing the Aviar out of the bag just yet, but my philosophy is to do what's working for you, not everyone else.

If you're looking for straight- Polecat. These things are weird in your hands but they go dead straight. I don't find them useful because i like being able to have a little fade on a putter so i can get around trees and such easier and just learn to throw them straight when needed- but a polecat is pretty straight.

You can get the similar results with the XD, except you can make an XD go around trees and things. Its very hard to turn a Polecat.

I found a champion coyote the other week.. that is about the best disc I've ever thrown for putting. I too hate putting. My buddy found a disc craft buzz. he doesn't miss within a certain range and its killing me!

Latest posts