• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

WareHouseDude said:
Zam is controlled by the MotherShip, not me :eek:

Dont' let him know that, pretend it came from the mothership ;)

I made an impulse buy yesterday and bought a SOLF as part of my order on gggt.com.

I've never thrown a millenium disc at all, but this isn't the first time this place has influenced a purchase of mine. What can I expect from this disc, and what Innova/Discraft disc does it compare too?

sharkthrower said:
I made an impulse buy yesterday and bought a SOLF as part of my order on gggt.com.

I've never thrown a millenium disc at all, but this isn't the first time this place has influenced a purchase of mine. What can I expect from this disc, and what Innova/Discraft disc does it compare too?

You can expect greatness :)

Great distance driver that also handles Medium Headwinds with ease, Long with a extremely predictable fade. I'm drawing a blank on what it compares too. The rim kinda feels like Special Blend Orcish but it's a lot faster then an orc and WAY more consistent/predictable.

You will be extremely happy with your purchase.

Fritz said:
You can expect greatness :)

Great distance driver that also handles Medium Headwinds with ease, Long with a extremely predictable fade. I'm drawing a blank on what it compares too. The rim kinda feels like Special Blend Orcish but it's a lot faster then an orc and WAY more consistent/predictable.

You will be extremely happy with your purchase.

I love how that sounds. Can't wait to get it and give it a toss; thanks.

sharkthrower said:

For me the SOLF was a bit overstable at first but once I broke it in it became my $$$ driver. I use the SOLF or the SOLS for normal drives. (not heavy headwinds) I typically like my SOLFs to be a couple grams lighter than what I was throwing. (Wraiths) For me the SOLF is close to Wraith D but isn't as touchy. Sound about right guys?

sharkthrower said:

I believe I've read on here that a SOLF is compared to a longer Teebird. It's also compared to an Avenger but being more consistent.

I have just started getting the power where I've changed from the Teebird to the SOLF. It is unbelievably consistent for me. Straight and low with a nice fade. I have a lot of confidence in this disk where I didn't with other drivers.

Steady 26542 said:
sharkthrower said:

For me the SOLF was a bit overstable at first but once I broke it in it became my $$$ driver. I use the SOLF or the SOLS for normal drives. (not heavy headwinds) I typically like my SOLFs to be a couple grams lighter than what I was throwing. (Wraiths) For me the SOLF is close to Wraith D but isn't as touchy. Sound about right guys?

I would agree with that. It's just as long as a Wraith for me, but more consistent and accurate. A little smoother flight pattern.

found a lightly used polaris LF at a store today, i'm psyched since i've been loving my SOLS and OLF.

I got a disc x-out the g4 the pro shop said it was a driver proto for the millenium line, it felt good a slightly understable fairway pefect for those hyzerflips, the thing that really caught my eye was the plastic feel, it had the feel of pro with a mix of champ, best feeling disc in my hand. any more info about this G4?

Takeichi said:
I got a disc x-out the g4 the pro shop said it was a driver proto for the millenium line, it felt good a slightly understable fairway pefect for those hyzerflips, the thing that really caught my eye was the plastic feel, it had the feel of pro with a mix of champ, best feeling disc in my hand. any more info about this G4?

I think it's the prototype of the SOLS.

Were there differences in molds of the Polaris LFs from the Ontario to the Rancho. I traded for two 175g, one White from Ontario and one Blue from Rancho. Both say 2.3 runs but the White one has a major flat on the rim where the Blue one doesn't. The Blue one looks like a Polaris LS with just a wider rim. It also flies like an LS. I'm thinking the Blue one just got the wrong stamp on it.

For me the OLF is a pretty good disc but it's not what I had expected. It's not really overstable at all. I was really wondering how it could be compared to a TeeBird but now that I think about it, I bet people are comparing it to a DX TeeBird and not a Champ. That would make a lot more sense and I forget many people here throw a lot of the cheaper plastic. I can't compare it to any Innova Champion discs which is odd because I thought Millennium discs were all designed by Innova, so to compare to it another disc in high grade plastic, I would say it's similar to a Z-Flash but with a small rim. In other words it's not as stable as an orc, but much more so than a beast.

WraithMe said:
For me the OLF is a pretty good disc but it's not what I had expected. It's not really overstable at all. I was really wondering how it could be compared to a TeeBird but now that I think about it, I bet people are comparing it to a DX TeeBird and not a Champ. That would make a lot more sense and I forget many people here throw a lot of the beTTer plastic. I can't compare it to any Innova Champion discs which is odd because I thought Millennium discs were all designed by Innova, so to compare to it another disc in high grade plastic, I would say it's similar to a Z-Flash but with a small rim. In other words it's not as stable as an orc, but much more so than a beast.

fixed.

:D

ZAMson said:
T-Bone said:
Were there differences in molds of the Polaris LFs from the Ontario to the Rancho...... I'm thinking the Blue one just got the wrong stamp on it.
i wasn't aware of both Ontario and Rancho molds for the PLF. never looked at the engraving... i don't even own one, never have. a mis-stamping wouldn't surprise me though.
Or...this could be just another chapter in the evil Innova core-changing conspiracy... :p

Latest posts