• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever not have anyone else to play with?

It's not that I would never do it, just never have. I probably will this summer when I really work on my game a lot.

Its a great way to think and really think about your shots. You can stand there and just think about your game and not what someone else is doing.

When playing alone work on muscle memory, never walk off a tee with your last shot not being the shot you wanted to make. In other words when playing alone mulligans are your friend. Use 'em and abuse 'em all you want.

When playing alone work on muscle memory, never walk off a tee with your last shot not being the shot you wanted to make. In other words when playing alone mulligans are your friend. Use 'em and abuse 'em all you want.

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone put this into words. It is absolute truth. Thank you for putting this into words. Really cool.

That sums up what I do when I practice. I believe very honestly that this has made my game what it is. (~970 rated with a hot tourney round of 1043).

Is SW OH Cincy? Just curious. Great area for DG. My brother is from Northern Ky and lives 2 minutes from Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) and works 5 minutes from Idlewild.

Daniel

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone put this into words. It is absolute truth. Thank you for putting this into words. Really cool.

That sums up what I do when I practice. I believe very honestly that this has made my game what it is. (~970 rated with a hot tourney round of 1043).

Is SW OH Cincy? Just curious. Great area for DG. My brother is from Northern Ky and lives 2 minutes from Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) and works 5 minutes from Idlewild.

Daniel

Yes it is...lol...you missed a page of posts in this thread, me and another person said what N Ky courses we play and asked where you're located. :)

i just shake my head when no one wants to come out. put on the headphones and play; more often then not i meet a new or old friend out on the course.
whats wrong with a good solitary round anyway?

I have played the majority of my rounds solo. Seems Im not good enough to play with the people who play as much as me (pros) and Im way better than anyone I try to get to play with me(beginners) I have a regular partner who I have groomed into someone who can actually beat me now. It makes it fun because we are on the same level. It's frustrating playing with people who r far superior to me. I get nervous and screw up...I tend to have my best rounds when Im solo...I do terrible in competitive rounds.

Actually Racer, you do stink and they were to nice to say something ;)

Seriously, just go down to the courses and meet new people. I have gained many valuable friendships this way and I have figured out who the D-bags are as well.....

Have you asked on the forums if there is any one in your area that wants to get together and play? Can you go to tournaments? Start playing them, meet new people. Got other friends that don't play? Invite them? That is how I got started. In the last nine months we've only got to play together one more time, but Spring is here, so I'm looking forward to more outings.

Don

Where do you live in KY? I could be close. Also,take a road trip to Burlington now and then and play myself. I have a aunt that lives within a mile or two of Idewild.

And I've been in groups where people weren't invited to join because the person wanting to join wasn't into certain things. Just tell them you don't care what they are doing,you just want to play with someone. Some people are paranoid or don't want to worry about offending others so they just prefer to play themselves.

Sorry I didn't respond...life intervenes sometimes, you know?

I live in Louisville. If you ever head up to the Cincy area, let me know and maybe we could hook up. Just PM me ahead of time and I'll work it into my "schedule"...:)

I feel you, man. I always want to just get out and play a round every day. Unforntunately, I have a few friends that like to play, but not as much as I do ( they don't want to get better as much as I do). I have one friend who loves to play as much as I do, but due to our conflicting schedules, we don't have much time to play together. So I'll go out and play by myself. I would love to meet more people that are willing to come out and play a round with me. Granted, I have met a bunch of people through league and tournament, but don't have a close enough relationship to just call them to meet up. Yes, if I see the we will play together, but that is not often. And to top it off, at my home course the majority of the players are punks that just trash the course and throw into people. I wouldn't even wanna throw with them.

Just play some round alone my man. Work on your negative tendencies and bad habits. Thats what I do. I use a solo round to really focus on my form and try to figure out why my backhand drives still stink. LOL. Keep your head up buddy, don't get down because you don't know people that love DG as much as you do. THEY ARE JUST MISSING OUT ON THE FUN!

Maybe someone should start a thread:

"Looking for someone to play DG with?" Post your City, and have them PM you.

Don

i just shake my head when no one wants to come out. put on the headphones and play; more often then not i meet a new or old friend out on the course.
whats wrong with a good solitary round anyway?

I'm the same way. I play close to 75% of my rounds solo. I have a limited amount of free time to be able to play, and when I can, I'm not going to wait or not play because I have to play solo. I don't mind putting the headphones on and going out to play. It's relaxing.

I feel you, man. I always want to just get out and play a round every day. Unforntunately, I have a few friends that like to play, but not as much as I do ( they don't want to get better as much as I do). I have one friend who loves to play as much as I do, but due to our conflicting schedules, we don't have much time to play together. So I'll go out and play by myself. I would love to meet more people that are willing to come out and play a round with me. Granted, I have met a bunch of people through league and tournament, but don't have a close enough relationship to just call them to meet up. Yes, if I see the we will play together, but that is not often. And to top it off, at my home course the majority of the players are punks that just trash the course and throw into people. I wouldn't even wanna throw with them.

My situation exactly, minus the friends at the beginning. Everything else is true for me...

I'd say I play about half my rounds solo. That is going up to about 75 percent this year because the guy I play with most hurt his shoulder (not DG related). I know I live in a hotbed but usually the courses I play are full of large groups of new players. I tend not to ask them to join, if I see anyone single I always ask. About half the time they join me. I'm an old chatty sob and I play pretty well, maybe I am scaring them. ;)

For the past nine months I have been unemployed, which sucks for bills but kicks ass for Disc! I go out to the course at least 3 times a week alone, usually in the middle of the day on weekdays so I might see 1 or 2 people out so I play solo and I love it! I make games to play, make my own hole layout if it's real quiet. I'll shoot 18 holes FH vs BH to see how my FH shot is progressing and to keep working on it. I like the sound of the woods, but often I'll stick some buds in my ears and rock some tunes!

Now if I want to play with random people, often 5:30 on a weekday works or any time on the weekends when most people get out for a round or two.

Another option, make new friends...

All of this said, last month was the first time I have ever asked a two-some or larger group if I could join in and was told no... I was kinda hurt, so I feel ya. In 10 years, not once has that happened to me!

I'm the same way, but I take a lot of the blame because my schedule rarely allows me to play when my friends are able to. Since I can't play too often during the day, I've played a lot of glow disc golf. Unfortunately, very few people around me play glow. Plus, only a few courses around here allow it (legally).

Latest posts