• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone have a Lightning DB-5?

wmforge

I'm finally buying a basket for the backyard and want something that will last. My limit is $250.00 with shipping. (What my wife doesn't know won't hurt me.) I have not heard anything negative besides them being heavy but that's not an issue. The hot dip galvinizing should last outside for quite a while. Anyonye have one or maybe know of something better? Thanks, Dale.

I've had one for about 2 years

but until about 2-3 weeks ago it was in my basement

since then outside...in a very wet spring...I've also had it outside at 2 tournaments where it rained

no rust or issues in that regard

I've had one since Feb. and it has been outside int he back yard the whole time. I added a inner ring of 9 chains and it catches as well as just about anything I've seen at the course. If weight is not an issue as you just plan on leaving it in the back yard and not traveling with it, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get the DB-5. I've had mine less than a year, but I've been very pleased & have noticed small improvments in my putting so far. should probably get out there and practice more than I do.:\

Mine's been in my yard for about five years. The only gripe I have is that the center of the base is a split collar that I expect to replace some day. (I'll need a welder.) So far it hasn't been a problem. The galvanizing is holding up well. And with the addition of inner chains tied to the main chain ring, I can really gun my puts without blow throughs. Traveling with is isn't a big deal if you have the room. It sets up and takes down easily. All things considered, I'm pleased with the purchase. IIRC mine was well under $200 and had free shipping. I did purchase it on back order to get such a deal. It took several weeks to arrive.

Have you checked out the disc nation baskets? I have the freedom (16 chain ) and i love it. Catches great so I haven't bothered to add more chain, it's been outside through a very wet Washington winter and spring , no sign of rust and was $229 shipped from "disc golf store". Don't know if it's a "better" basket than a db5 but definatly worth checking out

I've had mine outside for 4 yrs now without problems so far. It's not the prettiest or most portable basket but is very durable. I added inner chains too just because it was so simple to do. I picked it up for $179 shipped back then but the cost is $199+ now and most places charge shipping on top of that.

Anybody know when or if these things are gonna be in stock? Doesn't seem like anybody has any.

I am looking at buying a Mach 2, I can not find a db-5 anywhere in stock to compare it to. Any other suggestions?