• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anything better then a Roadrunner?

My set of understable discs consists of The Vulcan, Vision (My RR replacement) and the River. Although the Vision is a tad more stable than the RR. I found it more consistant and longer than the RR.

isn't the roadrunner flippier than the sidewinder?
why would a sidewinder turn and burn more for you?

The DX did burn but the Star pulled out of the turn earlier and faded more. RR turns more slowly but longer making it more forgiving and consistent on shapes. Sidewinder is a good disc but the RR is a great one.

Last edited:
Most of these guys have never tried the MVP Amp so they don't know what they're missing. If you buy one and don't like it, i will buy it from you for what you paid for it.

Most of these guys have never tried the MVP Amp so they don't know what they're missing. If you buy one and don't like it, i will buy it from you for what you paid for it.

You do this like every thread, like an overmolded parrot

You mentioned the secret weapon. Very nice disc for long sweeping turns. You can throw it harder than say an underworld, and its a nice disc to bag for a woody course. Definitely one to try. I don't bag it all the time, but its very useful when called on.

My set of understable discs consists of The Vulcan, Vision (My RR replacement) and the River. Although the Vision is a tad more stable than the RR. I found it more consistant and longer than the RR.

old or new mold vision?

I forgot to add I have thrown/owned a Vision and hated it. It was in TM2 though, probably first mold? Not sure. The plastic warped really bad after one tree hit, tried to bend it back, heating it, etc, nothing. After that it just turned and burned really bad. I have considered getting an Opto but my first experience is putting me off still.

i replaced my 171 champ RR with a 168 yellow tp northman. lil faster, lil bit more glide, similar turn. the yellow tp"s seem a little less hss than all the other northies ive thrown. paired with a heavy domey vip and i have my no wind contoll slots covered

interesting

The DX did burn but the Star pulled out of the turn earlier and faded more. RR turns more slowly but longer making it more forgiving and consistent on shapes. Sidewinder is a good disc but the RR is a great one.

interesting, I'll have to at least try a roadrunner some day.
But I doubt it can beat my sidewinder :)

Ive got an amp ill sell you, its too understable for me.

The patriot is gunning for my understable fairway right now.

I'm digging the underworld for more of an early turnover and then glide. I use the the amp for when I want to stay flat and slowly turnover. Both are awesome discs with unique flight paths.

I'm digging the underworld for more of an early turnover and then glide. I use the the amp for when I want to stay flat and slowly turnover. Both are awesome discs with unique flight paths.

Glad to hear your enjoying that Amp, i love the low line turnovers i can get with it too, and its that magic late turn over when throw level that reminds me of my old river :D sometimes it looks like i throw lefty when i hit it just right.

Ive got an amp ill sell you, its too understable for me.

The patriot is gunning for my understable fairway right now.

Nope, i only do this for people who are going to try MVP for the first time, i like to see people try new things. I have plenty of backups at the moment.

Last edited:
The RoadRunner had a place in my bag for quite a while in champion and then star plastic. Great turnover, or dead straight disc(when hyzer flipped). I did eventually switch it out for an VIP Underworld. The Westside VIP plastic is much nicer than INNOVAs' premium plastic imo, and the Underworld is more understable off the shelf, if not the most understable. I'm trying( and liking) Prodigy's F7 now for the slot the RR once occupied. The F7 is not as under stable as the Underworld but more so than the Star RR I own and in probably the best plastic I've ever held.

Yup, and of everyone who has bought an MVP disc from my suggestion has NEVER wanted me to buy it back for what they paid for it. :)

Man, where have you been. I've resold every MVP disc I've tried. I could've saved a few bucks selling them to you.

Nope, i only do this for people who are going to try MVP for the first time, i like to see people try new things. I have plenty of backups at the moment.

I just bought my first MVP disc, it's a Tensor and I don't want it. I keep it outside because I fear overmold could lead to respiratory illness or dermatitis. If you could help me out that would be great.

Latest posts